High achieving slackers unite! Finding purpose...

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
So I finally graduated college with my b.a. in speech pathology...and I gotta say...your boy is feeling lackluster.
I graduated Cum Laude which made me feel good...until I heard about the achievement of my peers and colleagues above me.  It just goes to show that in every person theirs room for improvement. Never be satisfied with who you are, which I was for a major portion of high school as well as at times leading up until today. Monotonous mediocrity is only good in moderation...for down time after you've achieved something big.  But never rest.  The saying goes you are your biggest competition and I believed this...but because learning is a circular type of thing i'm reminded of someone posting in one of my threads about perfection and how we need to base our achievements against others to determine the quality of our work done.  It may seem very superficial to do something like this but even superficiality has it's merits.  It's the yang to our self-based aspirations and achievements.  Today I heard speeches from some very accomplished men quoting other accomplished men, one of which resonated at very high frequencies in my core:

If%20by%20Rudyard%20Kipling.jpg

"Stay thirsty my friends."

So I finally graduated college with my b.a. in speech pathology...and I gotta say...your boy is feeling lackluster.
I graduated Cum Laude which made me feel good...until I heard about the achievement of my peers and colleagues above me.  It just goes to show that in every person theirs room for improvement. Never be satisfied with who you are, which I was for a major portion of high school as well as at times leading up until today. Monotonous mediocrity is only good in moderation...for down time after you've achieved something big.  But never rest.  The saying goes you are your biggest competition and I believed this...but because learning is a circular type of thing i'm reminded of someone posting in one of my threads about perfection and how we need to base our achievements against others to determine the quality of our work done.  It may seem very superficial to do something like this but even superficiality has it's merits.  It's the yang to our self-based aspirations and achievements.  Today I heard speeches from some very accomplished men quoting other accomplished men, one of which resonated at very high frequencies in my core:

If%20by%20Rudyard%20Kipling.jpg

"Stay thirsty my friends."

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
35jht7c.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That poem was Powerful. Beautiful. Inspiring.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Edit: And congratulations on graduating. [/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

35jht7c.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[/color]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I spent the past 4 years of college as an English major and didn't read one of the books assigned to me (and that goes for my other classes) and finished with a 3.39 which would've been a 3.45 had I gone to my Seminar class. Being a great bs'er > wasting my time, reading mediocre novels and textbooks that do not appeal to me whatsoever. I will say this, though, one should never be a slacker or bs'er in something he truly cares about which in my case is my writing. That's probably the only thing I've actually taken seriously in my whole life.

Congrats OP.

even bigger of props in that I'm assuming your a male, and there is a definite lack of speech language pathologists that are male. While it may seem unnerving that you will be entering a female dominated area, there are definite perks.
glasses.gif

I don't know what your future plans are but try to get that masters. If you like children, and are in NY and want to work within NY, try to obtain the board of education speech language pathologist scholarship. The scholarship will cover your tuition for the masters program, provided you work for the board of ed for 4 years.

Congrats OP.

even bigger of props in that I'm assuming your a male, and there is a definite lack of speech language pathologists that are male. While it may seem unnerving that you will be entering a female dominated area, there are definite perks.
glasses.gif

I don't know what your future plans are but try to get that masters. If you like children, and are in NY and want to work within NY, try to obtain the board of education speech language pathologist scholarship. The scholarship will cover your tuition for the masters program, provided you work for the board of ed for 4 years.

I spent the past 4 years of college as an English major and didn't read one of the books assigned to me (and that goes for my other classes) and finished with a 3.39 which would've been a 3.45 had I gone to my Seminar class. Being a great bs'er > wasting my time, reading mediocre novels and textbooks that do not appeal to me whatsoever. I will say this, though, one should never be a slacker or bs'er in something he truly cares about which in my case is my writing. That's probably the only thing I've actually taken seriously in my whole life.

Congratulations OP!!

"If you can make one heap of all your winnings, and risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, and lose, and start again at your beginnings, and never breathe a word about your loss"

-
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Congratulations OP!!

"If you can make one heap of all your winnings, and risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, and lose, and start again at your beginnings, and never breathe a word about your loss"

-
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

35jht7c.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[/color]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
congrats op.

Back
Top Bottom