Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Glad someone is refusing care.

fine with me. looks like he has a private clinic, his other patients with some common sense deserve not to be exposed to unvaxxed folks in the waiting room.

The thing is it would be illegal to refuse to treat a critically ill anti-vaxxer in a hospital setting. The ethics of changing the laws around are tricky and would create a slippery slope issue.

this applies to the ER only for obvious reasons lol. also not allowed to ask for insurance up front they really hammer that down on ethics questions for some reason like that makes sense to be that much of a douche

Yeah doctors can refuse to treat or choose to not be held liable for patients who don't follow their recommendations (like get vaccinated). They have you fill a form. When I was at a doc and they wanted an ambulance to rush me to the ER and I declined and just went myself, had to sign a form.

your situation sounds like you declining AMA (against medical advice) and they had you fill out the forms for liability.

this guy is a private clinician, he can just straight up tell everyone "not accepting new patients at this time" and be good to go

your situation sounds like you declining AMA (against medical advice) and they had you fill out the forms for liability.

this guy is a private clinician, he can just straight up tell everyone "not accepting new patients at this time" and be good to go

It doesn't even sound all that different from many private practices at the start of the pandemic who were specifically telling their patients they were only doing well visits and if you had any COVID symptoms to go get tested first.

calling it a "pop up" makes it look like they're camping out for shoes or something :lol:

IMG_6382.JPG

pop-up-shop-nike-5.jpg

It doesn't even sound all that different from many private practices at the start of the pandemic who were specifically telling their patients they were only doing well visits and if you had any COVID symptoms to go get tested first.

hmm good point. i guess hes getting the pub because hes about vaccinations instead of already being sick/infected

My understanding is that he's operating a private practice clinic, not a hospital.
If that's the case that changes things.

There's a precedence for outpatient clinics turning away patients. If a patient is really sick they can justify rejecting the patient by saying you need a higher level of care than we can give, you have to go to the ER (or the outpatient clinic can just call 911 if there's an emergency)

If he was an ER doctor and the patient is about to die, I am pretty sure he'd be violating the oath by turning him away

I understand you guys feelings about the unvaxxed. I share the same feelings. But it's not on the doctor to play judge and jury. He has one job and that's to save lives. Let the lawmakers or insurance people decide who can't receive Healthcare.

Last edited:
If that's the case that changes things.

There's a precedence for outpatient clinics turning away patients. If a patient is really sick they can say, they can justify rejecting the patient by saying you need a higher level of care than we can give, you have to go to the ER (or the outpatient clinic can just call 911 if there's an emergency)

If he was an ER doctor and the patient is about to die, I am pretty sure he'd be violating the oath by turning him away

Technically, there's not much a private practice clinic can do for a patient who has COVID-19 in their office. They would potentially be putting their otherwise healthy patients in danger, so yeah it seems completely fine to refuse to see patients who are not vaccinated. The only exception would be those who are too young to be vaccinated.

Technically, there's not much a private practice clinic can do for a patient who has COVID-19 in their office. They would potentially be putting their otherwise healthy patients in danger, so yeah it seems completely fine to refuse to see patients who are not vaccinated. The only exception would be those who are too young to be vaccinated.
This is slippery slope thinking.

Accepting covid 19 patients, regardless of vaxx status, regardless of at the er or at a private clinic, puts everyone at risk, even staff. So why not just refuse to treat covid 19 patients altogether?

This is slippery slope thinking.

Accepting covid 19 patients, regardless of vaxx status, regardless of at the er or at a private clinic, puts everyone at risk, even staff. So why not just refuse to treat covid 19 patients altogether?

You're reaching. A hospital has resources that are not available at most clinics. However, as previously stated I would feel no sympathy for people who chose not to get vaccinated and were sent to an outside tent with the rest of their anti-vax peers for that au naturel oxygenation treatment.

I don't have sympathy for them either. But you forget, even though I'm not a doctor, I work in healthcare. We're literally taught not to let our feelings of the patient affect the care we give.

I still believe that a doctor is obligated to treat, unless the patient requires treatment he can't administer.

Now if insurance companies decide after the fact that they don't wanna pay for the treatment the unvaxxed got, that's a different matter altogether..let them get stuck with the whole bill..

I don't have sympathy for them either. But you forget, even though I'm not a doctor, I work in healthcare. We're literally taught not to let our feelings of the patient affect the care we give.

I understand all that, but you're missing my point. Agree to disagree.
giphy.gif

Talked to the superintendent at my daughter's school and asked what their plan was if there was more than one positive COVID case in the classroom or at school.

He said they don't have a detailed plan, but will react to making a quick decision.
huh-what.gif

Dang, even a bad plan is better than no plan. Sounds like the same plan in place at my kids' school though. We got an email this morning saying, "Good news, we've only had 4 confirmed cases in the week since we started classes but don't worry everything's under control..."

Talked to the superintendent at my daughter's school and asked what their plan was if there was more than one positive COVID case in the classroom or at school.

He said they don't have a detailed plan, but will react to making a quick decision.
huh-what.gif
At this point schools need to be implementing plans for not if but when.

just went to target and there’s this husky little girl just coughing all over the place. Not covering her mouth or anything. Her parents not giving no dambs. People are disgusting.

I understand all that, but you're missing my point. Agree to disagree.
giphy.gif

Dang, even a bad plan is better than no plan. Sounds like the same plan in place at my kids' school though. We got an email this morning saying, "Good news, we've only had 4 confirmed cases in the week since we started classes but don't worry everything's under control..."
I really thought they had a thought out plan with how well they communication has been and all the steps they had made on the campus.

Welp.

At this point schools need to be implementing plans for not if but when.

i know of at least 1 school in LA that has sent out a letter/email to a parent alerting them of a positive case at the school
this went out on the 16th,...most schools started on the 16th

The other thing that doctor has is that he’s recommending the vaccine - so by definition all of the antivaxxers are rejecting his medical advice - so he would have a point in saying that if they don’t trust him that’s a vital part of the relationship so he suggests they find a doctor they do trust.

Welp not surprised that WA state reimplemented a mask mandate. It sucks but is what it is and I'll follow the guidelines. Though it looks like clubs/bars aren't going to have capacity limits or early close times so we'll see over the next couple weeks if this is really that effective.

Not excited about having to mask up at the gym again though... It's been nice not having to for almost two months.

Back
Top Bottom