Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

They say raising the rates brings down cost of houses so they can compete. What blows my mind is them using the lower score if you cosign with someone.

Bring down the cost of homes??? Prices are the highest they’ve been in the past few years

I’ve been tracking down homes sold in the same area and houses have jumped up $50k-$100k in the last year alone

Bring down the cost of homes??? Prices are the highest they’ve been in the past few years

I’ve been tracking down homes sold in the same area and houses have jumped up $50k-$100k in the last year alone
In theory higher rates make it more expensive to borrow, thus driving housing prices down. As you mentioned, its not happening.

I work in the mortgage industry as a wholesale lender. I can help with questions you guys have. As far as the “no MI” with a LTV of more than 80%. You still have MI but it is LPMI= lender paid mortgage insurance, which means that you have a higher interest rate but no monthly MI payment. You can go with BPMI= borrower paid mortgage insurance, which gives you a lower interest rates but a monthly MI payment also.
With your DTI it can go up to 50% depending on your FICO.

In theory higher rates make it more expensive to borrow, thus driving housing prices down. As you mentioned, its not happening.

Rates have to go up. If rates are going down then it's a sign the economy is going in the opposite direction.

Anyone here live in the PHX area and invest in properties? Gonna visit for 2 days next weekend and would like to network.

As long as rents are high. People who should be deterred will purchase anyway with high rates because it's "cheaper" than renting. Seems like in the Las Vegas market, banks, who still own a huge chunk of the market from foreclosures along with investors, are controlling the supply to keep rents high. I dont have any proof of this however.

It should be noted that the mortgage crisis happened when the prime rate was around 6.25 if I recall correctly.

interest only loans is what killed everyone.

Looking at a craftsman in Los Angeles, but it's on a dead end with the freeway in front of it. Gorgeous house but for 850k it's a turn off.

The complex I live in has a 2 br 2 bth unit for sale for dirt cheap. Does need upgrades but just from living here it looks like they have no issues renting these out. Really interested just don’t know where to start

The complex I live in has a 2 br 2 bth unit for sale for dirt cheap. Does need upgrades but just from living here it looks like they have no issues renting these out. Really interested just don’t know where to start

What's it listed for and what could you rent it out for?

How much is the hoa fee?
What shape are the financials in on the complex? If they need to spend money on a roof or the common areas do they have reserves?

When i go on credit karma i see offers for mortgage ****. Make it look like i can save $200 or so a month

I havent really looked into it deeply but i just bought the crib a couple months ago...im assuming its way too early to be looking at **** like this

Closing on a home soon, and my mortgage will be with Quicken. They told me if I can give them a name of someone who currently has them, I can get $750 off closing costs. Anyone currently have them that wouldn’t mind using their name? Everyone that I’ve asked personally doesn’t have them.

Closing on a home soon, and my mortgage will be with Quicken. They told me if I can give them a name of someone who currently has them, I can get $750 off closing costs. Anyone currently have them that wouldn’t mind using their name? Everyone that I’ve asked personally doesn’t have them.

Check your PM

Westchester county

Prices are starting to shoot up here with everyone running from the city.

Mt Vernon, Yonkers, New rochelle, Even up to White plains. They are building new luxury apartments to try to lure in the millennial with the easy access to the city via metro north.

I can get to Grand central in 30 min vs deep in Brooklyn/queens where it can take an hour plus on the subway. Prices are still affordable right now but I honestly think they are overbuilding in NYC and the surrounding cities and towns. These prices cant keep going up forever.

This pretty much sums up my situation. I currently reside in Westchester County as well and looking to own within the next few months but the way prices are increasing, it's getting difficult. I want to stay in Bronxville, where I live now, but the Condo/Co-op prices are high, not to mention the maintenance fees. Luckily, there are several first time homeowner's programs that are fruitful. The one I'm going to use offers up to $25K for Westchester County residents.

This pretty much sums up my situation. I currently reside in Westchester County as well and looking to own within the next few months but the way prices are increasing, it's getting difficult. I want to stay in Bronxville, where I live now, but the Condo/Co-op prices are high, not to mention the maintenance fees. Luckily, there are several first time homeowner's programs that are fruitful. The one I'm going to use offers up to $25K for Westchester County residents.

Good Luck I sold my coop in mt vernon in april. Love bronxville but like you said its a bit pricey. Great location though

D3B3A3C1-344B-4943-ACB7-477FFB5E83F4.jpeg
45486937-1B86-42E2-9206-B2F63D519C22.jpeg
BEF98B57-8ACC-40CF-89DB-BF7DD8BC64BF.jpeg
F65F9E0D-019A-48D0-9DE5-722D7862E42A.jpeg
E8A5D1A5-8C3A-4607-A00A-5ED54D5EB0AB.jpeg
EE858FD1-2B5E-4386-9513-47FF0CD7C62D.jpeg
AB45BBAB-3B50-4215-AD7F-D235D09F219A.jpeg
6BA85075-3B1D-45E9-8908-5FC57EACF50B.jpeg
58B2724A-10CE-4766-AF92-91DCD5072CC8.jpeg
42EFD33E-FC51-4115-8C6C-5971A6E265BE.jpeg
Finished pics of my newest project. Purchased for $710k. Put it on the market for $899k and received mulitiple offers within 2 days and accepted an offer for $915k. Could’ve went with a higher offer but the couple who we accepted an offer from wrote a very heartfelt letter saying how the husband lived in the neighborhood for 20 years since he was a kid, recently married and expecting a child, and how hey would love to raise their child in a very family oriented neighborhood.

For the work, total remodel. Opened up the living room by knocking down a wall so we can take advantage of the view right when you walk in. Hardwood floors throughout. Retiled the fireplace w/ stacked stone. New kitchen and appliances and added a pot filler for a subtle detail. Built a brand new 50ft deck in the backyard with views of downtown SD and ocean. Added wood slats in the front of the house to add curb appeal and also did landscaping with drought tolerant plants. Master bath features dual shower heads, stand alone tub, his & her faucets, and a safe in the master closet. Whole house was wired for turning it into a “smart house” via iPad which is wall mounted in the living room.

This has become one of my favorite builds to date. Even my wife asked if we can move into it. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom