Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 3/16/08 ...UPDATE

Originally Posted by KING G703

1b926a917b073d15898cb1eb133d1fc2c303b61b.pjpg

FROM 1SWAG.COM

laugh.gif
so fat joe what do you have to say now? moving 250,000 huh? hopeyou kept your receipt maybe you can get your $ back!

Yo what's good with that Now 80's thing.

I need me some 80's music that isn't rap.

I get tired of always listening to rap everyday.

I need to mix it up a bit.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

joe did that bad, what was his first week last lp?

Roughly 60k I THINK. Man he took a MAJOR L, But I'm sure he got mad ringtone $ from that I Wont Tell song. I dont know where he goes from here thoughthose numbers are beyond terrible.

I expected Joe to do atleast 50k first week.

And the album was wack, so he'll be lucky if he reaches 100k.

According to early reports (Soundscan numbers will only be published tomorrow),

Rick Ross could take the #1 spot with close to 190,000 sales

while Snoop Dogg's Ego Trippin is estimated at 130,000+ sales.

Fat Joe could be far behind with an estimated 50,000 sales.
Check back tomorrow for the exact numbers.

from hip hop game.
eek.gif
@ Ross' numbers

I cant wait to see how Flo-Rida does next week, I dont really like him, but I'm expecting him to do major numbers, cause both of his singles are huge hits.best selling song on itunes of all time? dude is doin his thing, even tho I dont think he's that good I cant hate. I think he'll def. go platinum, notin tha 1st week of course, but over time

i know 50 and papoose are some where smiling and remy too

Rat joe gonna be like "oh u know lime wire and napster is the only thing hold me back i won't tell is number 9 inthe country u can't stop me "

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

i know 50 and papoose are some where smiling and remy too

Rat joe gonna be like "oh u know lime wire and napster is the only thing hold me back i won't tell number 9 in the country u can't stop me "

yeah but Remy and Pap have noooooooo room to be
laugh.gif
@ all.

^indie labels dont ship nearly half as much as majors do... thats why jones couldnt go gold he was stuck around 390k. i never ever heard a indie label shippinga million copies total. even when cube went gold that was after awhile they had to reprint and send out. rick and snoop have like 10 slots each in best buy joelike 1 or 2 cds left. trust me i checked 2 days ago there.

ricky and snoop make $.75-maybe $1.50 a record.. joe $7.x50k. = $350,000 first week album cost him probably not even $50k to make. comn man.

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

^indie labels dont ship nearly half as much as majors do... thats why jones couldnt go gold he was stuck around 390k. i never ever heard a indie label shipping a million copies total. even when cube went gold that was after awhile they had to reprint and send out. rick and snoop have like 10 slots each in best buy joe like 1 or 2 cds left. trust me i checked 2 days ago there.

ricky and snoop make $.75-maybe $1.50 a record.. joe $7.x50k. = $350,000 first week album cost him probably not even $50k to make. comn man.

smh...f outta here with those Cam figures...dudes ain't making $7 a record when they selling for $10

I'm really shocked that Rick Ross sold like that, I didn't know homie had fans like that.

Back
Top Bottom