Hmmmm....Just thinking this good be something good, kind remind of the old days!

Im 27 bout to be 28, 80's baby so i was kinda at the beginning of the Jordan shoe era. But i do remember there were times that Jordans didnt sell out onrelease date and actually went on sale and im starting to see that trend again and i know most of it has to do with the economy. The Hare 1's sold kind ofslow which is the beginning of the trend along with Raging Bull package, which were both kind of overhyped to me. Now its the Nubuck XII's which is one ofmy faviorite of all time cuz they "subtle but sexy" and i was sure the were going to sell out especially with them being an online release the firsttime around. With that said, this actually could be go for us in the long run, we could actually get some good deals and when the economy picks back up, therewill be a lot of people who will be trying to purchase what they missed, so values will definitely be back up, What cha think?

Its hard for a GR release shoe to "sell out". Especially when people wait for it to go on sale even if its a hot shoe. Wait till the Spacejams dropthey will most definately sell out. Dont get coaught slippin waitin for these to go on sale cause they wont. I dont have the patience to wait till shoes hitsales racks. Why take the chance of it not going on sale and u miss out. Kinda dumb. I need my kicks ASAP i dont mind payin retail or over one bit.

i member those days. going to the store week after week and seeing all the shoes i couldnt get cuz i had no cash.

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Its hard for a GR release shoe to "sell out". Especially when people wait for it to go on sale even if its a hot shoe. Wait till the Spacejams drop they will most definately sell out. Dont get coaught slippin waitin for these to go on sale cause they wont. I dont have the patience to wait till shoes hit sales racks. Why take the chance of it not going on sale and u miss out. Kinda dumb. I need my kicks ASAP i dont mind payin retail or over one bit.
^^^^ Cosign please don't get caught slippin wit dem Spacejam my nig cuz u won't get em

Originally Posted by BradNSU

Its hard for a GR release shoe to "sell out". Especially when people wait for it to go on sale even if its a hot shoe. Wait till the Spacejams drop they will most definately sell out. Dont get coaught slippin waitin for these to go on sale cause they wont. I dont have the patience to wait till shoes hit sales racks. Why take the chance of it not going on sale and u miss out. Kinda dumb. I need my kicks ASAP i dont mind payin retail or over one bit.
^^^^ Cosign please don't get caught slippin wit dem Spacejam my nig cuz u won't get em
Stop hyping a shoe that is 6 months away from coming out...

That's what happens when you release 2 to 6 shoes every Saturday for over a year !

Over-saturation !

They need to go back to doing 2 drops a year with 2 different colorways at each drop, or 1 drop a month.

Originally Posted by hanhaze502

That's what happens when you release 2 to 6 shoes every Saturday for over a year !

Over-saturation !

They need to go back to doing 2 drops a year with 2 different colorways at each drop, or 1 drop a month.

yup

Over-saturation !

true

too much going on with fusion and team and number too much sneakers for people to pick from they have to cut down on team and fusion so the other shoes couldstand out more like before

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

Originally Posted by BradNSU

Stop hyping a shoe that is 6 months away from coming out...

amen. a piece of trash shoe at that.

It's not about "over-saturation"... This was a GENERAL RELEASE. So were the 2009's. That is why they didn't sell out. It's like youguys need a one-hour sellout to validate your shoe purchases. Buy what YOU want; quit being hypebeasts.

And I think it's funny for all the guys waiting for sales prices for shoes. If you're trying to save money, quit buying Jordans! Don't hate oneveryone else because they paid retail. You will get caught slippin one day trying to wait out retail prices, so watch yourselves. I personally have no problempaying retail on shoes I want. But what I don't do is claim a shoe is trash and then wait for it to be "$79" before I cop.
roll.gif
at the brokehaters.

Over-saturation !

There is so much truth in this.
Preach on!

too much going on with fusion and team and number too much sneakers for people to pick from they have to cut down on team and fusion so the other shoes couldstand out more like before

Cosign, plus the fusions are terrible

Originally Posted by bdub253

It's not about "over-saturation"... This was a GENERAL RELEASE. So were the 2009's. That is why they didn't sell out. It's like you guys need a one-hour sellout to validate your shoe purchases. Buy what YOU want; quit being hypebeasts.

And I think it's funny for all the guys waiting for sales prices for shoes. If you're trying to save money, quit buying Jordans! Don't hate on everyone else because they paid retail. You will get caught slippin one day trying to wait out retail prices, so watch yourselves. I personally have no problem paying retail on shoes I want. But what I don't do is claim a shoe is trash and then wait for it to be "$79" before I cop.
roll.gif
at the broke haters.
Wow. Greatest post on NT for a while.

Originally Posted by bdub253

It's not about "over-saturation"... This was a GENERAL RELEASE. So were the 2009's. That is why they didn't sell out. It's like you guys need a one-hour sellout to validate your shoe purchases. Buy what YOU want; quit being hypebeasts.

And I think it's funny for all the guys waiting for sales prices for shoes. If you're trying to save money, quit buying Jordans! Don't hate on everyone else because they paid retail. You will get caught slippin one day trying to wait out retail prices, so watch yourselves. I personally have no problem paying retail on shoes I want. But what I don't do is claim a shoe is trash and then wait for it to be "$79" before I cop.
roll.gif
at the broke haters.

No one is complaining that they have to pay retail, and it IS ABOUT OVER-SATURATION. I'm not sure where you have been the past few , but JB has beenreleasing at least 2 to 6 pair a week on average (give or take) for over the last year.

This thread was not started based on one model, dude is talking about how easy it is to cop now a days compared to before. And to even bring up the 2009'sis pure comedy when we all know that the last relevant jordan to be released was the 23 !

If you don't believe over-saturation is a problem now-a-days when it comes to jordan brand then you need to open your eyes or check the release dateschedule !

And as far as you calling someone a hypebeast, dude im 31 years old, i was wearing the og's before your mom and pops even thought about the mistake whichlater became you !

And as far as you calling someone a hypebeast, dude im 31 years old, i was wearing the og's before your mom and pops even thought about the mistake which later became you !
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm just gonna continue copping jordans on release date, I don't have patience to see it on sale racks either

Its definitely over-saturated. Im 34 and remember waiting for those Superbowl commercials just to see the new Jordan commercial, so I could get a good peek atthe new Jays. Then goin to cop and there would b two colorways. Now, its a mess. I have 2 cop on release day or not too many days after cause stores only get 1or 2 in my sz 13.

Mix of things:

Rising production costs, recession, over-saturation of products, reduced quality, lack of anything special, greed.

Back
Top Bottom