Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

btc.jpg

You know what to do....

:lol: my coinbro days been over sir.

Actually my house went up from my purchase of 515000 to currently being sold for 750000+. So i dont think thats it. Its a new build the other townhouses around me are still being completed.

I vaguely remember them saying the property tax situation where I live is weird and may change.
Celebrate! Anytime your value increases that much and your property taxes go down that much it's a 🎉🥳

Actually my house went up from my purchase of 515000 to currently being sold for 750000+. So i dont think thats it. Its a new build the other townhouses around me are still being completed.

I vaguely remember them saying the property tax situation where I live is weird and may change.
Thats because on new builds you don't get taxed on the house just the land until completion and thenn town/city assessment. If anything it should have been more unless they were anticipating $26k to $30k in taxes ... weird, but enjoy it.

Last edited:
Celebrate! Anytime your value increases that much and your property taxes go down that much it's a 🎉🥳

I got lucky. I purchased the first unit at pretty much a loss to them Ive been told. Just gotta keep my cat from destroying this place and I should be able to sell it for a huge profit in the future. Houses around me going for 1 mill+

If any of you guys are in the DC area. Look into McKay mortgage out of Bethesda. Good people! He’s actually a mortgage broker! He’s in DC, MD, Va. and other states. He will baby step you through the loan process if your clueless. He closed us 15 days early during covid

My tenant wants to renew (Jan 1st) which is going to be her 4th year. I haven’t raised her rent a cent. She pays $1850 for a 4 -2, 2K sq ft, includes lawn maintenance and pest control. It was about market value 3.5+ years ago but I think I could get closer to $2400 or so now.
Debating what I should do… I want to keep her, not sure if 2K will price her out. It’s my first time as a landlord.

My tenant wants to renew (Jan 1st) which is going to be her 4th year. I haven’t raised her rent a cent. She pays $1850 for a 4 -2, 2K sq ft, includes lawn maintenance and pest control. It was about market value 3.5+ years ago but I think I could get closer to $2400 or so now.
Debating what I should do… I want to keep her, not sure if 2K will price her out. It’s my first time as a landlord.
if she can pay $1,850 a month, 2K is nothing.

if she can pay $1,850 a month, 2K is nothing.
Yea I’m leaning towards 2K.
Looking at Zillow for houses in the same zip, definitely seems like 2400 is about right. I don’t want to have to deal with finding a new tenant, losing rent for 1 or maybe 2 months, and renting out to a stranger… I already know she’s a great tenant, no headaches.

Looking at Zillow for houses in the same zip, definitely seems like 2400 is about right. I don’t want to have to deal with finding a new tenant, losing rent for 1 or maybe 2 months, and renting out to a stranger… I already know she’s a great tenant, no headaches.
she'll be happy with that new arrangement considering it's cheaper than the rest and have a great sq.ft. I'd do the same thing.

she'll be happy with that new arrangement considering it's cheaper than the rest and have a great sq.ft. I'd do the same thing.
Yeah no one is "happy" about getting their rent raised. But I'm sure they'll choose to stay
If you're happy with the situation now and still making a profit that you're comfortable with why not keep it that way. Is $1850 the absolute lowest you can go? Would cutting out lawn care or other stuff you pay for save you the difference?

I’m in the exact same place escept the numbers are 1300 which I rented to them in 2018 and now market is around 1900 and i got a 3 car garage instead of 2. After the property management company takes 10% I basically break even on the mortgage. They are double military with 2 kids so I am sure even if I did raise it it’d be less than their BHAs combined.

I’d say you should do it. $150 probably wont kill her, if you just want to be extra gentle and nice maybe give her a note and let her know a month in advance

Lmk if anyone has or knows of a rental house/condo in the Baltimore area as I am looking to rent prior to hopping into a mortgage...

Need some ideas for a basic and maintenance free front yard idea

I was thinking of doing gravel and just adding a walkway through the middle of the yard using some pavers and mabe some pea gravel or beach rock type stones to give it another look

something along the lines of this
1662607630541.png

1662607644619.png

1662607658023.png

its for a rental so i want it to be zero maintenance

Need some ideas for a basic and maintenance free front yard idea

I was thinking of doing gravel and just adding a walkway through the middle of the yard using some pavers and mabe some pea gravel or beach rock type stones to give it another look

something along the lines of this
1662607630541.png

1662607644619.png

1662607658023.png

its for a rental so i want it to be zero maintenance

In CO they call it "xeriscaping". Use native, drought resistant plants and rocks / natural features so you dont have to water and cut a lawn.

I didn’t even know that was a thing. I want zero grass at my next house. Just make what’s there look nice and bring in some rocks and trees.

Back
Top Bottom