Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Wattup ladies and gentlemen,

As some of you might know/remember, my wife and I bought an older home in Queens, NY with the plan of renovating it over time. We did the fist phase of renovations when we bought it (see pics). This past weekend we completed the 2nd phase, which was renovate the basement. The plan and hope is to renovate the master bath at the end of 2020.

Well enough talking, time for the pics.

The First Floor
IMG-1457.JPG

IMG-1475.JPG

IMG-6093.JPG

IMG-6094.JPG

IMG-6095.JPG

IMG-6096.JPG

2nd Floor

IMG-3672.JPG

IMG-3640.JPG

IMG-6069.JPG

IMG-6075.JPG

It's been a fun process. I'm an architect, so I love this stuff, even when things go wrong..LOL

I do the drawings/sketches. The craftsmanship is done by a childhood friend who owns a Design/Construction company. So we work together to get the best results, even though sometimes things don't work out

IMG-5718.JPG

IMG-5719.JPG

Nice work. Wish I knew you were an architect...Could have gotten an NT discount for my addition/remodel.

My only critique is IMO, I like the old railings but that's just my preference...everything else is spot on with my tastes..from the casing/stools to the tile choices.

Nice work. Wish I knew you were an architect...Could have gotten an NT discount for my addition/remodel.

My only critique is IMO, I like the old railings but that's just my preference...everything else is spot on with my tastes..from the casing/stools to the tile choices.

We tried as much as possible to keep portions of the old trim and details, but the house had fallen into such disrepair that we couldn't save it.

We tried as much as possible to keep portions of the old trim and details, but the house had fallen into such disrepair that we couldn't save it.
Termites killed a lot of the original siding at my house...it’s so expensive to have Milled too. Great job though.

send your buddy to Los Angeles 🤔

PS: can I use your Ceiling drawings?

we have low ceilings (9 ft) and I want to do that in the living room to give the illusion of more height.

Damn I’m sick, couple of condos I was seriously contemplating buying and renting about 6 years ago for $60-80k because I saw the potential growth of the area are listed for sale now at 180k. I gotta follow through on my ideas this year.

Does anybody have any experience or info about owning a home but leasing the land? any info is greatly appreciated

thats an amazing reno ootherocoo ootherocoo ! Your skills and taste are on point! Great transformation.

My wife and I just finished renovating our kitchen in our first home. Was an experience but ended up doing everything ourselves.

What is that style door and door trim? We wanted to go with something more modern like that.

thats an amazing reno ootherocoo ootherocoo ! Your skills and taste are on point! Great transformation.

My wife and I just finished renovating our kitchen in our first home. Was an experience but ended up doing everything ourselves.

What is that style door and door trim? We wanted to go with something more modern like that.

Thanks my man. The doors are solid core, single panel shaker doors, and the trim is 1x flat stock.

Back
Top Bottom