Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nothing wrong with that. I think it’s bs when people act like you have to have a passion for your job.

I have the same feelings towards mine, it’s cool but the only reason I do it is the money and benefits. It’s not like I wake up just stoked to spend 14 hours at work. :lol:

I can safely say the primary reason I work as an RN is the money. I like my job, but if I wasn’t able to clear 6 figures as is I would seek out a different career path.
Nothing wrong with that. I think it’s bs when people act like you have to have a passion for your job.

I have the same feelings towards mine, it’s cool but the only reason I do it is the money and benefits. It’s not like I wake up just stoked to spend 14 hours at work. :lol:

If ya'll are RNs, California is where it's at. Ratios, best pay, best benefits, best compensation. Union allows us to call out whenever we want as long as a day before "kin care", and can use PTO to get paid for it. One of my jobs at UCSF: can contribute 19.5k to 403b (pre-tax), 19.5k to 457B (pre or post tax), additional 7.5% post-tax, and PENSION.

If ya'll are RNs, California is where it's at. Ratios, best pay, best benefits, best compensation. Union allows us to call out whenever we want as long as a day before "kin care", and can use PTO to get paid for it. One of my jobs at UCSF: can contribute 19.5k to 403b (pre-tax), 19.5k to 457B (pre or post tax), additional 7.5% post-tax, and PENSION.

im a union equipment operator but it sounds very similar to what you guys got going on in healthcare as far as the pay and benefits.

pension boys. :pimp:

I’m in mn though.

I'm trying to remember where I read it this morning but apparently the hospital is small and rural, nearest next hospital is 15 min away and they see like 15 births a month

Do I applaud someone for leaving a six figure job or laugh? There’s a part of me that understands their doing.

Viva La France

france-world-cup.gif

Somewhat misleading title but a step in the right direction.

A French government decree issued on Thursday bumped the United States and Israel from the country's "green" list, down to "orange," effectively prohibiting nonessential travel to France for unvaccinated visitors.

Under France's rules, unvaccinated travelers from either country will still be allowed in provided they have an essential reason for travel, however they'll need a negative Covid-19 test before travel and must quarantine for seven days on arrival.

It’s interesting because the countries within the EU are all taking different approaches to their ban of American travelers but if numbers keep surging then I imagine the EU’s “recommendation” may become a mandate.

Do I applaud someone for leaving a six figure job or laugh? There’s a part of me that understands their doing.

Applaud because the more people like that who will no longer be taking care of people will be involved with saving lives. She obviously cares about herself more than others, and the less people like that involved with that type of responsibility, the better.

Thread (there‘s more than what’s posted):

Americans never miss an opportunity to say to Europeans (especially the French and British) "you're welcome" in regards to their contributions to WWII. What they ALWAYS forget is the amount of restrictions that were imposed on the American populace to make the war effort possible.

The labor market changed radically. Peacetime conflicts concerning race and labor took on a special dimension because of the pressure for national unity. The Hollywood film industry was important for propaganda. Every aspect of life from politics to personal savings changed when put on a wartime footing. This was achieved by tens of millions of workers moving from low to high productivity jobs in industrial centers. Millions of students, retirees, housewives, and unemployed moved into the active labor force. The hours they had to work increased dramatically as the time for leisure activities declined sharply.

Gasoline, meat, and clothing were tightly rationed. Most families were allocated 3 US gallons (11 l; 2.5 imp gal) of gasoline a week, which sharply curtailed driving for any purpose. Production of most durable goods, like new housing, vacuum cleaners, and kitchen appliances, was banned until the war ended.[1] In industrial areas housing was in short supply as people doubled up and lived in cramped quarters. Prices and wages were controlled.

Oh, great…

At least with that one see wouldn’t have the whole “it’s 99.8% fine…” - can’t really make that argument at 40%+ but that doesn’t sound good.

kdawg kdawg is it true that childhood vaccination is not mandatory for school, etc in the UK? I was told that recently and didn’t believe it, but everything I read seems to indicate it’s true.

Last edited:

Actual article:

One thing I want to emphasize in this article is that the group is saying there is still quite a bit that is unknown about post-vaccine immunity. Contrast this to the online facebook/Twitter “experts” that love saying that their various talking points are 100% certain. Science doesn’t work like that. That may mean that down the line, the view on boosters will change. Again, this is how evidence based medicine works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom