hmm seriously why don't we call nike's 1800 # about da jumpman on retros?

It's 2008 already... just get over it and move on...

Most people that complain about this are people that never even had an OG pair with a Nike Swoop on'em.

Not saying you didn't but still you all get the point.

Nike Swoop or not the Black Red IV's will sell out.... PERIOD

you are a NTer and don't even know what a SWOOSH is?
smh.gif

i might call if it'll help some NTers out, to be honest, the jumpman ain't really a big deal to me.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

Originally Posted by kingk777

Economics....

Niketalk= Very minimal % of consumer base, therefore,
General Public=Extremely large % of consumer base,

Thus, since the general public just wants to appear "fly",
Nike Air is a less than futile bargaining chip.

I truly love Nike Air,
Yet I sincerely believe that the Moc-Bob Marley, Obama-esque
Threads urging Niketalk to "Make A Change",
Are infantile. I don't care who's "got love" or who's "been in the game", or
"been loyal to Jordan Brand"
If you really had love, you'd have the OGs, simple as that.
I'm speaking from experience.

Let's not kid ourselves,
if a certain shoe means that much to you,
you can't expect it to be handed to you.....
Especially On the proverbial silver GR platter.

Contrary to popular belief, there are OG's out there.
They're available.
They're prized for a reason.
Niketalkers aren't guaranteed rights to these shoes
Just because they sit around and talk about them.
There are 100,000 regular guys for every 1 niketalker who had/wanted Nike Air growing up.
Ovecourse they're going to be scarce nowadays!

Don't dump your dissatisfaction with yourselves onto JB....
That's just bad form.

That will be all,
Regards.

methodman said it best...they don't reward our loyality...they TEST it with crap like this....

this is madness.........seriously..when is da breaking point?
smh.gif

OG's can't be worn anymore....99 retros are slowly becomin unwearable as well.....I DONT WANT A DAMN JUMPMAN ON MY SACRED BLACK AND RED IV's........and from that katrina auction it looks like when they retro em they'll use da modern molds....

0_0 Dear God...are they really Dropping those
eek.gif

My god JB...that literally made me sad
frown.gif

Throwin in da towel means u at da mercy of whateva nike does......us cryin bout da infrared's being destroyed is what got em changed...da wings on IV'sgot improved cuz of us, etc....

I cop nike retros all da time, and its becomin a consistant thing being outshined by da nike counterparts.....most of da retro jordans would suffer from paintcrackin midsoles if ever balled in....vs something like a flightposite I retro or a CB34 godzilla that's basically still able to ball wit. And they rarelychanged up......some exceptions (tech challenge)

I'm tired of gettin short changed......

Let us start the greatest Sneaker Revolution known to Man! haha, great idea but until a Niketalker becomes CEO of Nike, which by the statements made by manythat show lack of education, it could be some time. In the mean time, I suppose I will be grateful enough that we're getting OG colors at all, and damn ifI see those plaid Fusion again I'm gonna frazz out. I know they're ugly, annoying, and you couldn't even wear em' on Easter, but it's thefact that people keep quoting and reshowing them. Alot of people need to understand that those types of products are not for NT, but the general consumer, alotof people would "wile" out about those, but back to Nike Air. Again, like the operator stated, if the General Public still buys them with theJumpman, then Nike's gonna slap that on. No way could all of us honestly boycott and say "NO! I will not go and buy those Carmines or Black/Red 4sbecause of their shape or the Jumpman," and let them sit on the shelves and pass up an opportunity I've waited 17 and almost 10 years for.

Champion...just FYI...

There will not be ANY retro's after the packs drop for THREE years. Soooooo....

With ALL the packs being final and either IN Production or READY for Production, this could be futile to work on ANY of the Packs coming out...

Try this in about 3 years to get true impact.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Champion...just FYI...

With ALL the packs being final and either IN Production or READY for Production, this could be futile to work on ANY of the Packs coming out...

3 years huh.....as soon as they see that carrying da brand just on team shoes fails they'll bring em back to milk some more....but i hear what u sayinrock...i dunno how we let it get this fat...i remember when i saw da white and navy IV's nearly a decade ago and wondered what da hell was nike doingraping da IV's like that.......and it kept on happenin.....
tired.gif

I'll try to make a few calls, but JB is pretty stubborn about using the "Nike Air" logo so I can't help but think how much of an impact thesecalls will make or if they will even reach JB...

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I coulda swore Gentry said he respects OG collectors and won't put Nike Air back on J's.
That's because Gentry is an OG collector.

We'll probably see Nike Air on Air Jordans again... when we do however the shoes will be limited ($$$) and probably poorly made as well.

Protest phone calls would usually make sense... but these days *JB* don't make sense... they're out of touch, and it's debatable if they'reactually listening to their customers at all.

"Your credibility would skyrocket if you used proper English."

Fundamentals of change
laugh.gif

Knowledge is power.
pimp.gif

The thing is....
Niketalk = Customers.
The people at Nike/JB are the ones who DICTATE,
Yes, dictate what releases.
Do you know why they can do this?
Well....they OWN the company.
Keyword , Company!

Let's look at an example.
I'll stoop a little so all of you get it.
Say you own a lemonade stand.
Ala Jordan Brand, you find immense success with
With your first mix.
We'll refer to it as Nike Air Lemonade.
Now, after a decade or so in the lemonade business,
You decide to start being more cost effective,
And also to use a new mix.
This new mix sells just as good, if not better.
The majority of people, excluding some
nerd.gif
Sneaker nerds,
Love it.
The Majority, could care less about which mix they recieve,
As long as it "does the job". (Meaning in our context "As long as it's fly")
The Majority would most likely also love the 1st mix (Nike Air) to make a reappearence as well.
They don't care either way.
So tell me this Niketalk,
If your company's stock is doing so well, why would you give up your highest bargaining chip?!
Why not wait until your COMPANY sees some sort of decline?
Why not "hold out"?

Believe it or not....the world does not bow at Niketalk's every whim.
Maybe some of your families will change things to your exact specifications,
And maybe there was in fact a time when Jordan Brand felt it neccessary to listen
to their customers in order to build more of a financial base, I.E the Wings on the IV's.
Although I'm still not sold on the idea that JB actually did this for you "loyal customers"....
But that is neither here or there....

If you guys can do such a "whiz bang" job up at Nike,
Why aren't you working there?
You should truly "do something about it"
That's what schools are for
wink.gif

grin.gif
i just don't understand why create great retros from VII and up andthen completely rape VI and down....

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Champion...just FYI...

3 years????

when did this happen......
ohwell.gif

why 3 years?

I can never resist opening up one of these threads where someone sounds a call to action about the social injustice and threat to Western civilization posed byJB's failure to maintain the purity and integrity of the sacred OG. Makes me want to go down to the basement and jump.

It's kind of like when a whale or seal or other sea creature strands itself in shallow water, and it draws a crowd of onlookers who are filled with a mixof curiosity, sympathy, and anxiety.

They are sneakers. Just sneakers.

Originally Posted by tek9pnda

I def feel what Hood is sayin. I dont mind the Jumpman, it the banana shape that kills me.

I hate the shape of the new Retros also. But still, JB doesn't care about any individual's demands...it's all about what's bringin'them money...that's how businesses are run. And right now, the Jumpman is rakin' in the funds.

Back
Top Bottom