Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
And there it is.

Wife called me and said she received a notice that my daughter could have possibly gotten exposed to someone with COVID, through contact tracing. On the 2nd freaking day of school. Are you kidding me.

Scheduled testing for me, wife and daughter.

And there it is.

Wife called me and said she received a notice that my daughter could have possibly gotten exposed to someone with COVID, through contact tracing. On the 2nd freaking day of school. Are you kidding me.

Scheduled testing for me, wife and daughter.

must be a terrible time to be a parent of a young child

I would take her out of school and just forget about the school year

let she stay at home if it’s possible for you and your wife just to keep her safe and healthy

I hope all three of you will be OK let us know

let she stay at home if it’s possible for you and your wife just to keep her safe and healthy

I feel so bad for her because I know she wants to be social and meet new friends. It was clear that last year was both frustrating and confusing for her not being able to go to school or play with her cousins until the guidelines became clearer.

Doing my best to think positive, not come down with any symptoms and hope that we all test negative.

I just wish we had the option for distance learning until the kids are able to be vaccinated. My kids were very nervous to start school in person again after being home for a year and a half, but I can tell they are enjoying it and happy to go every day. Best thing we can do is put them in the best masks and make sure they understand the risks without scaring them. It's obvious that they are at more risk being in school, but there are also benefits that can't be accurately measured. Full on homeschool is not for the faint of heart and not something most parents are able to manage without serious commitment. We looked into it and decided it was not something we were ready to take on at this time. If the situation on campus changes, we will need to adjust accordingly.

Doing my best to think positive, not come down with any symptoms and hope that we all test negative.

neil-de-grasse-tyson-wheel-of-science-episodes.gif

With the booster coming out, I wonder if this will change your status as fully vaccinated if your second shot was more than 8 months ago.

I just wish we had the option for distance learning until the kids are able to be vaccinated. My kids were very nervous to start school in person again after being home for a year and a half, but I can tell they are enjoying it and happy to go every day. Best thing we can do is put them in the best masks and make sure they understand the risks without scaring them. It's obvious that they are at more risk being in school, but there are also benefits that can't be accurately measured. Full on homeschool is not for the faint of heart and not something most parents are able to manage without serious commitment. We looked into it and decided it was not something we were ready to take on at this time. If the situation on campus changes, we will need to adjust accordingly.

I’ve been seriously considering it unless DiBlasio announces a remote option here in NY. It would only be until the vaccine becomes available. I figure they’ll be quarantining by the end of the first week anyway, so hopefully they’ll have to start remote inevitably. Very stressful having to deal with sending an unvaccinated child to school.

With the booster coming out, I wonder if this will change your status as fully vaccinated if your second shot was more than 8 months ago.

For clarity, are you asking whether or not you'd still technically be considered fully vaccinated if you don't take the 3rd shot 8 months after your 2nd? I'm really trying to hold out for an updated booster that's better than just taking more of the same. It's kind of crazy we haven't seen any news or data on boosters that specifically target VOC's. I remember seeing news that Pfizer and Moderna were working on them, but I would have thought that could be achieved more quickly.

Known two people, both ultra conservative and overweight, who have recently passed. When asked what happened, people from both families will swear it wasn't Covid before you can barely even finish the question. It was just "something" that killed them. They can't really say :smh:

I'm at the point of making sure myself and loved ones are fully vaxxed up and not giving a damn beyond that.

And if there was a god, that POS governor (Abbott) would be burning in hell right now. Unfortunately that ain't how the real world works.

For clarity, are you asking whether or not you'd still technically be considered fully vaccinated if you don't take the 3rd shot 8 months after your 2nd? I'm really trying to hold out for an updated booster that's better than just taking more of the same. It's kind of crazy we haven't seen any news or data on boosters that specifically target VOC's. I remember seeing news that Pfizer and Moderna were working on them, but I would have thought that could be achieved more quickly.

Yea, basically that. With many places requiring full vaccination for entry, I wonder what your status becomes if you don’t take the booster at the 8 month mark.

Yea, basically that. With many places requiring full vaccination for entry, I wonder what your status becomes if you don’t take the booster at the 8 month mark.

If my time comes (November) and rates are still high in my area with no sign of updated boosters on the horizon I'll probably just take it for the added antibody boost.

Any news on booster shot and side effects from that?

Reportedly over a million people have already gotten a booster (unauthorized, word to Gov Abbott) and there hasn't been any indication that side effects are any worse than whatever you experienced during your second dose. Now if you previously got Pfizer and plan to get Moderna for #3 (undetermined if it will be allowed) I would be prepared for more intense side effects. That being said, the Moderna booster is supposed to be half (50 mcg) compared to the first 2 (100 mcg), so maybe not.

Last edited:
my brother hired this lady and later learned that she’s a maga antivaxxer. come to find out the other people in her house got covid so he made her stay home. he was exposed to her for a day before she found out though and she’s still waiting for her test results. my brother is fully vaxxed so i asked him if he got tested and he said nah. i’m like why not man?! c’mon dude. i’m heading to drop this off to him when i get off work. he can’t visit us or my mom until he does both tests.
E0FFA110-F1B2-4EC1-B3A3-846E286F19D7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom