how come Dat Nguyen didn't get as much hype as Linsanity?

No Datsanity?
because social media wasn't no where near it was in Nguyen's heyday?

azn guy playing linebacker in the NFL > azn pg in the NBA

dude even wifed up a blond girl

dat-and-becky-nguyen.jpg

China/Taiwan > Vietnam
Starting 5 on New York Knicks > 1 position (other than qb) on cowboys
social media now > social media then

There was an old video on Youtube in which he called an audible on 3rd down in the redzone which saved a TD.
I think it was vs. the Eagles.

Guy was undersized too.
I always root for guys like that.
Appreciated.

football had rudy. but seriously, nyc. maybe if he played qb instead

Asians prefer basketball.

NFL isn't global. Even here, Asians don't really like football as much as they love hoops.

Dat was the anchor of our defense for so long...Sean Lee reminds me of him on the field. But to answer your question...different time period.

Many contributing factors. For one, not being on the field most of the time. Even when he was the tv camera doesn't focus on where defensive players are, they follow the ball. The helmet, football helmets hide players' faces. He wasn't a quarterback, so he was never the face of his team. There's more but those are just naming a few.

I think a lot of responses in here are good, yet missing the most fundamental/obvious reason that Dat Nguen didnt get as much hype as Linsanity.

Dat Nguyen wasnt even on the same level as Lin was in terms of dominating the sport. Hard to argue that Lin wasnt playing like an elite player for that initial two week stretch. Dat Nguyen was never on that level. Ever.

For a variety of reasons that have been listed already:
One of many players on a roster that has over 50 players compared to Lin being on a 12 man roster.

Social media was nowhere near what it is now.

No questioning his heart and being a scrappy player who was very consistent but he didn't dominate the NFL for any period of time like Lin had his run back in Feb. 

Unless, they're star QB's, NBA players get way more face time and exposure compared to NFL players for # of reasons like someone above stated, Dat was hidden under a helmet so his face wasn't visible on tv like Lin is for being a basketball player.

While he did play for the Cowboys, they were garbage teams the majority of his career so there was never really opps for media to hype him up like they could've if they had been consistent playoff contenders during his time there. 

This would've been totally different if he was the starting QB and not just one of several starting LB's.

I'm Vietnamese if it matters 
laugh.gif
. Kanye Shrug. But Dat Nguyen was the man though. Shame his career got cut short early. 

Lin had one of the best starts in NBA history. Nguyyen didn't.

/Thread

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

/Thread

Lin rode the bench and was traded and released before he played well those two weeks.

that guy was a beast. I remember watching the big 12 championship game and becoming a fan.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

/Thread

Lin rode the bench and was traded and released before he played well those two weeks.

And that has what to do with his start? The time that he wasn't playing is not pertinent to my point at all.

What do you mean? You said he had on of the best starts in NBA history....when in fact his start consisted of him averaging like 2 mins a game for the warriors then getting released

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

/Thread

And that has what to do with his start? The time that he wasn't playing is not pertinent to my point at all.

Back
Top Bottom