Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

UntimelyCleanEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

There was no framing underneath the old subfloor?!
There was, but it was completely rotted and decayed. It's there in the rubble.

you don't need to do any concrete pillars or anything for the subfloor? Loose (?) cinderblocks and wood blocks? Absolutely not criticizing, just curious what I'm looking at.
Correct. Just framing, subfloor, and luxury vinyl planks.

There was, but it was completely rotted and decayed. It's there in the rubble.

Correct. Just framing, subfloor, and luxury vinyl planks.
Man when I renovated my bathroom I had to redo the subfloor since whomever did the previous Reno (built in 1970s) didnt water proof it smh. I went with Schluter Ditra which was super easy to work with.

Man when I renovated my bathroom I had to redo the subfloor since whomever did the previous Reno (built in 1970s) didnt water proof it smh. I went with Schluter Ditra which was super easy to work with.
You can't blame em, the technology wasn't even there. Insulation didn't even become mandatory until 1965 and fools were using newspaper. And that was just the walls - ceilings and floor insulation didn't become required until 1980.

My homies house was built in 2005 and he still had to replace it, cause the newest stuff on the market has a much higher r-value.

He ended up knocking his utility bill down from $160 a month to $85.

You can't blame em, the technology wasn't even there. Insulation didn't even become mandatory until 1965 and fools were using newspaper. And that was just the walls - ceilings and floor insulation didn't become required until 1980.

My homies house was built in 2005 and he still had to replace it, cause the newest stuff on the market has a much higher r-value.

He ended up knocking his utility bill down from $160 a month to $85.
That I did not know! I always thought that some form of water proofing existed. I definitely know they didnt have Ditra back then. So fair enough.

My only issue was it was obviously Reno'd by the previous owner who was not the original owner and based on records definitely did it at a time where this technology and other forms of waterproofing did exist. But either way I did it and did it right.

Amazing airbnb potential. One of yall buy it and I’ll help manage it, go change out linens and clean and the like
storm2006 storm2006

Based on the other airbnbs within 1 mile of that unit, they charge ~$150 a night.

If you're booked every night of the month maybe you make 1k clean a month.

Based on the other airbnbs within 1 mile of that unit, they charge ~$150 a night.

If you're booked every night of the month maybe you make 1k clean a month.
Its not particularly my favorite part of town but The Mosteller tower would get more than 150 a night. You’re comparing a “lux” amenity highrise with 360 views and potentially an indoor pool if its still open to random houses and looks like 3 people who live in the Tiffany Retro apartments which are kind of across the expressway if you just did a sort by zip. If it was in 73102-6, it’d be more appealing sure and itd also cost 3 to 4x but as is, people there arent a whole 15 minute drive from downtown, Nichols Hills, probably most of anything they wanted to be at in OKC really with its proximity the highway

i dont know airbnb math though how much of the fees do the owners get on too of the base price less airbnbs percentage?

I already pay 600 in condo/hoa fees a month and it’s going up another 10% Jan. 1.

Sidenote what is the verdict on house plants. Cool or leave the plants to outside? I wanna fill some space in our living room but don’t want more furniture

Last edited:
Brand new condos, the HOA shouldn’t really be more than $250 in HOA fees.

Co-ops here in NYC for a 2 bedroom are 1k a month though in a building with a 24/7 doorman.

I already pay 600 in condo/hoa fees a month and it’s going up another 10% Jan. 1.

Sidenote what is the verdict on house plants. Cool or leave the plants to outside? I wanna fill some space in our living room but don’t want more furniture
Got damb at 600 HOA

I'm at $136 for an old *** building

My building is a 1985 construction, not new but renovated multiple times. Other than the guardhouse salaries and landspacers/maintenance idk where the rest of the money goes. Supposedly they wanna do elevator and lobby maintenance but it keeps getting pushed back.

You guys should see the HOA fees out in Hawaii. Even a lot of older housing developments have them. For condos, $600 would legitimately be pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom