Hood Jewelry Spots vol. FTW? FTL?

nyfly1

Banned
I think you guys know what im talking about, the hood jewelry shops right in beteween the sneaker stores & video game stores and the Cell phone stores
Are these places legit? When i say legit, i mean sell real gold/silver?
Because Zales and Kay dont really have anything great.
Anyone actually bought anything from these Stores
Feedback

Yes they are real. For example, I've been to the ICEE FRESH and it's in a place like you described, just that the quality really depends on where yougo. Some places I've been to had really poor quality jewelry, whereas others like ICEE FRESH has high quality stuff.

what up with you and the jewelry threads these past few days? you been on the decline ever since you got had with that "one to rock, one to stock"line. seeing as how its 3/1, shouldnt your new sn be approved already?

Originally Posted by MvP07

I think he went to Jared.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*Waiting to be recognized by ben baller *
laugh.gif

I don't know about to much jewelry, but I do know that back in the days at the Colessium Mall on Jamaica Ave in Queens some, if not all/most, jewelers usedto mix their gold with something, maybe lead, to bring the weight up and nobody was the wiser.

This kid I knew worked with his uncle selling jewelry down their and he put me on to that.

its totally spot dependent, jewelery is a an nicredibly odd business. Spot like you named are ALWAYs straight highway robbery with their prices, and then thealternative can be a crap shoot. Jacob has been accused of fronting and hes still produced some of the games most amazing pieces. there are plenty of spotslike icee fresh that have grew out of so-called hoods that offer the best quality, and others that well sell chains that are 2 links real gold two links fake.its a funny game. Collesium was named in his post, but at the same time beenny and co which makes some dope stuff is in there as well.

I've owned about 50 thou in jewelery in my life, and in all honesty I'd say the best bet is to go with a jeweler whos has a name for making what youwant. kay doesn't really make jewelery for my tastes, nor do they really price by the market value so it was neevr my game. I got reffered to my jeweler asthe guy who did most of the real work for a bunch of famous jewelers on 46th street so I messed with him and hes always done me right. his spot isnt in theHOOD, but its not some famous named spot, just the jeweler himself was known his work so I rocked out. If you want a god price on a chain go to aplace knownfor sellin chains at a fair price. if you want a custom piece made to the standards of some of Calis elite holler at ben baller. best bet is to go out andcheck the market out. End of the day though if you want anything eyecatching expect to pay atleast 5 stacks given the way %+%@ is right now.

So the places in the colliseum arent legit?
thx every1 that helped

and y was colliseum the worst?

nerd.gif

i always thought they were real..but i get my *#@+ from the jewelry store inside beat street in downtown brooklyn..

Like JJ said, its spot dependent. You should always get on your homework though when coppin jewels...Jewelers will give you a price to see what you'reworking with, and then give some weak justification like "you know gold is so and so price right now?" The jewelry game is funny. A jeweler willshine a 10K piece up and tell you its 14 K. You really can't tell the difference. You should always ask to see the weight too. I walk into jewelry spotswith a nice pocket scale in hand. Don't sleep on hood spots though. I know some hood spots that let off some crazy #$% prices on good jewels, especiallychains.

When coppin a custom piece, its best to see the jewelers work. A lot of jewelers will show pre-manufactured stuff that ain't really their work. Or theysend it out to someone whose work they haven't shown you, so you're up in the air as to knowing what you're going to get. As I said, make sure youget on your homework. And if you on the East Coast and need the best in custom jewelery...get at me. I'm dead serious.

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

Like JJ said, its spot dependent. You should always get on your homework though when coppin jewels...Jewelers will give you a price to see what you're working with, and then give some weak justification like "you know gold is so and so price right now?" The jewelry game is funny. A jeweler will shine a 10K piece up and tell you its 14 K. You really can't tell the difference. You should always ask to see the weight too. I walk into jewelry spots with a nice pocket scale in hand. Don't sleep on hood spots though. I know some hood spots that let off some crazy #$% prices on good jewels, especially chains.

When coppin a custom piece, its best to see the jewelers work. A lot of jewelers will show pre-manufactured stuff that ain't really their work. Or they send it out to someone whose work they haven't shown you, so you're up in the air as to knowing what you're going to get. As I said, make sure you get on your homework. And if you on the East Coast and need the best in custom jewelery...get at me. I'm dead serious.
thx for the tip

anyone know anything about the shops in/around the colliseaum? ??i might be in Queens in a month or two

A lot of times they'll give you the "walking out the door" price which is exactly what its worth...hood spots jack the price up to and includingdouble what the scales estimate...they need the dough

if you in queens and you want something in colliseum go to benny and co. other then that holla at these NTers like jmoneybaggz and thejerseyshirt they know alot

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

if you in queens and you want something in colliseum go to benny and co. other then that holla at these NTers like jmoneybaggz and thejerseyshirt they know a lot
good looks
pimp.gif

i dealt with one dude in the collesium before, and his jewelry is legit. i dont know if he's still there, but he had alsot of returning customers spendingstacks. he always hooked it up. but i never understood why go to the collesium when u spending 50-100K?? anyway, another place i would recommend is aviannes inthe diamond disctrict. expect to pay alot more but they got good stuff.

and NYfly1, u got 287 posts, about 200 of them are new threads you started lol

Originally Posted by AQPHAME

i dealt with one dude in the collesium before, and his jewelry is legit. i dont know if he's still there, but he had alsot of returning customers spending stacks. he always hooked it up. but i never understood why go to the collesium when u spending 50-100K?? anyway, another place i would recommend is aviannes in the diamond disctrict. expect to pay alot more but they got good stuff.

and NYfly1, u got 287 posts, about 200 of them are new threads you started lol
lol what were the prices on his jewels? do u remember?

it matters, the cleaner the diamonds look, the pricier it is. and gold is going up daily, so u cant compare prices of gold from when i last saw it.

SHARPSTOWN MALL has atleast 25 jewelry stores/booths....including TV Jewelry.

+%%% one section of the mall is JUST jewelry stores (stein mart). Shaprstown Mall FTW. If you ever in Houston, you needa swing through.

it's not stein mart, it's shawn mart. i think they have other stuff too like cell phone stuff? the place you're thinking of is the jewelry exchangecenter...that place is 100% jewelry. it's so cut throat there though so i don't know if i'd trust everything every jeweler there will say.

Back
Top Bottom