Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

the crib is coming along guys... definitely a lot better and nicer looking than when i closed on my spot on 9/30...just waiting on my pops health to improve post open heart surgery then ill most likely move in next month which is January... some stuff i am waiting on that is on backorder is my desk which i should get soon, coffee table due next month and my dining table which i should get soon i just have to pay the balance... i was waiting on my 300 gift card from raymour and flannigan to pay some of the balance first... but lastly my kitchen cabinet is on backorder until January but once i get that the kitchen will be done with new counters as well...

here is the stuff i got/did so far... got a new refrigerator and stove, installed new hardwood floors, painted the whole place, installed recess lights and put in a new chandelier, new kitchen light fixture, got my furniture finally bed, nightstand, tv stand, dresser, bar top chairs, couch and love seat, replaced guest room closet door, replaced coat closet door, installed toilet paper holder, put in door stoppers and alarm system installed... once the new kitchen is done then ill be good for a while and will post pics... the bathrooms ill redo in a few years because they are not bad just outdated... really just have to reglaze one tub and shower walls and replace the vanity and should be good... the other bathroom in the master it looks great actually but i want a walk in shower eventually...

Last edited:
Incredible property. I've been looking at ranches / land in SD, KS, WY, etc. lately. Watching too much Yellowstone

Peep the bear lodge mountain area Wyoming. It’s alot more desolate than the sd side of the black hills and cheaper.

I feel you man, I’m over the city.

Put my house on the market Monday around noon...my agent let me know this afternoon we have 8 offers (all over asking) and 12 more scheduled. Showings today. Gonna close it out tomorrow with the best offer :pimp:

why are u selling?

Anyone flip houses?
I want to get into that. Or start doing the BRRR method. Trying to stack up and by fixer upper

I wish i can find a solid licensed contractor. That’s where the biggest headache is when it comes to flipping.

Incredible property. I've been looking at ranches / land in SD, KS, WY, etc. lately. Watching too much Yellowstone

Come on down, up, or to the side to KS, b. We still got cheap land, lol.

10 yrs ago I would have told you to kick rocks if you mentioned living in the semi-isolated mountains or on a stretch of land. Now, that doesn't sound half bad.

Never going to happen because my wife needs her Target runs.

:ohwell:

Where? Been looking in Western KS as it can be as short as 4 hour drive from Denver. My buddy actually got outbid on a ~200 acre property in Winona. He was planning on leasing for cattle, setting up a chicken/duck op, and deer hunting

Where? Been looking in Western KS as it can be as short as 4 hour drive from Denver. My buddy actually got outbid on a ~200 acre property in Winona. He was planning on leasing for cattle, setting up a chicken/duck op, and deer hunting

I was going to recommend the Flint Hills but I'm going to assume that there aren't many options and if there are they would be expensive.

It has been awhile since I looked at land prices out in Western KS and so I just looked on Zillow. Sheez, there isn't much available out West like I thought. Best bet would be the SW corner of the state. Where I'm at on the complete opposite end we have tons of land for sale.

Round about way of saying, at least you being in Denver never mind on KS. There still has to remote areas of Wyoming or in the Dakotas that are still reasonably priced.

it's a sick area and the prices have gone nuts lately. land was a quarter the price 5 years ago.

turbospartan turbospartan my spot is 6 hours from Denver I believe. I meet a decent amount of younger heads from Denver who were looking to get more bang for their buck. western sd reminds me of front range Colorado.

My neighbors are from Spearfish area, and they still have family back in that area. They said the market there is just as crazy as Denver nowadays.

10 yrs ago I would have told you to kick rocks if you mentioned living in the semi-isolated mountains or on a stretch of land. Now, that doesn't sound half bad.

Never going to happen because my wife needs her Target runs.

:ohwell:

same, I don't dislike the city but I'm not trying to live in it forever.

my land isn't totally isolated, it's 20 minutes from spearfish, 10 minutes from deadwood and a half hour from rapid city. that's the way it's laid out there though a bunch of small towns so it's sick because you got everything you need but 5 minute drive and you're in the middle of no where.

I wouldn't want to be out in the middle of no where personally. just not my thing, I just need room to roam.

My neighbors are from Spearfish area, and they still have family back in that area. They said the market there is just as crazy as Denver nowadays.

it is, but a lot of it is developments going in spearfish.

you can still find a lot of stuff that's a decent price but it won't be turn key, you'll need to get power and maybe cut in a road.

my spot is actually part of an association for the sole purpose of snow. I don't want to deal with owning a tractor to push snow to get to my house. :lol:

it's not like a major city where they plow your road, you're on your own and it can snow 200+ inches in a year. I'll gladly pay the 800 bucks a year for my roads to be maintained.

it's a sick area and the prices have gone nuts lately. land was a quarter the price 5 years ago.

turbospartan turbospartan my spot is 6 hours from Denver I believe. I meet a decent amount of younger heads from Denver who were looking to get more bang for their buck. western sd reminds me of front range Colorado.
u live in south dakota/??

thought u was in minnesota word to lil yachty

mplsdunk mplsdunk I freaking love the Black Hills / Spearfish Canyon area. Unbelievably beautiful.

Yeah man, it’s just different. There’s no where else in the country like it. :pimp:

so if you know the area I’m off of 85 and mainland road down the road a couple minutes from deadwood and up on top of it all.

that’s the end of the driveway basically.

8E2A2BFA-4617-4865-9D61-13C535FD8E8B.jpeg

throw the bike in the hemi and check it out. 700 miles of trails then half the "roads" aren't accessible unless you're in a serious truck or dirt bike.

they got the nerve to call a trail a donkey pulled a cart up 150 years ago a road and then your gps takes you to it and you're like . 0] let me just move these boulders and drive across this river.

Back
Top Bottom