Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Sub it out yourself.

Gcs gonna give day laborers a t shirt and act like they’re employed with them and charge 2-3x more.

If you have to go with gc find reviews and look up your laws. No more than 10% down and have a clear contract with pricing and timeline.

I'm wondering the same for all the houses that are that navy blue color. everybody painted their houses that color last year.

start of summer or end of summer ?
:stoneface:
Start working on it beginning of the summer maybe end of spring then hopefully finish end of summer early fall.

I work from home a lot so hopefully I'll be there to supervise and make sure my stuff doesn't get stolen.

Start working on it beginning of the summer maybe end of spring then hopefully finish end of summer early fall.

I work from home a lot so hopefully I'll be there to supervise and make sure my stuff doesn't get stolen.

when i renovated my condo this was a big reason i never moved in any of my personal stuff... only thing there was some big furniture... i didnt even put in little things like my dishes, glasses, alexa etc lol

The rest of the townhouses in my neighborhood are now going for 650000 :sick: I'm glad I moved into the first unit.

I got a contractor that's coming to see my basement next weekend but they are talking about 50000 as an estimate for a 1000+ ft basement off the bat without seeing it But it is negotiable. They seem like a reputable company.

You can build a whole *** addition for 50k.

What are you trying to do?

Drywall? Waterproof? Insulation?

That seems like a lot of money.

Yea definitely shop around. Unless you’re building an indoor pool or sauna there’s no way that should be the quote.

In a bit of a dilemma, hear me out NT brethren . Bought my place just over 2 years ago, its in a rough part of town but it was dirt cheap and i was sick of paying someone elses mortgage. I want to get out of here asap, especially with it being a sellers market and id come out on top with some nice profit, but on the flip side id be back out on the hunt with these insane inflated prices. Heres what ive been thinking:

Option 1: Sell my place and rent for a year or so and see if the market cools down a bit

Option 2: Sell my place and purchase another unit in a more desirable area knowing that ill be paying an inflated price

Option 3: Ride it out at my current place

Doesnt help that i live in seattle, its truly slim pickins here. Any advice would be appreciated.

I thought about that, but i really dont want to ever deal with this place anymore. I wanna strike while the irons hot and get the most i can.
Then I would say you gotta rent for a bit. No point in selling high just to turn around and buy high.

Curious what area you in cause I'm in the Seattle area too. Unless it really is beacon Ave. Then I understand why you want to sell haha.

I was leaning towards that.. i figured id make a killing on this dump and just sit on the equity for a bit.

Im currently in kent on the pac hwy side, im sure you know the deal lol. I wish i had property on BH, id be a millionaire lol.

You can build a whole *** addition for 50k.

What are you trying to do?

Drywall? Waterproof? Insulation?

That seems like a lot of money.

Yea im not doing more than 30000. I just want them to see the basement so I get an idea of what needs to be done.

Insulation section out a nice bathroom and bedroom. Do something nice with the living area possibly with a bar.

In a bit of a dilemma, hear me out NT brethren . Bought my place just over 2 years ago, its in a rough part of town but it was dirt cheap and i was sick of paying someone elses mortgage. I want to get out of here asap, especially with it being a sellers market and id come out on top with some nice profit, but on the flip side id be back out on the hunt with these insane inflated prices. Heres what ive been thinking:

Option 1: Sell my place and rent for a year or so and see if the market cools down a bit

Option 2: Sell my place and purchase another unit in a more desirable area knowing that ill be paying an inflated price

Option 3: Ride it out at my current place

Doesnt help that i live in seattle, its truly slim pickins here. Any advice would be appreciated.
I was actually in a similar situation. I ended up picking option 1.

My neighborhood began taking a turn. I loved being close to the city but not at the expense of safety for myself and my fam.

I moved out of my home this weekend and into any apt. I should walk away with six figures minimum for a house I bought 5 years ago.

Edited for clarity I wrote that hella late and had some typos I didn't catch.

Anyways yeah we moved. We have downsized quite a bit but I'm hoping we can buy a new build once our home is hold. Signed a 10 month lease which will likely get extended in order to have our next home built.

This moves also locks in a really good school district for my son which was #1 on our priorities list. Our previous set up would've had my son in a terrible learning environment.

Last edited:
I was actually in a similar situation Som. I ended up picking option 1.

My neighborhood began taking a turn. I loved being close to the city but not at the expense of safety for myself and my fam. I moved out of my home this weekend and into any apt. We are passing too much but I should walk away with six figures minimum for a house I bought 5 years ago.

Glad to hear others in similar situations. My spots convenient as far as commuting goes, pretty centralized and close to everything. But there have been far too many shootings the past year. Last week someone dumped an entire clip in the complex next to me, that was last straw. I too would be walking away with 100k profit give or take. Appreciate the insight.

Glad to hear others in similar situations. My spots convenient as far as commuting goes, pretty centralized and close to everything. But there have been far too many shootings the past year. Last week someone dumped an entire clip in the complex next to me, that was last straw. I too would be walking away with 100k profit give or take. Appreciate the insight.
Shoot (no pun), 2 years and 100K profit?! I'm getting the hell outta there man. Peace of mind>

But peace of mind + a nice profit? I'd rent in a better area no problem and see how things play out

In August, it'll be 2 years since I bought my condo. Right now I'd also have a really nice profit and I wouldn't have to do **** to my unit in terms of repairs/renovations

I'm in a good neighborhood right by the beach but it's only 623 sq feet, I'm feeling a lil boxed in here. I really wanted things to work out with my ex and I pictured me selling this place and buying at least a 2 bedroom condo (with the help of her paying the new increased mortgage) and going from there

But it just being me, I'm also kind of sorting through my options. I don't make enough to be able to afford something much bigger... it would just be nice to come away with a profit + upgrade my living situation if I had a partner

I was leaning towards that.. i figured id make a killing on this dump and just sit on the equity for a bit.

Im currently in kent on the pac hwy side, im sure you know the deal lol. I wish i had property on BH, id be a millionaire lol.
Ah man pacific highway s. Still remember driving down there with the homies way back in high school to look at all the hookers.

Housing market is wild if you can pull in 100k in that area. I'd rent somewhere in the suburbs like maple valley or even Issaquah and just chill until it all settles down.

Why would it settle down? What does that even entail? Will a 20% correction make something thesible for you?

If not youre jus setting yourself up to get rent raised 25% every year and your equity forcibly removed from your bank accounts.

There’s no indication that anything is going to “settle down” anytime soon.

If you don’t feel comfortable where you’re currently living and can make a solid profit, I’d absolutely sell. Getting back in the buyer market is rough, but I just personally wouldn’t care a ton about whether I’m buying at the height of the market or not if it’s for my primary residence in a place I actually want to be. As long as I can afford it, I’d pull the trigger. House will probably just keep appreciating anyways, and the peace of mind is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom