Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Damn, that sucks.

We're planning on putting down 10%. You really can't win in NY. I just applied with Chase and dude was telling me how NY has the highest closing costs. One of the highest costs of living,income taxes,property taxes, and closing costs. Can we get a break ? :smh:

Anyone have experience or thoughts on rocket mortgage? Thinking about using it to compare to a rate that I got through a local bank.

How do you appeal the county's evaluation of your home?

My house is 9 months old and honestly what they said it is worth is accurate so how do I appeal? Like under what grounds?

My house is 9 months old and honestly what they said it is worth is accurate so how do I appeal? Like under what grounds?

Most counties have an appeals board that looks into this. A colleague of mine hired an attorney to dispute his property tax assessment.

What did they appraise the home at and what do you think its worth?

Typically it's based on a comparison of homes in the area plus any updates you have on your property.

Anyone have experience or thoughts on rocket mortgage? Thinking about using it to compare to a rate that I got through a local bank.
Most realtors, at least in my area, strongly look down on Quicken. As a listing agent, I always want the prospective buyer of my listing to be using a local lender...What I will say though is their rates are generally pretty competitive and usually better than local banks. On par with credit unions.

Typically it's based on a comparison of homes in the area plus any updates you have on your property.

If that's the case I don't have a foot to stand on :lol:

I'm going to go through the county's website just to verify I'm not getting taxed more than my neighbors.

You also have to verify that the assessed value is current with market value. In that case you could be paying more than you should. For example before the housing market crash lets say a home was assessed at 300k, after the crash homes are worth 250k your still being taxed at the 300k.

I'm going to go through the county's website just to verify I'm not getting taxed more than my neighbors.

That's what I did too :lol:

Small note though that I saw the hours Tax Assessor's works and that guys has it made. Dude is only available 9am-1pm Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri and has a "late night" of 5:30-7:30pm on Wed. WTF kind of hours is that? :lol:

That's what I did too :lol:

Small note though that I saw the hours Tax Assessor's works and that guys has it made. Dude is only available 9am-1pm Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri and has a "late night" of 5:30-7:30pm on Wed. WTF kind of hours is that? :lol:

I feel like all city hall/ county building jobs are like that. They make it impossible to get anything done lol

Last edited:
Guy's I'm still compiling the BP podcast list. It's going to take a while since they are at 173 podcast.

I have listened to 90% of them, just have to refresh to categorize them.

I will say this, podcast 152 : Building Wealth and Passive Income with Ben Leybovich, Brian Burke, and Serge Shukhat is the best podcast they have ever done. These are the most successful and experienced guys on BP. To get all 3 of them on 1 podcast is amazing, plethora of information. Check out their individual interviews as well.

Last edited:
Guy's I'm still compiling the BP podcast list. It's going to take a while since they are at 173 podcast.
I have listened to 90% of them, just have to refresh to categorize them.

I will say this, podcast 152 : Building Wealth and Passive Income with Ben Leybovich, Brian Burke, and Serge Shukhat is the best podcast they have ever done. These are the most successful and experienced guys on BP. To get all 3 of them on 1 podcast is amazing, plethora of information. Check out their individual interviews as well.

Appreciate that g.

My new project has foundations issues. Found the "root of the problem" Lol.

Damn, that sucks.

We're planning on putting down 10%. You really can't win in NY. I just applied with Chase and dude was telling me how NY has the highest closing costs. One of the highest costs of living,income taxes,property taxes, and closing costs. Can we get a break ? :smh:

it's the worst man...I bought my Coop 2 years ago and put $32k down, bought for $160,000. Getting married next year and then will begin aggressively looking for a house in Long Island...just rough man...

Back
Top Bottom