Hot 97 Mock Battle - Jay-Z vs DMX

Watched this earlier and they did a much better job than that 50 vs Ja crap that turned into a Ja roast. Still think there’s some other songs they could have chose, but that just makes me realize then actually going against each other would need to be a longer battle.

Jay-Z “One In A Million”

DMX feat Sheek “Get At Me Dog”

Jay-Z feat Biggie “Brooklyn’s Finest”

DMX feat The LOX, Mase, & Black Rob “24 Hours To Live

Jay-Z feat Foxy Brown “Ain’t No *****”

DMX/Jay-Z “Money Cash ****”

Jay-Z “Dead Presidents”

DMX feat. Mase & The LOX “*****z Done Started Something”

Jay-Z “Public Service Announcement”

DMX “Ruff Ryders Anthem”

Jay-Z & Kanye West “****** In Paris”

DMX “Party Up”

Jay-Z “Where I’m From”

DMX “Stop Being Greedy”

Jay-Z feat UGK “Big Pimpin”

DMX “What’s My Name”

Jay-Z “You Don’t Know”

DMX (???????)

Jay-Z “The Story Of OJ”

DMX “Slippin”

Last edited:
versus battle suppose to be 20 songs each.... Jay-z got a strong 20. DMX is going to be struggling 11-20 hits

I liked X better growing up, his songs always hit harder and meant more to me. But Jay damn near has a whole other decade of hits on top of the hits he is matching for X's prime/run.

I’d take X

A lot of Jay’s music over the last 15 years could go. Some of it is great but a lot of it isn’t so if I did a battle, I wouldn’t even play anything from Jay that’s recent

I’m also playing different X and Jay records

When Hov records were really ringing off DMX was know where to be found. It's just that simple. Initially DMX and Nore had them crazy records at the beginning but nah, not even close.

Jay v Ye or Drake are the only "worthwhile" contenders.

The thing is even though he had hits at the same time as X none of them were better.

So if it's 20 rounds and yall saying X dont got 20 he at least going 10-0 to start.

Back
Top Bottom