Hipsters Unappreciation

it sounds like alot of you feel like your being looked down upon by hipsters
maybe its all in your head

and lets be honest...any group of people can be made fun of. Lets not forget when Giuliani was in office folks were saying the same things about "nativeNYers".
and Puerto Ricans in NY arent funny? What about brothas who rock timbs in the summer time? thats not funny either?

There are hipsters on Nostrand Ave?! Wow....

But I have a question. I'm sure some people in this thread know about The BK Circus. Now, didn't they start off as a Streetwear themed store? And havenow done a complete turn-around into a hipster/vintage type store? Plus the fact that they've expanded to Chicago and SF, where a lot of the hipsterpopulation is growing...do you all feel like they sold out?

Originally Posted by NYelectric

They're still awful.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Just about makes me hate the ride home on the L train towards 14th after hitting up Public Assembly or Sea.
ohwell.gif

But whatever, to each his own.
tired.gif

i feel like the "hipster culture" is more pop culture now and everyone is getting with the trend now because its trendy to be a hipster

i really hate the ones in LA, they ride on their "fix it" bikes. and they don't even ride because they enjoy it as a sport. they do it as afashion statement. they have these night riders events where they ride like 100 deep on the street. !!$$ is really annoying. makes me not even want to wearkicks, ride a bike, etc.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

i really hate the ones in LA, they ride on their "fix it" bikes. and they don't even ride because they enjoy it as a sport. they do it as a fashion statement. they have these night riders events where they ride like 100 deep on the street. !!$$ is really annoying. makes me not even want to wear kicks, ride a bike, etc.

i almost hit one of those suckers on the way to the club one time hahahaha

Number one definition on urbandictionary.com:

Listens to bands that you have never heard of. Has hairstyle that can only be described as "complicated." (Most likely achieved by a minimum of oneweek not washing it.) Probably tattooed. Maybe gay. Definitely cooler than you. Reads Black Book, Nylon, and the Styles section of the New York Times. DrinksPabst Blue Ribbon. Often. Complains. Always denies being a hipster. Hates the word. Probably living off parents money - and spends a great deal of it to looklike they don't have any. Has friends and/or self cut hair. Dyes it frequently (black, white-blonde, etc. and until scalp bleeds). Has a closet full ofclothing but usually wears same three things OVER AND OVER (most likely very tight black pants, scarf, and ironic tee-shirt). Chips off nail polish artfullyafter $50 manicure. Sleeps with everyone and talks about it at great volume in crowded coffee shops. Addicted to coffee, cigarettes (Parliaments, Kamel Reds,Lucky Strikes, etc.), and possibly cocaine. Claims to be in a band. Rehearsals consist of choosing outfits for next show and drinking PBR. Always on the list.Majors or majored in art, writing, or !@$## studies. Name-drops. May go by "Penny Lane," "Eleanor Rigby," etc. when drunk. On PBR. Which isusually.

sooo true
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom