how can i become a good christian?

Because that man said his peace and left, something I will now do, something that many others have done, and something you can't seem to do. You have derailed the thread with your second post of "go to rap award shows". You have completed your mission.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Because that man said his peace and left, something I will now do, something that many others have done, and something you can't seem to do. You have derailed the thread with your second post of "go to rap award shows". You have completed your mission.

What are you afraid of young whippa snappa? Isn't resisting tempation part of the Christian doctrine. Doesn't your God challenge you with temptation? The only reason you're calling me out in this thread has to do with insecurity and doubt. If OP wants to become a Christian he knows EXACTLY where to go yet he came to Niketalk. I wonder why that is?

I used to think the Christians that stopped me on campus to try and convert me were mad annoying. Turns out the attention starved atheists are worse

Originally Posted by Jigga Boi

You're asking NT? LOL LOL

Did my man not see the other 20 religious threads on this website? I'm surprised putty isn't in here yet, he must have homework
grin.gif

But seriously OP I suggest you figure out what kinda human being you are before looking into Christianity. Most people's values simply get strengthened by their religions. If you're a good person religion can strengthen your values, and if you're a horrible human being the bible can do the same.

what does all that +%!% you even said even mean. and when you finally find "how to be a better christian", disect your actions and thought process and ask again what does it even mean. is there a purpose other than making you feel better for yourself? why now do it, when you want to? you think religion is a hobby?

yes im semi-mad lol. im on a holiday trip to the philippines and its jesus everywhere. the things i hear and had to go to
indifferent.gif

tombout lets go to church at 4am so my wish can come true and +%!%

theists dont read anyway.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Jigga Boi

You're asking NT? LOL LOL

Did my man not see the other 20 religious threads on this website? I'm surprised putty isn't in here yet, he must have homework
grin.gif

But seriously OP I suggest you figure out what kinda human being you are before looking into Christianity. Most people's values simply get strengthened by their religions. If you're a good person religion can strengthen your values, and if you're a horrible human being the bible can do the same.
Wow I agree with you
eek.gif

Dont worry your manz is coming
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NikeAir45

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

If you use the Bible as a tool to improve your life, it's great. If you let it dictate your life without filter, it'll turn you into one of those idiots who don't believe in dinosaurs.

If you have God within you, and you apply common sense to the Bible, it can be an invaluable tool.
If you're trying to be a devout Christian, you're supposed to let the Bible dictate your life without filter. You're not supposed to question what it says. If you're just looking to the Bible for a little bit of guidance in your life, chances are that you already have some idea of what you consider to be moral because you're going to have to decide what should be taken seriously and what shouldn't. 

That's true but you still gotta read the Bible in context. You gotta study it. You gotta read whole chapters and not just nit-pick verses. You gotta look at it as a whole and take into account the time period they were living in and the culture at the time.

As for the OP, maybe a couple books could help you get started off. Im guessing you already know the basics of Christianity so I'm not gonna reccomend any baby-christian books. Some good books I've read though are Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis and A Purpose Driven Life by Pastor Rick Warren. Start off with those and read your Bible too(maybe get a study bible?) but read commentary too with it. I know its a lot but I just said a lot of stuff so you can have options. Alright God bless homie.

smokin.gif

finding a church you can call home with a solid, nurturing community is absolutely necessary.

OP, Why Christianity, as opposed to other perspectives on the Abrahamic God of the bible?

The Jews had the first perspective...and the muslims have the most recent perspective...Christianity is the awkward middle child of theological representation.

I appreciate all the serious responses and even the cynical ones because part of me feels like the Bible is a fairy tale mixed with barbarism. It's not that I want to be a " Christian" per se but i definitely want to be more spiritual. Maybe I think it will give me closure and bring me closer to God whoever that is.

Mmmm bait, yum. Learn Aramaic. Study the Aramaic Bible as well as the lost text that were thrown out. Always know that if there is a God, you are apart of Hova and vice versa. So any knowledge that you seek can be found...

Originally Posted by jhova718

I appreciate all the serious responses and even the cynical ones because part of me feels like the Bible is a fairy tale mixed with barbarism. It's not that I want to be a " Christian" per se but i definitely want to be more spiritual. Maybe I think it will give me closure and bring me closer to God whoever that is.

look within yourself. You don't need fabricated stories designed to control the way you think, sleep, eat and make you sheep.

You have all the answers.

Pick a televangelist, watch religiously, donate 20 percent of earned income, vote republican and prosper in eternal peace with da man upstairs..

Back
Top Bottom