high school girls b-ball team loses 0-100

Originally Posted by JPZx

When it's 0-98 I guess the only thing the coach can say is, "Let's hold them here and not let them get to triple digits!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

dude saw it as a win. like what was his game plan, to not let the other team put up 101 on them?

What's even worse is that individually, the other team's players had more or the same amount of points by themselves than what the other team hadcombined.

Heck, even the coach, assistant coach, the people in the stands, the reporter, the columnist, etc. had the same amount as that girls team.

Dallas Academy players and coach look back on the game and talk about never quitting and playing for more than the final score.
indifferent.gif
Sounds like something a loser would say. Somebodyget these chicks a damn myspace or something. This don't make no damn sense.
smh.gif

roll.gif
Unbelievable....Unexceptable....Unimaginable....Untolerable....Underachieving....And Any Other Un*insert word* Phrase
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. That's all bad. Imagine what it feels like to be one of their parents watching your girl getting spanked that bad.
sick.gif

This isnt related to holding a team to 0 but the score reminded me of some funny memories....

My brothers AAU team in 6th, 7th, 8th grade would go up against teams in tournaments that shouldn't of been there and beat them by over 100 points....kidswould go home crying...parents from the other team would be screaming for my bro's team to "stop playing so rough" and "let themscore".....it was pure comedy....One time they were beating some kids in 8th grade by about 80 or 90 points and some dad walked onto the court and tookhis kid by the hand and they went home
laugh.gif

[h1]Lafayette, West Point girls win[/h1] January 23, 2009 HIGH SCHOOLS - In girls basketball, Endi Frazier scored 13 points to lead Lafayette past host Jamestown 52-33. Jessica Napoleon led Jamestown with 15. ... Kiera Gaines had 23 points, 10 assists, 12 rebounds and eight blocks to lead West Point past Middlesex 67-50. ... Jennifer Ewing scored 20 points as Alliance Christian got a 46-43 victory at Metro Conference rival Williamsburg Christian Academy. Becca Perkins, who scored 15 points for WCA, missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Libby Timmer led WCA (8-8, 2-7) with 22 points. ... Jo Stevenson scored 19 points as Denbigh Baptist (8-4, 5-3 Metro) topped Isle of Wight Academy 49-34. ... Norfolk Academy held off Walsingham 47-41. ... Officials from a school that won a 100-0 girls game, Covenant of Dallas, say they are apologizing and seeking to forfeit the game to the Dallas Academy, which has just 20 girls in its school and eight on the team. ..

pretty poor sportsmanship on the winning coach's part...

oh..and to note....they were up by 59-0 by the 1st half ...so they decided to full court press starting the 2nd half....
and another thing...the losing team is from a school that specializes in teaching kids with learning disabilities.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...so they decided to full court press starting the 2nd half....
I'll sign his late pass since he's cool mod

but what were they trying to prove?
grin.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Texas prep hoops team might forfeit 100-0 win
Girls game was 'shameful' - 'Victory without honor is a great loss'

DALLAS - A Texas high school girls basketball team on the winning end of a 100-0 game has a case of blowout remorse.

Now officials from The Covenant School say they are trying to do the right thing by seeking a forfeit and apologizing for the margin of victory.

"It is shameful and an embarrassment that this happened," Kyle Queal, the head of the school, said in a statement, adding the forfeit was requestedbecause "a victory without honor is a great loss."

The private Christian school defeated Dallas Academy last week. Covenant was up 59-0 at halftime.

A parent who attended the game told The Associated Press that Covenant continued to make 3-pointers - even in the fourth quarter. She praised the Covenantplayers but said spectators and an assistant coach were cheering wildly as their team edged closer to 100 points.

"I think the bad judgment was in the full-court press and the 3-point shots," said Renee Peloza, whose daughter plays for Dallas Academy. "Atsome point, they should have backed off."

Dallas Academy coach Jeremy Civello told The Dallas Morning News that the game turned into a "layup drill," with the opposing team's guardswaiting to steal the ball and drive to the basket. Covenant scored 12 points in the fourth quarter and "finally eased up when they got to 100 with aboutfour minutes left," he said.

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of itssmall class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.

There is no mercy rule in girls basketball that shortens the game or permits the clock to continue running when scores become lopsided. There is, however,"a golden rule" that should have applied in this contest, said Edd Burleson, the director of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools.Both schools are members of this association, which oversees private school athletics in Texas.

"On a personal note, I told the coach of the losing team how much I admire their girls for continuing to compete against all odds," Burleson said."They showed much more character than the coach that allowed that score to get out of hand. It's up to the coach to control the outcome."

In the statement on the Covenant Web site, Queal said the game "does not reflect a Christ-like and honorable approach to competition. We humbly apologizefor our actions and seek the forgiveness of Dallas Academy, TAPPS and our community."

Covenant coach Micah Grimes did not immediately respond to a message left by The Associated Press on Thursday.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

[h1]Lafayette, West Point girls win[/h1] January 23, 2009 HIGH SCHOOLS - In girls basketball, Endi Frazier scored 13 points to lead Lafayette past host Jamestown 52-33. Jessica Napoleon led Jamestown with 15. ... Kiera Gaines had 23 points, 10 assists, 12 rebounds and eight blocks to lead West Point past Middlesex 67-50. ... Jennifer Ewing scored 20 points as Alliance Christian got a 46-43 victory at Metro Conference rival Williamsburg Christian Academy. Becca Perkins, who scored 15 points for WCA, missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Libby Timmer led WCA (8-8, 2-7) with 22 points. ... Jo Stevenson scored 19 points as Denbigh Baptist (8-4, 5-3 Metro) topped Isle of Wight Academy 49-34. ... Norfolk Academy held off Walsingham 47-41. ... Officials from a school that won a 100-0 girls game, Covenant of Dallas, say they are apologizing and seeking to forfeit the game to the Dallas Academy, which has just 20 girls in its school and eight on the team. ..

pretty poor sportsmanship on the winning coach's part...

oh..and to note....they were up by 59-0 by the 1st half ...so they decided to full court press starting the 2nd half....
and another thing...the losing team is from a school that specializes in teaching kids with learning disabilities.

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes inteaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans ordyslexia.

Maybe they should get rid of the bball program....

At a shootaround Thursday, several Dallas Academy players said they were frustrated during the game but felt it was a learning opportunity. They also said theyare excited about some of the attention they are receiving from the loss, including an invitation from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to see an NBA gamefrom his suite.

Good job Mark
smokin.gif

Have any of yall ever watched a bad girls HS team play?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The other team should have at least stopped their full court press, but they're complaining about them taking 3pt shots? I'm sure the girls have a shotclock as well so they have to shoot the ball eventually, I'd rather them shoot a 3 than a layup...
Exactly....and what kind of school only has 20 students?

So wait, they scored 100 with FOUR MINUTES LEFT in the quarter, and THEN put on the brakes?
sick.gif

I dunno about that coach. Like was said, it's 59 - 0 at the half, you should pretty much call it a game, take out the starters and let the bench get someminutes. Continue to play basketball so as not to totally just "give up" to the team that is losing, but better to get some players some extra workand let the other team try to compete against them, then have starters in there with a full court press shootin 3's.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The other team should have at least stopped their full court press, but they're complaining about them taking 3pt shots? I'm sure the girls have a shot clock as well so they have to shoot the ball eventually, I'd rather them shoot a 3 than a layup...

a school that specializes in teaching students with special needs.....
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The other team should have at least stopped their full court press, but they're complaining about them taking 3pt shots? I'm sure the girls have a shot clock as well so they have to shoot the ball eventually, I'd rather them shoot a 3 than a layup...

indifferent.gif

They have 20 FEMALE students 8 of them on the the bball squad...it's possible that some ofthem went their whole HS career without winning a single game
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

indifferent.gif

If they have special needs, why are they playing students that don't?

Back
Top Bottom