****HOUSTON, TEXAS NTers check in please***Vol. Sights to see

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Houston, TX
pimp.gif

But anyways, I'm going to be a secondary math teacher and am training at the University of Houston for like a month and 4 days. So, what are some things to do in H-Town that are in close proximity to U of H on Wheeler Street. Also, is U of H near downtown, close to any parks, a metro rail, etc. I'm bringing my car btw. I'm from Ohio, went to school in North Carolina, but have never been to Texas. What is it like? What should I be aware of?

I also want to know some good soul food/BBQ spots, the location of sexy females, night clubs that aren't hood AT ALL and have a nice vibe. Appreciate it NT!!!

Edit: Thought about taking this thread to Regional, but
eyes.gif

I got you homie...

Houston is a big loop. You'll be centrally located for the most part and will be in 3rd Ward, one of many hoods in the H. It ain't THAT bad in theTrey just be aware of your surroundings. Wheeler Ave. is adjacent to Scott St. which is parallel to Cullen. These are the two main streets that run through3rd Ward and they basically will get you in and out the Trey to major freeways. You are about 10 minutes from downtown and if you're in about a 3 storybuilding on campus you'll feel like downtown is walking distance away.

Parks nearby - Hermann Park is the nicest one close to your location. The zoo and all that is in that area as well. Thats all located in themedical center right across 288 from you.

Malls & Shopping - The Galleria is about 15 minutes from you as well. This is the best mall with the most selection of stores and"premium" clothes. (Gucci, LV, etc...) It's big and ALWAYS has some bad ones walking around so don't go there dressed bummy. Sharpstown,Greenspoint, and Almeda are the three hood malls that sell nothing but urban gear and ALL the J's. If you need to know which malls are gonna get a certainrelease, guarantee one of these three will.

Exclusive Kicks - Premium Goods in Rice Village about 10 mins from you. This is definitely an NT type store. lol...Active Athlete has threelocations and they usually get everything but they usually overcharge by alot. They got alot of gear too though and they owned by Arabs so they'll bargainwith you a lil.
laugh.gif

Food - We got damn near any restaurant you can think of but for SOULFOOD...FRENCHY'S CHICKEN. From where you are,you'll be able to smell the chicken in class. Straight up it's basically on the corner of Wheeler and Scott and they got some of the best chicken inHouston. It's a SHACK and they ain't got the friendliest service but they stay packed for good reason. They got multiple "fast food type"locations now but the OG is by you and it's the best so you good. Hit up Frenchy's as soon as you get there bruh.

Clubs - Just hit downtown. Main St. Or hit up Midtown. Downtown will be more CLUBBY....Midtown will be more barhop type atmosphere.

It's BAD females everywhere in Houston mayne all you gotta do is step outside and move around a lil bit. Believe me, you ain't gotta search hard cuzthey ain't hidin.

Other than that man it's a million things to do in or around the H. For outdoor fun hit up Galveston to the South or Lake Conroe to the North. For nicescenic areas hit up the Woodlands on the North or Sugarland on the South West.

Try to stay off the freeways during the week from about 7am-9am and 4pm-6:30pm. TRAFFIC IS A $%%%+.
Bring some cool clothes and sunblock and be prepared for the humidity. The heat ain't the killer it's the humidity that gets you. Dallas got HEAT,Houston got HUMIDITY.
laugh.gif

Stay outta 5th Ward, certain parts of the 3rd, Greenspoint, Acres Homes, Sharpstown, etc...if you ain't with somebody you know

Follow them rules mayne and you'll be aight. Hope this helps.

H-Tine BABAY!
pimp.gif

- Preciate it.

The Galleria is the best mall in Houston.
Go there and pick up some stuff for yourself.
A good neighborhood is The Woodlands.

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

This just in, Houston heads:

Did you hear about Mattress Mack?

Apparently, he hired someone to kill an employee that was going to sue him!
roll.gif
Mattress Mack on that Enron +$% At work people were saying he burned down his store and was about to go down on tax evasion. I remember he wouldbe on campus @ UH talking about being an honest dude and stuff...smh

Shopping- Galleria, and this shopping center in Sugarland. Both are full of bad females and nice stores. And DON'T go to Sharpstown mall.
Food- Frenchy's, Timmy Chans, Papadeaux, and Breakfast Klub is a must.
Clubs- If you want a nice club that's a cool chill spot hit up Butterfly Lounge. But if you're looking to have a real good time go to any club that DjMr. Rogers is spinning at.

For shopping the Galleria is a must, before you go, dress nice cause there's chicks everywhere and be sure you got a lot of time on your hands because thismall is HUGE. I've been ALL around the country and I gotta say this mall has to be in the top 5. Memorial is nice too. Katy Mills mall is an outlet mallbut they got a lot of good stuff and its very big. They got a Polo outlet fyi. For food you have to check out the Houston exlusives: Frenchies for the Chicken,Timmy Chans for Wings and Rice (both of these are hood joints btw) and I'm surprised no one has mentioned JAMES CONEY ISLAND. They have THE BEST chili dogsand cheese fries you have got to try it. Traffic sucks so I don't even go out on the road from 5-7 to tell you the truth. There's many clubs, forfriendly spots I recommend going downtown. For some hood spots the SouthWest is your best bet. Also watch out the cops are D-Holes. If you have any rims over20 inches, 2 tone paint or a bangin system then prepare to be pulled over and be searched from head to toe and bumper to bumper for no reason. The weather hereis crazy lame. One week in December it was 70 degrees one day, it rained the next day, and then snowed the day after. I hope you have a good AC in yur carbecause it averages 100+ highs in July. The Humidity only makes it worse.

Taqueria Del Sol if you want good, inexpensive mexican food. It's on the i-45 s on parkplace/broadway.

frenchies is ok timmy chans is disgusting,

pandora and escobar are the nice clubs, upscale.

everything else has been said...

And what is this "lean" you guys speak of?

I've heard of it in videos, but what's in it?

Doubt I'll get some because I gotta be up at 6AM every morning teaching kids geometry and Pre-calc
laugh.gif

Houston, TX
pimp.gif

But anyways, I'm going to be a secondary math teacher and am training at the University of Houston for like a month and 4 days. So, what are some things to do in H-Town that are in close proximity to U of H on Wheeler Street. Also, is U of H near downtown, close to any parks, a metro rail, etc. I'm bringing my car btw. I'm from Ohio, went to school in North Carolina, but have never been to Texas. What is it like? What should I be aware of?

I also want to know some good soul food/BBQ spots, the location of sexy females, night clubs that aren't hood AT ALL and have a nice vibe. Appreciate it NT!!!

Edit: Thought about taking this thread to Regional, but
eyes.gif
Scott Gertner's Sports Bar on Wed
Scott Gertner's Sky Bar on Friday

As the name implies it's an upscale bar on top of a skyscraper. You need to come correct if you plan on going to Sky Bar.

If you want a more casual experience, try Butter Fly lounge or Ibar on Saturday.

Doubt I'll get some because I gotta be up at 6AM every morning teaching kids geometry and Pre-calc
laugh.gif

Well..."Lean" also known as "Drank", "Purple Stuff", "Purp" or "Sizzurp" is prescription strength cough syrup(Promethyzine & Codine to be specific) that is a very popular drug in houston. Its very hard to find anywhere else and even here in houston you reallygotta have a connect to find it. It comes in 2 standard sizes: an "ace" which is one ounce for around $40 or a "duece" which is 2 ouncesfor around $80. U put it in a styro foam cup, mix it with you drink of choice (sprite is the standard) and throw a jolly rancher in it. It tastes great and youwon't want it to end. sip it slow and jam some screw and you're all set. Its a downer so plan on going to sleep wherever you're sipping it at, andcertainly don't drive after drinking it. I used to drink it but I found out I have some heart problems so I stopped because I don't wanna end up likePimp C or Big Moe.

Originally Posted by AJMasta

laugh.gif

Well..."Lean" also known as "Drank", "Purple Stuff", "Purp" or "Sizzurp" is prescription strength cough syrup (Promethyzine & Codine to be specific) that is a very popular drug in houston. Its very hard to find anywhere else and even here in houston you really gotta have a connect to find it. It comes in 2 standard sizes: an "ace" which is one ounce for around $40 or a "duece" which is 2 ounces for around $80. U put it in a styro foam cup, mix it with you drink of choice (sprite is the standard) and throw a jolly rancher in it. It tastes great and you won't want it to end. sip it slow and jam some screw and you're all set. Its a downer so plan on going to sleep wherever you're sipping it at, and certainly don't drive after drinking it. I used to drink it but I found out I have some heart problems so I stopped because I don't wanna end up like Pimp C or Big Moe.
damn...80 for duece...homie rippin me off...if i could find it for cheaper then it's on...hard to find stuff...

galleria's your best bet...stay out of sharpstown and be safe on campus...heard they raped a dude down there last semester...

Originally Posted by Dreamer23

laugh.gif

Well..."Lean" also known as "Drank", "Purple Stuff", "Purp" or "Sizzurp" is prescription strength cough syrup (Promethyzine & Codine to be specific) that is a very popular drug in houston. Its very hard to find anywhere else and even here in houston you really gotta have a connect to find it. It comes in 2 standard sizes: an "ace" which is one ounce for around $40 or a "duece" which is 2 ounces for around $80. U put it in a styro foam cup, mix it with you drink of choice (sprite is the standard) and throw a jolly rancher in it. It tastes great and you won't want it to end. sip it slow and jam some screw and you're all set. Its a downer so plan on going to sleep wherever you're sipping it at, and certainly don't drive after drinking it. I used to drink it but I found out I have some heart problems so I stopped because I don't wanna end up like Pimp C or Big Moe.
damn...80 for duece...homie rippin me off...if i could find it for cheaper then it's on...hard to find stuff...

galleria's your best bet...stay out of sharpstown and be safe on campus...heard they raped a dude down there last semester...

indifferent.gif
The hell is goin on at U o H?

Originally Posted by gescobe

Taqueria Del Sol if you want good, inexpensive mexican food. It's on the i-45 s on parkplace/broadway.
Taqueria Del Sol is sooooo good.

Anyway, I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said.

Big sippa right here... Alot been said of things to hit up if you like mexican hit guadalajaras restaurant in the northside on irvington on fridays it bepacked with females just drinking it up.. And The H clowns all. And purp doesnt come in standard sizes like boy said up there jus depends how much u wanna sipand spend.. Its called expensive taste down here in my side the north we sip by the pints.. not aces and deuces..

Originally Posted by MHT214

Originally Posted by Dreamer23

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
The hell is goin on at U o H?

Some dude passed out after some
pimp.gif
at a friends apt. He woke up with rectal pains.
smh.gif

Houston is cool and all, but man everything is so far apart. You'll die without a car with good a/c.
Check out, Memorial City, Post Oaks, Sugarland, Woodlands, Midtown, Bellaire, Downtown(it got better over the years), Clear Lake, Galveston and have a blast.

when are you going to be in houston fam? im telling you where you are going to be is my hood, 3rd ward. thats my stomping grounds and to let you know off topyou gone be around the corner from my high school and some projects called the cuney homes. be safe homie, aye you wanna buy some calculators? i got ti 84z andti 83z...going for cheap.

Originally Posted by MHT214

O'rly???

Forgot About Jae wrote:
Dallas is garbage, full of hoodrats and bisexual thugs
smh.gif

���

I think you should stop by Dallas,Tx and kick it before heading down to Houston mayne....

DallasSkyline.jpg

*Houston's aight though...
What is that building in the picture with the green lights all over it?

I always see it on cheaters lol

most people who are answering you are teenagers.. if you like the whole bar scene check out sherlocks/baker street on west grey.. they got live music onsaturdays.you might also want to check out christians tailgate on a wendsday.. same on west grey. alot of the clubs, depends on what you are in the mood for..club scene in houston dies from time to time so u gotta be on the up. downtown scene is dead unless.. unless you like hip hop and all that.. theres a few spotsu might wanna check into but only if u really REALLY like hip hop.. most of the good clubs left are in midtown and got some few spots popping up in woodlandsnow. mma and sports period is big in houston so pretty much any sports bar you go to when a huge fight or sports events happens will be dope. if you like thatsort of stuff try fox and hound by willowbrook. mixed crowd and place gets pretty packed. as far as women they are everywhere man.. not gonna be to hard tofind.. like people mention before jus bring shorts cuz it gets mad hot over here. and you are just in time for hurricane season as well lol so thats gonna suckfor you. jus tell me what kind of music you like and i can pretty much send you that direction.

youll love it here bro.

Originally Posted by JO HOUSTONE

Big sippa right here... Alot been said of things to hit up if you like mexican hit guadalajaras restaurant in the northside on irvington on fridays it be packed with females just drinking it up.. And The H clowns all. And purp doesnt come in standard sizes like boy said up there jus depends how much u wanna sip and spend.. Its called expensive taste down here in my side the north we sip by the pints.. not aces and deuces..
no hate bro but we can tell u dont buy lean.. he got what its going for on the point. and lean was never that expensive.. i remember when u couldget a o for 20-25 bucks.. rappers made it cool thats why price up..
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom