HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

only doing roller bags with air travel, ever

for a quick weekend, the 45 usually suffice

a few years back, id probably bring more shoes than i need even for a weekend getaway but these days, probably 2, maybe 3 max depending on any events/occasions i may attend

Big facts. I even stopped using backpacks.

Rimowa carryon + this and my airport time has never been easier.

Big facts. I even stopped using backpacks.

Rimowa carryon + this and my airport time has never been easier.
unless they can create something that I can carry at my back, I'm keeping my backpack. it's a lifelong habit. besides, I don't like dragging all the weight on one hand.

Attachments

• kid-nope.gif
    kid-nope.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 531
I had a carry on Rimowa I got for dirt but sold it, gliding wheels wasnt enough to justify it for me. :lol: Maybe if I traveled like that then yeah.

Rimowa is one of the few luxury items that justifies the price if you travel more than 5 times per year. The things I can cram in there and zipper up without any hassle is :pimp: I haven't found the perfect partner to carry with it yet, I go between a filson, LL bean tote and others. We shall see.

i find rimowas prices actually reasonable

the LV/Gucci alternative in canvas cost 2x-3x more and you get an aluminum case with rimowa

Rimowa is one of the few luxury items that justifies the price if you travel more than 5 times per year. The things I can cram in there and zipper up without any hassle is :pimp: I haven't found the perfect partner to carry with it yet, I go between a filson, LL bean tote and others. We shall see.

Besides the wheels what makes a Rimowa worth it over a decent quality lower priced luggage? Like an Away for example? And even then Away is also pretty smooth to drag around so wheels is even a stretch. Luggage is supposed to be functional. A Rimowa is gonna get beat and dented just as easily as any other brand with that type of shell.

Srs question also.

Besides the wheels what makes a Rimowa worth it over a decent quality lower priced luggage? Like an Away for example? And even then Away is also pretty smooth to drag around so wheels is even a stretch. Luggage is supposed to be functional. A Rimowa is gonna get beat and dented just as easily as any other brand with that type of shell.

Srs question also.
To each their own I suppose, you even said yourself you don't travel enough to justify it, I do.

I haven't had every luggage under the sun but I personally haven't seen a bag comparable, I don't have an away but I have friends that do and it doesn't compare imo in terms of build, weight and size to space ratio.

I also don't care if mine gets dented, I don't even have the famous silver so I doubt people can even tell mine is Rimowa anyway. You felt it was overpriced and I think that's fair.

To each their own I suppose, you even said yourself you don't travel enough to justify it, I do.

I haven't had every luggage under the sun but I personally haven't seen a bag comparable, I don't have an away but I have friends that do and it doesn't compare imo in terms of build, weight and size to space ratio.

I also don't care if mine gets dented, I don't even have the famous silver so I doubt people can even tell mine is Rimowa anyway. You felt it was overpriced and I think that's fair.

So build, weight and size to space ratio? See idk if they actual are superior in any of these categories. Build we would get a ton of them back as returns, faulty locks, broken wheels but that could be any brand and probably more. I dont think the weight is a factor, size to space idk either those are technical. They do have a good build quality to them though, is it worth hundreds of dollars more than the competition? Probably not, as is with most luxury items in terms of quality, but again luggage one would def put an emphasis on quality more than a clothing item or something.

The only down side with Rimowas having a couple myself is they get stolen at the airport.

My fiance lost her whole trunk

What happens if a wheel busts on your Away suitcase? You gonna carry that thing around for the rest of your trip?

With Rimowa, if a component breaks, you take it to the store and it gets fixed on the spot.

For someone like myself who travels a lot, there's a ton value in that.

What happens if a wheel busts on your Away suitcase? You gonna carry that thing around for the rest of your trip?

With Rimowa, if a component breaks, you take it to the store and it gets fixed on the spot.

Happened to me twice already .

Lock broke then the wheel broke beyond clutch

You make it seem as if its thats linear though. You still going out of your way to bring it to a store (if you even have a store around) and god knows how long they will actually take for the repair, maybe they are backed up. Will it get done in time for you before you leave to go back home? Its just as inconvenient as the wheels breaking. Lets say it is that linear, is that still worth the price difference for that one off chance the wheel breaks?

Fellas,
Any other alternatives to Rick Berlin pants? I have a pair but want some other ones I can rotate instead of buying another pair... cheaper would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom