Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

The Atlanta Beltline was a project that was started about 12 years ago (2005) in which was supposed to connect neighborhoods using a rail line similar to Path. (I used to live in Jersey city). I started working for the Transit Authority in 2005 for their I.T. and still does. I knew that this would be huge if it ever picked up!

Basically an economic reedevelopment of neighborhoods and connecting them together. The project finally started after years of planning and support/funding.

Now that part of the beltline is completed.Its has become a pavement for hiking, biking, running, art festivals, and businesses.

Here's a video:

So now the city is starting to plan the expansion onto the Westside (predominantly African American). I found a commercial strip that already have tenets with leased contracts that is right off that beltline!

Nothing have changed in terms of the leased agreement with my tenets but now I'm owner of the property and building.

Once that beltline and redevelopment takes off, which I'm predicting late 2018/2019, not only the value of my property goes up (50-70%, I'm predicting) but businesses will want to fill in those spaces. The city is already paving the connection as we speak so now it just a matter of time the development starts by my exact location. Just have to decide if I'm going to hold and sell or finance reconstruction of the building to fit the appearance of what the city is trying to do. Perhaps lofts or office space.

My barbell brother (oly weightlifting comrade) owns a hotel and drop some heavy jewels on investment and real estate on me. S/O to him, because if it wasn't for him...this would of never happened.

Last edited:
Great information. Amazing. Just absolutely amazing. Now it's time to research.

The best advice is to read up on development news within your city/town; future projects, future re-development, funding, grants, etc. Attend Planning and Development Board Meetings to be up to date and get ahead of the curve.

Last edited:
dang didn't know there was a thread for real estate. My fiancé and I just got a duplex in Phoenix for 185k, mortgage is 850 and were getting 1600 total from tenants, as long as nothing goes wrong with the place it should be good.

Sucks we want to buy here in SD but it seems like were super priced out. I share an apartment right now and pay 550, super hard to justify the mortgage I would be paying here :frown:

The best advice is to read up on development news within your city/town; future projects, future re-development, funding, grants, etc. Attend Planning and Development Board Meetings to be up to date and get ahead of the curve.

Yooo I gotta rap to you offline fam.
A major redevelopment is going on in my backyard and I have a couple quick questions.

I'll PM you later bro

Final week push...

EF950058-204F-4E71-86D3-7E42E03C9D09.jpeg 5C46484B-44FB-4FFF-ABFE-AA86C0CF04FF.jpeg 6F7A5D0D-D93F-44C0-B274-184C9AEAE524.jpeg

1017F06E-DB50-4679-97D2-97B9F12BE9A0.jpeg

Professional pics are done. Originally I was going to sell for $430k but after seeing the end product, decided to list it for $450k and see what happens. I put it on the market yesterday and already received an offer $5k over asking. Going to wait after the weekend of open houses and see if i can get a couple more offers in.

4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-21.jpg 4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-18.jpg 4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-12.jpg 4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-9.jpg 4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-1.jpg 4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-4.jpg 4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-7.jpg 4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-8.jpg 4132_e_plaza_blvd_flyer-20.jpg

Officially opened escrow today. 4 days on the market w/ multiple offers and I accepted an offer $10k over asking price. Super excited! Now it's time to look for another project!

Congrats bro, looking forward to seeing your next projects. You should be on HGTV your design and execution is :nthat:

Is that shower tile you used really popular out there?

I've used it on a couple flips already and I've had nothing but great responses from buyers and agents. I just like the look of it because it looks like marble and it's inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom