Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

Much needed win. Team is so damn random and inconsistent this year it's mindboggling. This win was very similar to the Jazz win a couple weeks back. Verge of losing 3 in a row, and they surprise us all :lol:

CP3 looked like the old CP3 tonight, again.
Tuck was phenomenal on both ends of the floor.
Gordon hit timely shots.
You can tell Clint is still a bit rusty but he makes a big difference with his presence alone.
Faried being able to play stretch 4 is quite the wrinkle/surprise though.

Glad they stepped up. Harden getting rest in a road win is about as perfect as an outcome you could hope for.

Next 3 should be a cakewalk. After that we have 3 in a row against the East's cream of the crop.

Faried shooting 3s is most definitely something I didn’t expect :lol: fantastic win. They pretty much imposed their will on them, and even when they lost the lead, you didn’t feel like they hung their heads, they dig deep and grinded it out. PJ showing up offensively was great, and seems to always do that against them. Loved seeing how Faried and Capela played together. Something we haven’t seen in awhile. I know people that were trying to claim if we attempted that lineup, it would go the way of Dwight/Asik, but I felt there was no way in hell in would be like that. Paul and EG looked great. If any player in the league needs load management, it’s Harden. Dude has given every thing to this team.

I’d prefer for Harden to sit this game too, but oh well. Can’t take this Hawks team lightly. Ideally and realistically, they should be able to just put them away early. But y’all know we like to make things difficult, and it doesn’t help that the Hawks are one of those scrappy young energetic teams the Rockets hate facing.

and like i said before...the timing of it all will get lost in the mvp discussion. the mvp race is more about who finishes the season strongest, but imo there's absolutely no debate about who the mvp should be this year.

yeah the rebounding and defense was great with them in, but we'll see how this lineup finally looks with faried off the bench

This is why I've done more DVR backtracking of Rockets games instead of watching from start to finish, cause of **** like this. They went from being up 15 to down 7 within a span of no time at all, and of course this lukewarm content **** MDA continues to not call time outs cause he likes his guys to "work through it". Regardless of how this season goes, I'm not sure I want MDA sticking around much longer if he's gonna continue to be a ****ing rockhead like that.

These guys came into last night’s game the healthiest they’ve been in weeks, and left with multiple injuries. This is insane.

There’s no reason not to have Hartenstein, Clark, and Edwards in the lineup tonight. I’ll be disgusted if MDA just extends everybody’s minutes minutes.

Some outrageously lazy basketball in the first half, and now I’ll have it on Netflix for the remainder of the game. They have turned the ball over at a rapid rate like there’s 5 Jeremy Lins on the court, and they’re letting the Heat get anything they want in the paint, including fouls. Real garbage basketball being played and I’d hate being a paying viewer at TC tonight.

great comeback...especially with okc hopefully about to lose to philly tonight. can't believe miami didn't foul at the end lol. down 3 and harden gets the loose ball rebound. couple guys come up to him with like 4 seconds left and just look around and let time run out. it's like everyone in the league is so focused on not letting harden get milestones that they'd rather just give up the game. same thing with the hawks basically. it's a long shot, but they could have fouled to extend the game, but trae started screaming out DONT FOUL so harden wouldn't get to 30. tonight they didn't foul to keep him under 60. he played great, but took some bad shots at the end trying to ice the game from like 35 feet away. the defense got a lot better as a whole in the second half which let us come back though.

yeah i think i'd prefer gordon coming off the bench. great scoring punch off the bench.

cp
harden
clark
tucker
capela

gordon
faried
rivers
green
shumpert

man i used to hate rivers, but i've fallen in love with him. dude plays good, tough d. he's also super quick. just kind of inconsistent with the 3 ball. great pickup though.

Back
Top Bottom