Honda civic hatchback heads , and honda heads please enter. PICS

riverxbear

Banned
So i have been thinking of buying a car. I used to always roll Cadillac's from Devilles to El dogs.

but the gas millage has really turned me off on having an old school big body slab
frown.gif
smh.gif

I have been thinking of getting a Honda civic hatch back and tinting it and doing a motor swap and putting some HID lights on it and a good system.
Any one have any advice on one ? should i get an automatic ? should i try to find a old SI or does it even matter ? How is the Gas on them ?

i have seen tons of them with some mods from 1500-2500.

and there hondas so im guessing there good to go even if there at about 150 K because we all know they can run to about 300 K and the parts
are so easy to fix.

i want mine to look like this.

10037798_1.jpg

I like the way they look and not to many people have them. im tired of seeing civic 2 doors. i like the accord's because. The hatch backs are
different and i think they look cool im also a fan of the GTI VWs.

All I know is you better have an alarm system or something like that,or else they will come and take the car...or its parts..

Hatches are
pimp.gif

IMO I'd try to find a Honda that is stock or very near stock. Especially with Honda owners a LOT of them cheap out when they mod their cars or don't doproper maintenance etc but this could be the case even with a stock one but you dont have to worry about them half assing things and footing the bill later ondown the line. I say get a stock or near stock hatch and have a mechanic or Honda run all the test they can on it to insure everything is running right and ifthere is an issue with something they can tell you and you can go from there on potentially passing on it or bargaining to the price with the owner. Ifyou're going to go HID do NOT get a kit but go with a retrofit. You'll thank yourself and other drivers on the road will do the same.

If you don't have a garage like kidd said have a very good alarm but honestly you can drop 10k on the car and have it stolen within a blink of an eye soyou have to ask yourself if you're prepared for that if it happens.

Not only are they easy to fix but things are relatively inexpensive as well. What years are you looking at specifically? I'm assuming 92-95? 150k isn'ta lot for those if it has been properly maintained. I'm not sure how far you are trying to take it as far as modding goes.

Well considering your budget you'll be looking at an EG6.

Swap a B16 in there and call it a day.

If you can find an EK for cheap gopher it....

Here's the thing, as cheap as Hondas seem initially they get pricey when you start getting into the mods.

I bought my Type-R for 7K, however after I'm done doing what I want to do with it I'll have spent near 20K.

Do NOT get an automatic, well....

Actually...

It wouldn't matter if you're swapping.

HIDs are the new undercar neon glow lights. I can't stand when people put those on.

and yes get one as stock as possible cause they are often riced out. if you get a hatchback you definitely need a big time alarm system cause people will seeall your audio equipment and rip that stuff.

I use to have a 2000 White Hatch and I loved it. Just need some 15inch rims slammed with a lip, fog lights, and HID's and your good.

EFs, EGs, EKs... all beautiful shapes.

Everyones dropping in K's these days, im so jealous. Im still sticking to the B series though for now.

ill post pics tonight.

im not buying it to have the twin turbo mugen engine or anything like that.

i just want something i can mess with and roll on and toy around with that dont cost much.

i got a 95 Z-28 in my sights for next year with that LT-1.

How much does the motor swaps cost ? and i just want to tint the windows put a body kit all around and get some nice rims , and a nice bangin
system. and put a good pipe on it. then change the motor out.

So im guessing an EK is a 2000 honda civic front end ?

i dont do japanease cars one bit. but i have seen ALot of non moded ones for about 1500.

How much would it cost to do the whole light , lower , and rim package to the car ? like the one shown above.

Sixth generation Honda Civic (1996-2000) - EK

to answer your question, OP

RiverXBear wrote:

i want mine to look like this.

10037798_1.jpg

You want it to look like that riced out trash?

Its easy to make a corny, ricey looking Civic, its a challenge to make a clean looking one. That my friend, is trash.

They are dope cars when done right and have so much potential (power to weight ratio
pimp.gif
). Find a manual one and do it right please.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

So im guessing an EK is a 2000 honda civic front end ?

i dont do japanease cars one bit. but i have seen ALot of non moded ones for about 1500.

How much would it cost to do the whole light , lower , and rim package to the car ? like the one shown above.
light?

To lower the car you need some good lowering springs, its a Civic so theres a bunch of quality springs to get for it, since you arent into the import scene, Isuggest looking into Tein springs. Cheap and good quality. Rim package? Im assuming rim + tires. Dont be cheap and get a Rota rim/tire package for $900. Forgood QUALITY rims you are looking at $1500-$2000. For a Civic anyway thats the price range, then again, 15-16" rims might be cheaper than that. Forgetabout getting Advans, Works, Volks etc, those are $2500+, for a beater Civic just go look into Enkeis or something.

Dont put a body kit please, unless you know what you are doing, its just going to end up looking stupid.

How is the picture i posted Ricey ? no crazy wack stickers or anything else just a clean body kit with rims.

i would throw a carbon fiber hood on there to if i had the engine.

You should also invest money on a kill switch, wheel club lock, and if you're driving stick, a clutch lock. Since older hondas are easier to break into andsteal.

Back
Top Bottom