HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Just got back from picking up me and my son’s pair. Only needed 2 pair out of the million so the rest of you guys should be good 😂

4806274B-0C0D-4C2D-89AC-0163149889EA.jpeg

Whiffed on these and am somewhat surprised.

Its aight though, the passion for the 11 is somewhat died down for me. As a kid I wanted them so bad because they were the shiny shoes. Now I find myself wearing more 1s, 4s, and especially 3s. They just look better.

all good on these as well as I still have win 82 & 96, concords, and playoffs 11 on hand so I got my boss a sz 13 on this as my thank you to him, as because he hired me I have a job, as no one hired me full time at all the 2 years I was searching, and he did so I am eternally grateful for that.

Hardest Holiday 11 release since the early 2010's in my opinion. There's no way that it's a million pairs going around right now. Im thinking that it's a shortage on pairs that didn't get shipped out, or too many early pairs sold by Nike, or the demand is just exceptionally high on the Cool Grey Colorway.

Whether if production numbers where that high or not, one thing for sure is that alot of people that I know struck out, and this release was a little bit harder than the past 4 years.

I’m almost sure DSG will cancel my order being I didn’t get a conformation yet. But I did go back in almost 15 minutes later and place another order for a sz 8 and got a conformation instantly.

Got down to Lenox Mall to pick mine up from Nike at 9:05 this morning. Line outside and cluster **** inside. Ended up being there until about 11:45 waiting but all in all it was better than not getting a pair. L on SNKRS while in line, charge on CC at Richard’s but not order number, and L on all raffles. Was able to get 1 Early Access GS 6, SNKRS pass for as 12, and doubled up for my girlfriend this morning for a GS sz 6. Everything else was an L but I am glad to get at least 1 pair for myself. Good luck to everyone else.
It was entertaining to see 500 people get on their phone at once and see all of the disappointment when the L’s came in

SNKRS app gave me an error at exactly 10am. Then I tried again & still got the L.

I blame SNKRS app with that message that “An error has occurred” 😡

anyone else got that error message on first attempt?

Oh well bro, on to the next release. I’m done paying resale. 🤬 that! I just won’t have these.

Especially with Jordan Brand raising the price to $200 next year? Yea, 🤬 paying resale.

Last edited:
After seeing the destruction in Kentucky , I realize how goofy all of this is, including my part in it. I wore my glitter 11s yesterday for the 3rd time. Love the glitter, hate the gushy fit.

None of this makes me feel good anymore.
I’ll be back for the Georgetown 1 disappointment.

You don't know who I am or what my financial situation is and frankly your opinions on what I invest in isn't your concern.

You’re right I don’t know nor [to be fair] did I purport to know factually what your financial circumstances are or the status of your investment portfolio. I suspect your balance sheet is robust and that you’re discretionary income is overflowing since you’re buying $80 shoes for a 1-year old. But ultimately that’s just conjecture on my part.

What I do know is this … unless your young one is dealing with achondroplasia or some other short stature circumstances, he or she, at 1, will outgrow those shoes within a few months at most.

Also I know that you didn’t get the shoes anyway.

And I know that young folks and people of color don’t do enough investing and companies like Nike capitalize on that lack of financial sophistication and tendency of both demographics towards cultural commoditization. May or may not be applicable to you.

Moving on, since you shared that you didn’t get the shoes anyway, I offered an alternative for the money that you didn’t spend in the way that you intended and I mentioned the reasons why spending the money on the alternative might be a good thing in disguise.

I would have much preferred you to take notes and type “thank you.” But we all can’t get what we want.

If you do end up having some leftover money, consider opening a Schwab account and adding a share of vti, voo, msft, appl, or nvda, monthly and at least as often as you buy new shoes. I have a sneaking suspicion you be happy you did.

Good luck getting the shoes. They’re a beautiful silhouette.

Hope you and your family are safe and blessed.

Last edited:
Fastes I’ve ever gotten through. Still got the “sold out in your size” message. I refuse to believe this. Thought these would be EASY to get on SNKRS app. Seeing influencers with walls of all sizes on their IG stories for months now.
A048398E-2864-4D29-847C-9FD61E406842.gif

The resell today is crazy, it was $40-$100 lower yesterday. It’s probably worth it to hold off for prices to stabilize

I want to agree with you, but darn it, every time I hold off, the shoes are magically x2 what they were before. The only reason that I'm not absolutely buying them right now is because I didn't plan on wearing them until next summer anyway.

Back
Top Bottom