Highly considering moving. Vol. DMV to ATL

Alright bros, this subject maybe somewhat tired but help me out here. I'm HIGHLY considering moving to Atlanta from the DMV area. I grew up here, went to college here, it's starting to get old. Of course my first step is looking for a job in the A (currently a Sales Operations Assistant....I do spreadsheets and ****).

So what's the good and the bad about Atlanta that I should know about housing, job prospects, women, clubs, etc..etc.

For some reference, I'm 23, male, black, already have a car, and I'm saving up money now cuz I'm staying with my pops at the moment.

got back from there not too long ago and chopped it up with a few peeps.

Apparently most people that live within the loop are newcomers and people that are outside the loop been there for a while.

View media item 694686

do it if you can find something...

DC area is cool but entirely too expensive quality of life isnt that good unless you can live near a metro or its deal with traffic like nothing else...

I only lived in ATL for 4 years from 08-12 so many may have better answers and my only point of comparison is Cali but

The COL is great. Even in the more expensive areas of Midtown and Buckhead. Def cheaper than DC

The women are nice. ATL has its share of ratchets but plenty of non ratchets - college women in the AUC and Georgia St, transplants from all over including a lot of young alumni from SEC/ACC schools

The clubs are cool. You can do the all black thing, the mixed crowd, and the majority white. You can do the big club, the lounge/bar hybrid, and the dive bar. I haven't spent nearly as much time in DC as I did in ATL but I liked ATL's club scene more

The strip clubs are great. Top notch. Best in the country

do it if you can find something...

DC area is cool but entirely too expensive quality of life isnt that good unless you can live near a metro or its deal with traffic like nothing else...

This is my problem now.

1 bedrooms even in the burbs are starting at 1100 now, which is why I'm stayin at my pops crib. I feel like I'll never have a decent savings account here if I gotta pay rent.

I'm with you OP but I want to move somewhere where the cost of living is less. I plan on doing the move in 2014

Last edited:
This is my problem now.

1 bedrooms even in the burbs are starting at 1100 now, which is why I'm stayin at my pops crib. I feel like I'll never have a decent savings account here if I gotta pay rent.
Save you money bro, save at least a years worth of expenses, find a job, visit the area for at least a week or so. And prep yourself to move. DMV is far too expensive unless you got a good job.

Just please save and be responsible. Don't wanna have to come back

Last edited:
This is my problem now.

even if you ended up in the Atlanda, id grab a spot with a roommate just to put that much more cash away for the time being. you are young (geez i sound old saying that) so its not like its out the ordinary.

And I'm fine with that :lol:

I like DC, just don't like the cost of living and the winter weather.

Cost of living in ATL will mirror DC once the Beltline and 2 new stadiums are complete ,it will still probably be cheaper but they are trying to take ATL to the next level.

Any Atl heads know anyone that works at the airport?

What's the best area to live if you're working there without a crazy commute :nerd:

Any Atl heads know anyone that works at the airport?

What's the best area to live if you're working there without a crazy commute :nerd:

anywhere on the west and north, you will go against traffic. When I go from SMryna to Columbus for work sometimes I go straight down 285 and 85 with zero traffic

Cost of living in ATL will mirror DC once the Beltline and 2 new stadiums are complete ,it will still probably be cheaper but they are trying to take ATL to the next level.

Damb tru.

But ****, DC COL is still going up...rapidly, so I doubt it'll catch. I've watched apts in the burbs go up from 1200 to 1500 since 2011

Yeah I'll probably just do DMV a few more years then seek somewhere out where I can get more real estate for my money. Not that far south though, maybe Charlotte , Durham or even Hampton roads again.

Back
Top Bottom