Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Something about it being more expensive to convert it to code than it’s worth.

Like homeless camps are built to code or something.

I just saw some article on it.

It’s stupid, change the code then and slap some dorms in or whatever. It’s really just excuse after excuse.

lol. Atherton is overrated. Good look. Just read up on it. I know he's getting lit up tryna produce a Mac Dre documentary

expensive my *** lol. Having your own business is more important than home ownership in America.
Who do you want to convert the buildings? The owners bought a commercial property and probably have no interest in managing a residential property - not to mention the costs to bring it up to code.

The local govt could step in to buy but would likely need voter support since tax dollars are involved on top of the conversion costs. And as already mentioned the NIMBY opposition will be in full force.

Relying on the altruism for a project like this is a bold strategy.

rjfy6fn1i25c1.jpg

Legislation is needed to limit institutional buying of SFHs and single dwelling units. Or at least heavily incentivize sellers to sell to actual people.

Until then, realize you are competing with the Jones’ and billionaire corporations both foreign and domestic.

I wonder what Wells Fargo % is after the BS I went through with them... 800 credit score, 0 debt and 20k cash down on a 160k loan, and a job Ive had for 9 years at the time... mofos kept on making **** up I needed to do. Finally said f em and went with US Bank and it was smooth sailing, luckily I went to school with the mortgage guy there.... but I shouldnt even have to say that after saying all my qualifiers.

Legislation is needed to limit institutional buying of SFHs and single dwelling units. Or at least heavily incentivize sellers to sell to actual people.

Until then, realize you are competing with the Jones’ and billionaire corporations both foreign and domestic.

people oddly in the US like to blame individual people (like Steph lol) instead of our systematic problems. Allowing corporations and foreign entities to buy 44% of SFRs in the past few years is nuts. You can’t compete against that sort of money. Building more houses without first changing that is just a hamster wheel of uselessness

Back
Top Bottom