HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Ya it’s the eBay “top star” thing. Basically if you've spent enough on shoes on ebay you get access to certain shoes at retail every quarter.. And while it’s not a 100% guarantee, every time i’ve used it i’ve been able to purchase the shoes that I wanted for retail price. Will be going for the cool grays tomorrow. 🤞

Nice. How much spend are we talking about being required?

Ya it’s the eBay “top star” thing. Basically if you've spent enough on shoes on ebay you get access to certain shoes at retail every quarter.. And while it’s not a 100% guarantee, every time i’ve used it i’ve been able to purchase the shoes that I wanted for retail price. Will be going for the cool grays tomorrow. 🤞
Dang. How much $$ you gotta spend to be in that group? I’ve spent around $1.1k on eBay kicks.

This is a lie

Idk that’s the way i understood it. I’ve gotten access every single quarter for the last two years ish. Was able to purchase shoes every time i’ve tried. And I haven’t even bought hardly any shoes this year. I would estimate i’ve bought at least 40-50 pairs of shoes on eBay in the last 5 years roughly.
I was saying the part about spending a certain amount gets you into the program is a lie. That part. Congrats that you got lucky though.

60D88A31-DFD8-4B11-A82D-0F848B517DFF.jpeg

okay, i haven't bought shoes from eBay since like '08. And now that StockX puts fakes through I may go the eBay route.

Are you telling me eBay's authentication process is way better than StockX's? What about GOAT, etc?

Can owners of this shoe tell about the fit? Or compare it to the blk/red XI from 2012. I'm an 8 and I bought the 2012 BLk/rd XI in a size 8 and it was tight. Had to take the insole out if I planned on wearing all day. Should I get an 8.5 in these, or will an 8 suffice?

Nobody really knows who’s Authenticators are better.

IMO the best thing about eBay is you get to see the actual shoe you’re buying (unless the seller is D-bag). Obviously with StockX and Goat you’re buying blind except for used on Goat. It can also be nice that you can see the seller profile and feedback on eBay. Check for red flags or get peace of mind they’re legit. Also seems like eBay can save a dollar or two - sometimes.

The biggest downside with ebay IMO is they use robots, monkeys, and dumbarses for customer support. So if there’s an issue, good luck. You can’t contact the seller, it’s blocked. I heard StockX support is trash but idk myself. Not sure about Foot Locker, I mean Goat

In summary, I hate them all

Back
Top Bottom