Home Security Cameras

Which Wyze cam do you use?
I use the Wyze Cam v2 outside (2 of them) and the Cam Pan inside.
I also have the Wyze Sense kit, which includes a motion detector and 2 sets of door contacts.
Wyze just released a firmware upgrade that will allow the cams to only trigger when it detects a human. Works flawlessly. It used to trigger if bugs or leaves moved around.

(2) Cams, a Cam Pan, and the sense kit together was under $100.

We had some vivint people come by to sell us their system which would have been 1 camera and alarm system, you had the option of adding other cameras but we just declined since we had the 3 nest up already. But reviews seem to say vivint system is pretty good though

I would suggest Nest, but they're a lot more $$$ than some of the many other affordable options on Amazon. In my experience with Nest, set up is easy and the video quality is good. The down side is that you need to pay monthly for video storage/playback ability.

I use Nest cams and the Nest Hello, no complaints. They've been clutch while my house was being renovated.

Sorry I've been busy the past few days so I haven't been able to check the thread.

FIRST, thank you everyone for the suggestions. Going to do my reading up on all the options suggested. I really appreciate it.

byoung byoung I was looking at Nest, but I'm not trying to add another monthly expense to mine or my Aunt's budget so sadly I'll probably pass (for now). I'm only in town visiting for a little longer so a quick setup with no heavy wire work is mainly what I wanted. I probably won't make the purchase now since I don't have much time but when I return I'll buy the system and install it.

It's good I made this thread anyways because I want to buy a system for my parents house also.

Back
Top Bottom