Hinge Takeover >>> Tinder, Bumble Pof

How long ya'll let the communication run quiet for? Met this chick on the app months ago, we texted but it faded after we couldn't figure out a time to meet up. Few weeks ago, we pass each other in the city (I didn't realize it was her) and she texts me later that night that "Sorry I didn't say anything when we saw each other" and then we start chatting via text/phone over the next couple weeks. Took her out last week to sushi, had a good time laughing etc, made out when I dropped her off, and then went on my way. Texted a little more the day or 2 afterwards, but now its dead (no texts since Monday).

So... she gone? Should I keep reaching out? She did have a family member pass away earlier this week so I understand part of the lack of communication, but also not trying to hound her if she's not interested.

So... she gone? Should I keep reaching out? She did have a family member pass away earlier this week so I understand part of the lack of communication, but also not trying to hound her if she's not interested.

If I'm feeling someone I'll be the first to reach out for the first few dates. This "who reaches out first" silence games are a headache. Depending on age, some girls are just hella shy.

If you see she never reaches out first, then find someone else to talk to at the same time. If she's feeling you she'll eventually reach out.

Wouldnt hurt to ask her how she's holding up after the passing now though.

Yea. Just hit her up with sorry about such and such passing. Take comfort in knowing they're in a better place.

I did respond with something like "I'm sorry for your loss. Let me know if you need anything" and she said "thanks I appreciate that" but then haven't heard from her in 4-5 days.

I asked a couple of birds at work I'm cool with, and they both were like "I dont respond to anyone under a week" and that had me like... wtf? If someone doesn't respond within a week, I consider it dead.

I did respond with something like "I'm sorry for your loss. Let me know if you need anything" and she said "thanks I appreciate that" but then haven't heard from her in 4-5 days.

I asked a couple of birds at work I'm cool with, and they both were like "I dont respond to anyone under a week" and that had me like... wtf? If someone doesn't respond within a week, I consider it dead.

OVER A WEEK? what kind of diabolic mindgames are these goofy birds trynna play? no one who is interested in dating me should take 7-10 business days to respond to my text :smh: i'm not needy but short of losing a loved one or being abducted by aliens, no one's so busy that they can't respond within 3-4 days if there's some interest. a few years ago i was seeing a woman who was studying for her board exams early on during our dating. if she could hit me back within 48 hours, then there's no reason someone with a less demanding career can't respond in a reasonable amount of time.

with your current situation, i would definitely give her her space given the recent passing. depending on her closeness to the person, it might feel weird for her to be dating while mourning/grieving. don't take any of it personal and hit her up next week about getting together for something that's easy and a low lift for her.

Do side pieces know that they are side pieces or think they are the main?
Would there ever be a scenairo where you would tell them they are the side?
I'm sure some know, but don't care?

Just trying to understand my friend... people can make their own choices, but I'm friends with his main. When we go out (guys night), the side piece is always around and in a way I guess I indirectly support his decisions cause I don't say anything. He's got a good life, dude could loose half his stuff for some side (if main finds out). I should probably ask him straight out what his end goal is.
One of my mans is doing the same thing too…he’s married but yo started smashing this joint at work, him and the side be going out on dates n **** now and he planning to bring shorty on a outta town guys trip :lol: :smh: …It’s starting to get outta hand but he’s a a grown man and all I could tell him was “be careful”

I feel like the risk of getting caught is adding to the excitement cuz my dawg be cutting it a lil too close juggling his 2 ladies imo

One of my mans is doing the same thing too…he’s married but yo started smashing this joint at work, him and the side be going out on dates n **** now and he planning to bring shorty on a outta town guys trip :lol: :smh: …It’s starting to get outta hand but he’s a a grown man and all I could tell him was “be careful”

I feel like the risk of getting caught is adding to the excitement cuz my dawg be cutting it a lil too close juggling his 2 ladies imo

nah…bro wylin

Why even get married. I don't understand dudes.

I'm only marrying someone if I 100% respect them. Cheating is basically saying you've lost respect for that person.

i hear you…but i don’t think either gender is necessarily naturally monogamous, men tend to be as faithful as their options, and while women do have more options women are also pickier & have way more negative consequences for cheating/promiscuity…cheating isn’t always commentary on/related to the relationship

Last edited:

I'm only marrying someone if I 100% respect them. Cheating is basically saying you've lost respect for that person.
Yea it should be simple as stay single or treat your wife right but like tokes99 tokes99 said a wedding doesn’t magically change a person or turn off their sex drive for other ppl, plus things change over time some couples lose the spark or don’t even have sex like that anymore after a while…And you can still have love for your wife but play around outside, it’s all complicated but I just want the homie to move with more discretion and be strategic bout how yo creeping cuz he be having the rest of us involved in his bs

Yea it should be simple as stay single or treat your wife right but like tokes99 tokes99 said a wedding doesn’t magically change a person or turn off their sex drive for other ppl, plus things change over time some couples lose the spark or don’t even have sex like that anymore after a while…And you can still have love for your wife but play around outside, it’s all complicated but I just want the homie to move with more discretion and be strategic bout how yo creeping cuz he be having the rest of us involved in his bs

seriously…he’s moving mad, going a trip w/#thahomies w/the side…because if he doesn’t have an understanding with his ol’ lady thenthat’s just reckless; he trying to get caught. y’all need to have an intervention/sit down w/bruv…

I had a response for this but EYE am not falling for that trap again

Funny reading this post cause one of my mans was just talking about being serious with his girl and them copping a crib together then shortly after bro scooped the waitress's number :lol:

Funny reading this post cause one of my mans was just talking about being serious with his girl and them copping a crib together then shortly after bro scooped the waitress's number :lol:
1699696951734.jpeg

FO3OWkYXwBQDxw7.jpg:large

Never understood wanting the headache of cheating, it's not hard to find women who will share you, there's a surprising amount of them

Never understood wanting the headache of cheating, it's not hard to find women who will share you, there's a surprising amount of them

🤔 yea you're not wrong but of that subset, how many would actually make for good/suitable main/wife? keeping it all the way factual while these women exist, they are the vast minority; when it comes to a serious relationship most women ain't going 😂...then there's the ting where most don't go into relationships thinking they are going be a cheat

Aside from the obvious have your cake and eat it to. Some people enjoy the challenge/issues that come with it. Like when some complain about people blowing up their phone or trying to monopolize their time but don't block them/dead it.

If a chick only wants to smash and isn't chasing behind them it doesn't hit the same.

🤔, how many would actually make for good/suitable main/wife? keeping it all the way factual while these women exist, they are the vast minority;

Probably the same amount guys would make a good/suitable husband. :lol:

The thing is a lot of people aren't looking for an actual relationships they only want the benefits/convenience that come a long with it. Similar to the way some want the traditional benefits of a marriage etc but not sacrifice, effort and work that comes with it.

Last edited:
I was reflecting on it while coming back from China and if a woman really rocks with you, it’s not all about the fancy dates. The past few women I have dated and could have married, it’s always been going to these flashy restaurants and speakeasies to start, which have been great. But then after a point they are like “Bruh…can we just do something regular?” which I think is to prove you can be a good husband or even father.

Today shorty had me at Whole Foods, J Crew and Lululemon today AFTER FLYING IN FROM CHINA :smh:

But the crazier part, she officially invited me over to her family’s Thanksgiving week/weekend. I didn’t even have a chance to say yes or no before her moms sent me a group email (not chat but literally an email chain) inviting me to the festivities and I had all sorts of family members replying saying they look forward to meeting me :wow:
1699753144868.gif

I met her bro and brother-in-law before and they are cool dudes that rock with me because we were lowkey on some Disgusting Bros **** but I’m bout to meet the sisters, moms and pops which is the true litmus test.

Not going to lie - I am feeling flustered out here. I think my company wants me to ultimately build and grow our international business. I am also fairly certain she is not moving overseas for the sake of my career and I personally would feel terrible putting a significant other and/or child (plus a puppy) living in the US through that. But the other part of me knows when those bonuses, restricted stock units and stock options hit when that happens
1699754031535.gif

I am legit just tired at the moment, man. I went and spoke at 10 conferences and 27 universities/colleges in the past 2 months then had these board and international government meetings followed by shopping visits :lol:

They had me out here working, on flights and doing two a days like I was Stephen A Smith! I just wanted to rest over Thanksgiving week before the end of year stretch and get back to focusing on running my business unit but now it’s about to be a whole final exam on Thanksgiving dinner. Also, if I am understanding correctly, I am about to be doing a got damb turkey trot too!

The balance between a career woman and house wife as I have advanced through my career is too much to handle. I know I should know better but ****, man :lol:

Ok NT.... I downloaded hinge a few weeks ago and met this really dope Dominican chick . She seems cool AF, has her own place, own ride, good job and 2 kids ..

She's got the total package as far as looks is concerned, and I'm digging her aura so far.. she has 2 kids, I have 3 so I'm not picky on that. Plus I don't want any more right now ..

We had a dope dinner and really clicked. I was on tinder for months and didn't get any luck. This was damn near instantaneous.. 😂

She seems cool and will continue to see her for the foreseeable future .. our first date went really well.... It'll be up to me to **** it up

Back
Top Bottom