HOME ALONE or A CHRISTMAS STORY??

both movies are great but Christmas Story has to get my vote.
"Oh fudge..."
best part in the movie is when the mom finds out he learned the curse from her son and she starts beating on him. it will always remind me of my mom.

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

Die_hard.jpg

cmon it took place during Christmas Eve. 
roll.gif

Its between family classics home alone or christmas story n dude post die hard, gotta lov nt

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

Die_hard.jpg

cmon it took place during Christmas Eve. 
roll.gif

Its between family classics home alone or christmas story n dude post die hard, gotta lov nt

Originally Posted by JBug88

laugh.gif

Anybody who doesn't say A Christmas Story is dumb.
Yup, I said it. Dumb.
or under 20...

"Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian."

-J-
QFT!!!

At the end of the day both are classics and great in their own way but Christmas story has so many more layers. Im being extra cheezy right now but I feel like the movie evolves with you. When you watch it as a youngin its about getting what you want for Christmas. When you watch it a little older its about his relationship with his parents, brother, and school mates. Now I watch it as an adult with my own children and I notice things I never noticed before (parents relationship with each other, dad trying to do right by his family despite he himself being quirky/ borderline dysfunctional, Santa was definitely on drugs, real life day to day of the middle class) . Ohh yeah the entire movie is low key racist tho. 

A bucket of paint falling on someones head will be interpreted the same by a 4 year old or a 40 year old.

Originally Posted by JBug88

laugh.gif

Anybody who doesn't say A Christmas Story is dumb.
Yup, I said it. Dumb.
or under 20...

"Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian."

-J-
QFT!!!

At the end of the day both are classics and great in their own way but Christmas story has so many more layers. Im being extra cheezy right now but I feel like the movie evolves with you. When you watch it as a youngin its about getting what you want for Christmas. When you watch it a little older its about his relationship with his parents, brother, and school mates. Now I watch it as an adult with my own children and I notice things I never noticed before (parents relationship with each other, dad trying to do right by his family despite he himself being quirky/ borderline dysfunctional, Santa was definitely on drugs, real life day to day of the middle class) . Ohh yeah the entire movie is low key racist tho. 

A bucket of paint falling on someones head will be interpreted the same by a 4 year old or a 40 year old.

It's a Wonderful Life, although it's a different type of Christmas movie.

Elf and Miracle on 34th St. are great too.

So is Christmas Vacation.

I could watch any of these (and Home Alone and Christmas Story) on repeat.

It's a Wonderful Life, although it's a different type of Christmas movie.

Elf and Miracle on 34th St. are great too.

So is Christmas Vacation.

I could watch any of these (and Home Alone and Christmas Story) on repeat.

These are my must watch Christmas themed movies every year.  Never get sick on them, I span out my movie days two weeks before the holiday.  These movies are whats left of my childhood Christmas memories.

CS>>>home alone 1.

christmasstory.jpg

Home_alone_2.JPG

edward.jpg

images

images

images

poster.jpg

These are my must watch Christmas themed movies every year.  Never get sick on them, I span out my movie days two weeks before the holiday.  These movies are whats left of my childhood Christmas memories.

CS>>>home alone 1.

christmasstory.jpg

Home_alone_2.JPG

edward.jpg

images

images

images

poster.jpg

Back
Top Bottom