Hindsight is 20/20, but imagine if Portland had drafted Kevin Durant?

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Portland needed a center more than another wing player.

QFT. During the draft, there was no doubt that KD was gonna be an incredible scorer, but Portland needed a center and I think Oden is a good fit. You can find a Kevin Durant almost every two years, and youd be lucky to find a Greg Oden every 10(maybe im reaching with this).
kwame-pic-lakers.jpg

If he wet to Portland, Im not sure how fast he would have developed & if he & B Roy would work out in the starting lineup. Not saying they definitlywouldn't, but it would take some time.

If they did & all went well, Roy, Durant, Aldridge would be a scary big 3...

I agree with Durant not even close to his potential though. He's playing real well in his 2nd year, but give him a couple more years, he's gonna do alot of damage.

i was happy portland took oden at the time. kd was who i wanted in the draft. now not so happy about it

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

LamarOwnsem wrote:

You can find
a Kevin Durant almost every two years, and youd be lucky to find a Greg Oden every 10(maybe im reaching with this).
laugh.gif
People are still saying this after what we've seen?

laugh.gif
Right. KD is a 6'10 two guard with inside/outside game. He was also one of the most dominate college players ever. Those players come every 2 yearsright?

Inmymind, way off topic but your boy KD has the nappiest hair I've ever seen
laugh.gif
. I've peeped that since he was at Montrose that _ need a brush in theworst way.

If we drafted durant we'd have a VERY nice big 3. kendrick perkins is proof all you need is a serviceable center, if you have 3 main scorers...

The way I see it, if they Durant, they dont Draft Batum cuz Durant would be a SF, and thus could have parlayed that pick into a big man or went after someonelike Brookl Lopez.

hypothetical Starting Lineup

Fernandez
Roy
Durant
Aldridge
lopez

that a good young nucleus. Imagine if the kept 20-10 zach randolph instead of useless %## Channing Frye. Hell didn't one of their picks end up as David Leeor Nate Robinson??? I dont really remember/.

Exactly. I think Portland should have drafed Lopez. With both of those young centers, they had plenty of options in terms or trades depending on productivity.I just see Oden as a high risk, high reward type player. He has the POTENTIAL to be a beast, but clearly it's not there yet. With Lopez in the mix they hadpotential to trade (either) of the young centers with a decent amount of trade value in order to get another piece to the blazer puzzle. Then again, I reallydon't think anyone believed Lopez would be as productive as he has been, so I can see why a lot of teams passed on him. But, again with Oden...only timewill tell with him. I hope he gets it together, because I love this young Blazer team.

when drafting players.. portland should now know that bigger isn't always better

Co-sign.

Imagine if LaMarcus Aldridge was an aggressive rebounder. How is your starting PF (who get 36+ minutes) gonna average less than 7 rbs? Brandon Roy grabs almostas many defensive rebounds as Aldridge... embarrassing.

Originally Posted by frontrunner4life

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif

Dude is nowhere close to scratching his potential

• Pts 23.9
  • Reb 6.2
  • Ast 2.4
nowhere close to scratching his potential? Is he gonna avg a triple double?

yeah i was thinking the samething. hes doing hes best right now just not from his teammates.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

If we drafted durant we'd have a VERY nice big 3. kendrick perkins is proof all you need is a serviceable center, if you have 3 main scorers...
Problem is if you look at history, the only team to win an NBA title (in the modern era) without having a good center (or dominant middlepresence) was the Bulls in the mid-90s. You need at least one formidable body in the middle, and some guys who can hold their ground when the main guy is onthe bench. The Blazers drafted Oden for the same reason they drafted Bowie in the '80s, they already had guards and forwards. People tend to forget thatPortland already had Clyde Drexler from the previous year so drafting Jordan wasn't going to help them...on paper.

stop dreaming and look at the reality at hand
Grizzlies forward Darius Miles, who signed a 10-day contract Saturday, made his 10th appearance of the season Friday, placing the remaining $18 million of his salary back on Portland's payroll. The Trail Blazers sent out an e-mail earlier this month warning of possible legal action against any team signing the free agent, but the Grizzlies signed Miles.
roll.gif

well, ray might not have gotten traded and rashard might not have left. maybe with oden in the middle they would have kept the 2 of them. then they'd beunder contract now and they'd still be better now.

Originally Posted by ExileUE

well, ray might not have gotten traded and rashard might not have left. maybe with oden in the middle they would have kept the 2 of them. then they'd be under contract now and they'd still be better now.
Rashard was gone no matter what.

Sadly, currently this is becoming just as much about "imagine if Portland had not drafted Oden" as it is "imagine if Portland had draftedDurant". Oden is borderline hot garbage and right now it looks like Durant isn't the only player they would've made a better choice with drafting.Hope Oden improves though.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by ExileUE

well, ray might not have gotten traded and rashard might not have left. maybe with oden in the middle they would have kept the 2 of them. then they'd be under contract now and they'd still be better now.
Rashard was gone no matter what.

he probably was but i'm sure drafting someone who plays the same position as him and trading away ray to start rebuilding didn't help anything either.i'm pretty sure he would have left anyway, but just for arguements sake

QFT. During the draft, there was no doubt that KD was gonna be an incredible scorer, but Portland needed a center and I think Oden is a good fit. You can find a Kevin Durant almost every two years, and youd be lucky to find a Greg Oden every 10(maybe im reaching with this).
3fe25fcedc52f50a2f64a6e9de7a246ea021a33.gif

Back
Top Bottom