HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

That's why I buy a million pairs of the ones I love when they DO drop. And then you make fun of me for it :lol:
I make fun of you because you crack me up...however, you are smarter than the average bear. :lol:

Maybe they will release some cool grey snakeskin shorts for these. lol

I make fun of you because you crack me up...however, you are smarter than the average bear. :lol:

Maybe they will release some cool grey snakeskin shorts for these. lol

:lol: I know. I'm going to make my own shorts; I'll run out later and try to find a gray plastic tablecloth as the base material LOL
Funny you joke about that, though. I just pulled out a DS pair of the navy snakes the other day and thought to myself, whoa, these sure are a lot brighter than the pair I've worn at various times during the past 2+ years LOL. I'm still not ready to retire the worn pair and swap it out for a DS one, though.
One other thing I noticed on my two DS pairs of navys: The outsole has started to get a bit of that old yellowing around the pods, like on the 2011-era XI retros. It's the only "modern" XI model I have that is doing this. My DS Concords and SJs show no sign of it. Makes me wonder what's different on the navy snakes.

If they look like the last pics above, they will look better than the last release for sure. I will try for a pair for sure.

Imo CG 11 2nd best colorway too blk n red joints ppl went krazy back 01 Nola I remember they broke the gates at both ftl n plaza mall

The point is he’s giving his opinion, which while a trash opinion, should still be appreciated to a certain extent.
I'm all for opinions but he really didn't state why he doesn't like them. Could've added something to make us understand his reasoning.

my sj's are def starting to show yellow. i havent worn them that much.
Do u clean soles right after every wear ? I clean my soles on every shoe I wear soon I take off same day lil OCD but all my kicks look ds tooth brush soap baby depends how often u wear but my 11’s icy and I definitely wore over dozen times

:lol: I know. I'm going to make my own shorts; I'll run out later and try to find a gray plastic tablecloth as the base material LOL
:rofl:

Funny you joke about that, though. I just pulled out a DS pair of the navy snakes the other day and thought to myself, whoa, these sure are a lot brighter than the pair I've worn at various times during the past 2+ years LOL. I'm still not ready to retire the worn pair and swap it out for a DS one, though.
One other thing I noticed on my two DS pairs of navys: The outsole has started to get a bit of that old yellowing around the pods, like on the 2011-era XI retros. It's the only "modern" XI model I have that is doing this. My DS Concords and SJs show no sign of it. Makes me wonder what's different on the navy snakes.
You gotta run that first pair into the ground, then the next pair will start out as your house slippers.

Yeah, my old Concord’s had that yellowing around the pods. I guess they reverted back to similar materials for the snakeskin lows. Very interesting. Any squeaking?

You gotta run that first pair into the ground, then the next pair will start out as your house slippers.

Yeah, my old Concord’s had that yellowing around the pods. I guess they reverted back to similar materials for the snakeskin lows. Very interesting. Any squeaking?
My 2019 Bred 11s squeak like hell. Idk how to stop it

My 2019 Bred 11s squeak like hell. Idk how to stop it

Yeah, the navys are well-worn at this point. They began to squeak awhile back, but it took a fair amount of time before it got to the point that I didn't want to wear them anymore. Once it got to that point about two months ago, I took out the insoles and sprayed a little WD40 into the two little holes in the strobel just to see what would happen (and as someone on NT recommended) and it actually eliminated most of the squeaking. I only sprayed quick little shots of it DIRECTLY into the holes using the red straw thingy that comes with the can ... I've seen at least one guy on YouTube take out the insole and then spray the WD40 like a madman all over the strobel, soaking it with the stuff. I would not do that, for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:
I'm all for opinions but he really didn't state why he doesn't like them. Could've added something to make us understand his reasoning.
Are we looking at the same pics? The dirt tan grey upper and then the blue sole. I’m sorry but these don’t look good. But like I’ve stated I was never a fan of this colorway. They would look better with the lower patent leather cut as well. I think the high cut suits the SJs/Breds/Concords.

Are we looking at the same pics? The dirt tan grey upper and then the blue sole. I’m sorry but these don’t look good. But like I’ve stated I was never a fan of this colorway. They would look better with the lower patent leather cut as well. I think the high cut suits the SJs/Breds/Concords.

Those recent pics display a respectable patent height. Any lower is too low. Let’s wait to see official pics and in hand photos in authentic lighting to dispute over the color of the upper. There are too many examples of early pics and first looks being off in shade, due to lighting or other factors.

Lastly, I’ll agree somewhat with that blue tint. Why use that nowadays? A little cloudy/Grey/yellow is appreciated at this point.

Curious how the shoebox will look? Haven’t seen any pics
1627687645746.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom