Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Thanks, yeah been around this area my whole life, love it man, especially since i work in dtla

Find out tmrrw

Okay I usually use NT for everything
Currently in the market to purchase a home

and I had a question about how to offer
My previous agent said they look at the last few sales in the division and come up with a price

For the last two years it was three properties in that division that sold for
107k (Right next door) 3B 2Br
106k (Left side next door) 3B 2br
122k (3 houses down) 3B 2br

The property I'm looking at is listed for 135k

What would a good offer price be

Okay I usually use NT for everything
Currently in the market to purchase a home

and I had a question about how to offer
My previous agent said they look at the last few sales in the division and come up with a price

For the last two years it was three properties in that division that sold for
107k (Right next door) 3B 2Br
106k (Left side next door) 3B 2br
122k (3 houses down) 3B 2br

The property I'm looking at is listed for 135k

What would a good offer price be

Where do you live?

Was the 122k more recent?
I would look at other 3brs 2baths in near by divisions that are also for sale to get a good gauge. See what they are selling for.

Two years is too far back to look at comps try to look about 2-5 miles away for the last 3-6 months.
Similar square footage, BR/BA etc.

Was the 122k more recent?
I would look at other 3brs 2baths in near by divisions that are also for sale to get a good gauge. See what they are selling for.

Two years is too far back to look at comps try to look about 2-5 miles away for the last 3-6 months.
Similar square footage, BR/BA etc.

106k is the most recent 8/01/17
122k 7/26/17

Range of SQ FT is around 1400 to 1500

Expanding out to 5 miles you see houses that have sold for 111k, 124k (1800sqft)
That's within the 9 month time frame along with 3b 2br

Don't see the issue with coming in lower, where the 2 comps are, as long as there aren't multiple offers.

What condition were the comps at? Level of finishes?

Everything really is the same
Finished basement
updated kitchen with white cabinetry, granite counters, and stainless appliances

These are common in the homes that recently sold in that area
Only difference is the backyard space

I did a little more research on the home
It was sold back in August 2017 for 70,000 and remolded

So I'm thinking of maybe offering 120k

Yea if there aren’t multiple offers and it isnt fully renovated while the others needed some work i would go in lower. Worse that can happen is they say no or counter.

Sometimes realtors can fish around for a number by asking if they have any offers in or offers that were rejected to get you kinda close to the number.

Good luck

Our posts crossed. Ok looks like a flip.

How long has it been on the market? Either way your 120 isnt too far off to at least get a counter.

Our posts crossed. Ok looks like a flip.

How long has it been on the market? Either way your 120 isnt too far off to at least get a counter.
Just hit the market today,
I'll see how the area looks tomorrow morning,

Greatly appreciate all the response

Damn i need to move down south... all i can get for that price here is a shack. And delaware aint even poppin like that lol

Damn bros, looks like someone came in with an all cash offer for the house ... on to the next one.

For real. I couldn't even purchase a one bedroom apartment in Boston for that :lol:

It's crazy how different the COL is.

Word, and youre in a different tier than me. Im not even getting a shack in Boston

Im paying $220k for the crib i close on in March, and its a nice 3 BR 2 Bath ranch with a 2 car garage and nice fenced in yard. Sounds about what hes paying about half price for. And im having to move to the boonies of my state to get that lol

I live in the Bay Area and I pay $2,800/month to rent a 3br/2ba house 45 mins away from San Fransisco. $3,000 1 br are the norm for SF/Berkeley. It's wild out west.

Paid 140k for my small 3br 2ba in Florida in November. Same house where I live in NY would have easily been 400k plus another 6k a year in taxes.

Cant wait to close on this coop so I can buy my first investment property

I live in the Bay Area and I pay $2,800/month to rent a 3br/2ba house 45 mins away from San Fransisco. $3,000 1 br are the norm for SF/Berkeley. It's wild out west.

Yeah that's about the going rate in the sought after neighborhoods in Boston. It's unbelievable.

Damn bros, looks like someone came in with an all cash offer for the house ... on to the next one.

Sorry to hear.

I've lost a few homes to cash buyers who just flip.

Not hating the hustle but we legit want to move to these neighborhoods. Let the little guy flourish for once.

Back
Top Bottom