Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

FHA is the best way to house hack. Little money down and you are living for free renting out the other units.

$200-$300/mo in PMI is really a non issue.

Wish I would have house hacked, I am renting out a room in my house though.

Hopefully I can rent out the office in 2016 only will be paying about $600/mo on my mortgage.
Then you gotta deal with the headache of living close to your tenants tho

Then you gotta deal with the headache of living close to your tenants tho
I don't care not really a headache if you keep it professional and lay out all rules and procedures from day one. Also don't have to live there forever another great thing about using FHA to house hack, you can live there for a year or 2 then move to a new place and rent out all 4 units.

@LuckyLuchiano your grant must have been a lot. I received 23K in assistance and that didn't even make a dent lmao.

My PMI is about $220/mo nothing to crazy. I will most likely sell this house within the next 7 years, so I don't plan on refinancing, but will be going conventional for my next home.

Last edited:

my girl and i just put in an offer, they countered and we accepted.

we will have an inspection on the 28th, they had it up for 200 we offered 195 and they came up with 198, not to mention they are also paying some of our fees and also giving us a home warranty.

its a good neighborhood, the other spots we checked out were horrible, and in not so great parts.

the place has lots of potential and im happy we swooped on it built in 2004.

im very excited, and i just looked at the same price range where i lived in cali and man im glad i left.

3bdr 2bath nice backyard, its just me my girl and our 2 dogs in charleston sc.
congrats my dude. 

something like that in cali would be in the 5-6 range. well at least in the southbay area

I don't care not really a headache if you keep it professional and lay out all rules and procedures from day one. Also don't have to live there forever another great thing about using FHA to house hack, you can live there for a year or 2 then move to a new place and rent out all 4 units.

@LuckyLuchiano
your grant must have been a lot. I received 23K in assistance and that didn't even make a dent lmao.

My PMI is about $220/mo nothing to crazy. I will most likely sell this house within the next 7 years, so I don't plan on refinancing, but will be going conventional for my next home.

Key is moving to an area a city is trying to "gentrify" a lot people are not about that life though lol.

My next move is gonna be in an area that is set up already lol smh

My next move will be when I have kids and married, so of course I will move to something more "residential", right now it`s just me and my girl and my mortgage is 1/5-1/3 of what people I know rent for and I`m literally in the heart of the city lol.

I got 3bd/2bth right now, so once I have kids and stuff I`m probably going to try to do 4-5+ bed room, because I`d also want to move my mom in, so she doesnt have to worry about bills any more.

Where's the best place to find these guys that fix up houses to flip.

Not interested in flipping, but there are some interesting properties, "fixer upper" types that I would like to buy for myself.

Trying to move in to a fixed up house in the LA area is border line financial suicide, :lol:

That bubble that burst, it's getting inflated again.

Going to read through this thread, but going to jump in the market in 2016.

Best place to get info for first time home buyers? grants? etc.

Last edited:
Capitol heights right? most def gentrifying, that's just DMV for you. But I will say if you can get something in the city for 300, it's almost a guaranteed profit after the flip, maybe a 200%+ return.

Last edited:
My next move will be when I have kids and married, so of course I will move to something more "residential", right now it`s just me and my girl and my mortgage is 1/5-1/3 of what people I know rent for and I`m literally in the heart of the city lol.

I got 3bd/2bth right now, so once I have kids and stuff I`m probably going to try to do 4-5+ bed room, because I`d also want to move my mom in, so she doesnt have to worry about bills any more.

i got cousins on both sides of my family and father who lives down there also

they all got homes, i gotta face reality the northeast is overpriced af

atlanta night life/food legit too

Last edited:
i got cousins on both sides of my family and father who lives down there also

they all got homes, i gotta face reality the northeast is overpriced af

atlanta night life/food legit too

ATL will become overpriced eventually or there will be another real estate bubble burst alot of cities are over building, i hear in many cities much of the over priced real estate have low occupancy rates, but i also hear in SF and Nyc alot of chinese and middle eastern investors are buting everything cash, but idk if they are sitting on these properties or what

I just had to pull out on buying a house because the seller did not want to sell for the appraisal price. Dude listed the house for a reasonable price but I still figured it was too high for the area so I had an appraiser come out and he said the house was worth about 10k less than what it was listed for. So now the seller does not want to sell it for 10k less on a purchase price over 200k. so you willing to lose a deal worth a couple hundred thousand over a 10k difference. this dude has got to be an idiot. :smh:

Im not over paying for a house you think is worth more than all the houses around it. Just like you wouldn't over pay for a car when KBB says its worth this much just doesn't make sense.

the other house I was about to grab before this one had foundation issues had to back out on that one too.

they need something out here to help pay for these expensive behind appraisal fees and inspections fees if the deal does not fall thru after the fact.

House hunting is stressful as hell man wasting money looking and inspecting houses just to find something wrong the seller cant afford to fix and im not bout to pay for it when I never lived there. I don't want no fixer upper if im dropping 200k+ in Florida. This aint DC lived there too.

end rant. :tongue:

Last edited:
Where's the best place to find these guys that fix up houses to flip.

Not interested in flipping, but there are some interesting properties, "fixer upper" types that I would like to buy for myself.

Trying to move in to a fixed up house in the LA area is border line financial suicide,
laugh.gif

That bubble that burst, it's getting inflated again.

Going to read through this thread, but going to jump in the market in 2016.

Best place to get info for first time home buyers? grants? etc.
what area you looking at? 

im tryna find something in the southbay

lots of fixxer uppers in the cpt,LB, paramount area but im not moving out there. 

Last edited:
Recent flip I did in San Diego

Before and after pic...

Finished pics...

those after pics [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]. what part of SD is that in?

Last edited:
those after pics [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]. what part of SD is that in?

Del Cerro

Closing escrow on another one in Del Cerro by the end of the month. Off to a good start for 2016...

I only got a 3.5% grant, on 165k new home purchase so around $5,700. I still have PMI because I put no money down. :x

Back
Top Bottom