Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

Honestly thought Gordon would struggle defensively. Ended up clamping Mitchell :pimp:

This is it. No more excuses from us against the Warriors. We wanted a chance to run it back healthy, plenty rest...and with no Boogie

Here it is.

This hype video is cold af. Especially if you watched Endgame (no spoilers).

Rockets in 6

I still like this one, thought it was fantastic, but I wish they had included PJ in it instead of Joe Johnson :lol:

Due to the very early start I'll unfortunately be missing the entire game cause of work, I just hope by the time I check my phone it says "Rockets steal game 1 125-121"

Already know the final score and everything, but I’m backtracking the game and finished watching the first half where it’s all tied 53-53. Won’t discuss any ref stuff cause it’s already been discussed whether on here, twitter, or the commentators themselves, so I’ll just focus solely on the Rockets. PJ can’t have a goose egg in 39 minutes of play. His offense is important to this team. He needed anywhere from 6-12 points. Capela was pretty much a nonfactor. He looked like he had a virus again. Also, he was a reason Draymond was so good offensively. Draymond Green, especially in 2019, should never have free runs to the rim, nor score on jumpers.

Yeah Capela was super disappointing yesterday. Looked lethargic. Seemed like he was scared to go back up with the ball after a couple of those offensive boards too. Gotta see more P&R with him and Beard next game.

Hopefully these guys get it together and simply focus on scoring. You can’t do anything about the refs, but you can surely defend, score, and be productive no matter who is on the court and for how long. Can’t let missed calls rattle you.

So two techs and 3 missed FTs combined for Harden and Paul this last game (finally finished the 2nd half. That’s no good from 2 of your leaders. Need to correct that, the offensive rebounds they gave up, and general recognition of plays this game. They gave up way to many easy baskets from Draymond, Iggy and Looney.

And they’re doing exactly what they shouldn’t be doing. Getting absolutely killed on the boards. McKinnie and Iggy should never produce that much offense

keep getting stops this next half and actually grab the rebound and we'll have a shot. 14 offensive rebounds in the first half smh.

As much as we play Moreyball you cant let the opponents shoot more shots than you.

Turnovers and Rebounds

As an optimist, I'm glad these dudes continued to fight and not get blown out despite getting outhustled and outplayed. We've played two ****ty games so far and a play or two late or our stars hitting clutch 3's and we might've won at least one.

However, we have no chance if Clint is going to continue to be soft as hell. He can't not play at a borderline all-star level against the death lineup. House playing himself out of a bag being scared of the moment. Shump was legit one of the worst trades we made. I hate that guy. Faried and Green are huge liabilities on defense and their offense hasn't been good enough to keep them in the game. CP has been okay, but not nearly as good or aggressive as last year. Harden, all in all, hasn't played too bad but he hasn't been great either. He was admirable despite the eye issue but I hope he forces the issue. Go out on your own terms if no one else is helping.

GS made an adjustment of trapping Harden to half-court. I need MDA to develop a counter to that. I'd personally like Harden to aggressively and quickly attack the trap than to let it happen and force making an errant read. Same **** teams used to do to Dame because he had no other ballhandlers.

We have a lower floor than last year, but a higher ceiling. No margin for error now. We need that ceiling and the role players to show up. No excuses, they gotta get it done. Been legit playing like *** for 5 straight games now. Fans will be rightfully jaded but I hope they give us the homecourt we need. I will most likely be out there for game 3.

House and shump have become absolutely unplayable. I’d like to give House one more shot at home, because when he plays well it’s such a ****ing boost.

Capela needs to man the **** up. Stop playing so goddamn soft all the time.

Rivers was huge tonight. Need cp3 to be more aggressive, but take care of the ball. Same with harden.

We can’t let iggy and draymond score 16 and 15 when they averaged less than half of that in the regular season.

Iggy and Draymond doing what they did was disgusting. They essentially beat the Rockets. One of my pet peeves. You can live with Steph, Klay, or KD getting hot and beating you, but 15 and 16 from those two, especially Iggy shouldn’t happen. The Rockets once again didn’t do the little things in order to get this win. Too many times they gave up very easy points and didn’t grab the rebounds like they should have. Also, it was so irritating when they’d get to within 3, then go back down 8 to 10 due to an ill advised shot or being out hustled. The officiating was generally fair, the Rockets just got out hustled on too many plays. Any points guys like McKinnie, Jerebko, and Looney get end up being major blows towards the end of the game.

Ditto to House. He needs to be a factor at home, along with Faried, and even Shumpert. GSW protected homecourt, so the Rockets need to find a way to do the same. Props to Rivers and EG. They were truly busting their asses out there. Same with Harden for gutting it out after that eye injury. Just has to have that same aggressiveness and find a way to even this series.

Also, Capela was pissing me off so much despite him having a better game. Continued to let Draymond Punk him. It was gross watching him be soft rookie Capela again.

Can someone explain why Faried is getting benched?? Could really use his energy right now and I can live with him matching up with Draymond. Am I missing something?

Also agree Capela is underperforming. Like a completely different player from this time last year :smh:

Last edited:
Can someone explain why Faried is getting benched?? Could really use his energy right now and I can live with him matching up with Draymond. Am I missing something?

Also agree Capela is underperforming. Like a completely different player from this time last year :smh:

Only thing I can think of is maybe the possible switches onto him with Curry, but if that's the case, you did you have Nene in the other game when Curry hit that 3 on him at a crucial point in the game??

Faried basically the power forward Gerald Green without the ability to catch fire from 3. His energy honestly hasn't even been that good in the limited stints.

At this point, you might as well play Clark...has size to rebound, can defend, and can't possibly be a bigger liability than house/shump so far on the offensive end. house/shump should get a quarter/half leash like last game. I doubt MDA does it though

Back
Top Bottom