Highest Paid Musicians of 2015

Her Tony Bennet album would definitely considered mature :lol:,glad she's showing off her bonafides though. She's always been a good artist imo

So it can not be in General.

Yall in here discussing the Future. We far removed from the thread topic. It was one thing when dudes were calling out Beiber for being a racist when he was young again.

Why does it matter?

What is it hurting by being in General
Music related threads belong in the music forum.

Don't matter now though :lol: It's already in the music forum now.

How do we compare hey ma to starships and hotline bling? Hey ma was a rap song, they rapped the verses. Hotline is literally him harmonizing/singing the whole song. U serious? Its pop bruh no matter how u chop that **** up not that big of a deal. Dude is literally one of he biggest pop stars ever, let it be.

Don't know when/why it became popular to hate on Kendrick music lately but I've definitely noticed the tide turn :lol:. Some dudes swear by Future through and through yet call TPAB trash :lol:. Kinda suspect it has to do with all the critical acclaim/attention he's been getting.

I still mess with Hendrix btw...

Last edited:
Didn't feel Kendrick's album at all. That 'funky' sound is not my steez. Content and wordplay ain't enough sometimes.

Its definitely not for everyone but saying its trash makes it sound like he dropped a Tyga level album :lol:.

I'm a funk lover though tbh so I'm def biased *shrugs* :lol:

Last edited:
Kendricks album was trash, dont care how many nominations it got. Nothing was catchy, I dont hear ANYBODY bumping any songs. I know what he was trying to do but you dont do that after dropping Madd City.

Its definitely not for everyone but saying its trash makes it sound like he dropped a Tyga level album :lol:.

I'm a funk lover though tbh so I'm def biased *shrugs* :lol:

def not trash

but then again i grew up with a mother who loves george clinton

So now you're saying these artists aren't speaking English because you don't understand it aight man.

Speaking English, original composition, playing instruments, and enunciation is overrated in hip hop. 

:smh:

Will leave this here. Pretty much done trying to explain the appeal. It just ain't for everbody. That's cool. For those honestly curious about understanding the appeal, an open mind and willing to look beyond surface level criticism, peep this article. http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/future-artist-of-the-year-2015-essay

"Nonetheless, it's also been a year in which Future's music has continued to be misunderstood. He has remained an underdog of sorts, battling perceptions that his music is somehow shallow or just good for turning up. In hip-hop's never-ending push-and-pull debate between meaningless party music and music of substance, he's been cast, even by people who enjoy his music, as the latest alternative to ostensibly more thoughtful artists like J. Cole, Lupe Fiasco, and Kendrick Lamar. But the reason why this is Future's year is that his music has fully escaped that pigeonholing and hit a point where it consistently functions on multiple levels at once. One of the standout lines in the hook of “March Madness,” presumably the type of party song people think of when they reference Future that way, directly addresses one of the year's most discussed social and political issues: “all these cops shooting ****** tragic.” Yes, Future is getting people in the club to sing along to a line about police violence in 2015—not so unlke his supposed opposite Kendrick Lamar. And what is more honest than balancing politics and partying in the span of a few thoughts? We don't go through life choosing one or the other.

Future's music increasingly has come to hit these multiple registers in the same song, which means that even if it's not always as openly political as some of his peers', it has a deep impact. And there are obvious social critiques baked into it. On one very direct level, much of Future's music discusses self-medicating to handle emotional pain and, especially, the psychological toll of poverty, an issue that doesn't get much play in other forms of media. There's a reason Future sounds so jarring next to Drake, a guy who also makes emotionally open club hits: It speaks to a certain experience and perspective to rap “When I was sleeping on the floor you should have seen how they treat me / I pour the Actavis and pop pills so I can fight the demons.” That, too, is not so different from Kendrick Lamar, and, like Kendrick, who should be seen as a peer rather than an adversary, Future has demonstrated an ability to make those feelings resonate on a more universal level. Who hasn't felt lonely or overcome with grief or faced with emotions so daunting they've chosen to run away from them?[ /SPOILER ]

If you have rhythm, I don't know how you can call Kendrick's album trash. That **** is so damn funky. My only problem is I never want to hear random songs, I usually want to hear the full album.

Kendrick go platinum yet? dug the album. Wasn't as hard to listen to as people made it seem, and it's not the "classic" that people want to be.

At the end of they day, it's a good project and a very good sophomore album.

And we should know Hip Hop acts aren't eating off of their music. Remember looking at the Forbes list a few years ago and seeing Wale on their with a $5mil warning that year.

That wouldn't even register a blip with the pop acts.

Dirty Sprite 2 ain't eem gold yet :rofl:

Future never touching guys like J.Cole, Wale, or K.Dot. Hell, not even Schoolboy Q.

Future belongs at the table with Y.G. and the rest of the cats who got held back a grade, in school.

Back
Top Bottom