Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
U.S. CDC REPORTS 22,860 NEW CORONAVIRUS CASES AS OF YESTERDAY; TOTAL NOW 1,551,095 CASES VS 1,528,235 IN PREVIOUS REPORT ON MAY 20 U.S. CDC REPORTS 1,397 NEW DEATHS DUE TO CORONAVIRUS AS OF YESTERDAY; TOTAL NOW 93,061 DEATHS VS 91,664 IN PREVIOUS REPORT ON MAY 20

OrangeOrdinaryAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

My girlfriend said that this is why she doesn't want to go back to Indonesia. There are a lot of people there who have no choice but to go to work during the pandemic, but there are also a ton of people who are just like "we get tsunamis, earthquakes, and random outbreaks all the time, so whatever". Pretty similar to the American mindset :smh:

a brewery in Calgary now legitimately has a place in history.

this report on why they´re choosing not to reopen right now is required reading for those mentally mapping from 2020 forward...they start off by breaking down their books at a level of transparency I´ve never seen.

peep:

If you do the math, to cover the 33% food cost+supplies plus $130k in combined labour costs and overhead (for concurrent dine-in and takeout/delivery), we need to earn $194k per month just to break even (calculated as target = 130000 / (1 – 0.33)). That’s an average daily sales revenue of $6,500, and with that we still haven’t retained our magic nickel!

That magic nickel is required to cover future unexpected expenses and repairs, or if we ever wanted to replace furniture or invest in additional kitchen or brewery equipment, or to pay for renovations.

Bringing in that extra 5% takes us to $204k in monthly revenue required to operate ($6,800/day), compared with the roughly $4k/day required to operate in a takeout/delivery-only model (approximately 30% less than if we tried to reopen).

whole report is worth a read, they go into detail about factors nobody but restaurant owners would think of:

-doesn´t washing dishes with a sprayer spray COVIDs everywhere, if present? like, EVERYWHERE?
-does our staff really need the n95s currently being fought over by major world governments? (yes, but no.)
-are we really going to temperature check every incoming drunk?
-aren´t mfs going to want to fight if they show up in a group of more than 10 and we say ¨split up?¨
-do we have servers or security guards?

it´s a lengthy but incredibly candid piece that shows why the business model is questionably viable at this time.

maybe more delivery programs, maybe a Blue Apron type deal, maybe take and bake is the New Hot Thing.

...but the restaurant as we know it is D E A D.

much love if somebody wants to hit my broke *** up with a stock tip based on that actual factual.

Last edited:

It's not but that won't stop ignorant people from unilaterally deciding that it is, in their own minds, and risking infecting others for selfish reasons :smh:

My girlfriend said that this is why she doesn't want to go back to Indonesia. There are a lot of people there who have no choice but to go to work during the pandemic, but there are also a ton of people who are just like "we get tsunamis, earthquakes, and random outbreaks all the time, so whatever". Pretty similar to the American mindset :smh:

There is no longer an "American mindset" when it comes to this virus, especially when we are seeing other countries outside of the USA that is just as stubborn AND ignorant as us in terms of how they're handling re-openings and whatnot................as it was pointed out from a few people in this thread about several days back.

You're either aware and educated on how to handle yourself with social-distancing guidelines as the re-openings are happening OR you are ignorant and give ZERO ****S about social distancing.

And if you are ignorant to social-distancing, stay the **** away from me and my ppl (family and friends, maybe some co-workers)

This pandemic exposing how mentally soft some ppl are

Yup, really exposing the folks who have never faced legit adversity in their lives.

Ready to throw a fit and rage because something might be inconvenient or uncomfortable for them without a thought or care for the people and their families who end up having to go through much worse because of this whole situation :smh:

They're entitled enough to believe that their feelings should take precedence over any other considerations since those feelings get catered to constantly in normal times.

I finally had some time to read up on this and it seems as though the US is attempting to piggyback on the UK/Oxford vaccine because it appears as though it is the most promising of current vaccines in development. It would essentially be AstraZeneca licensing the Oxford vaccine in order to produce 300M doses for the US as soon as it has cleared testing and receives approval, potentially as soon as October 2020. I’m here for it!

Side note, I guess this means Moderna’s vaccine isn’t as effective as advertised?

Science-minded NT’ers, let’s discuss...

Last edited:
first it was the tobacco leafs and now mary. these are somewhat 'natural' remedies. I hope these 'cures' are complimentary to a holistic approach, instead of the big pharm solutions.

there are no real answers so there just throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks

I finally had some time to read up on this and it seems as though the US is attempting to piggyback on the UK/Oxford vaccine because it appears as though it is the most promising of current vaccines in development. It would essentially be AstraZeneca licensing the Oxford vaccine in order to produce 300M doses as soon as it has cleared testing and receives approval, potentially as soon as October 2020. I’m here for it!

Side note, I guess this means Moderna’s vaccine isn’t as effective as advertised?

Science-minded NT’ers, let’s discuss...
I read somewhere, and a nter talked about this too, that drug companies are dropping positive news to the press just to get more shareholders. The news they be dropping aren't peer reviewed findings so who knows how legit their progress really be.

If any of them happen to have a setback they won't reveal it unless they're forced to

Back
Top Bottom