How Come When We Talk About Classics FISHSCALE Never Get Bought Up???

one of the best albums to drop from the Wu camp...can play front to back...dope beats and dudes storytelling was superb...not a wack track...
imo > Supreme Clientele

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

imo > Supreme Clientele

2193mg5.gif

It's very arguable either way. The only reason I prefer Fishscale over SC is cause I've listened to it track for track more
than SC, but SC has the better standout tracks.

Shakey dog
Whip you with a strap
Clipse of doom
Underwater
Momma
Three bricks

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Loved the DOOM & Dilla produced tracks on here... He has a lot of heat buried in his catalog going in over some of their beats.
smokin.gif

While it is a great album... let's calm that "> Supreme Clientele" stuff down... I mean WAAAAAAAY down.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Shakey dog
Whip you with a strap
Clipse of doom
Underwater
Momma
Three bricks

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Loved the DOOM & Dilla produced tracks on here... He has a lot of heat buried in his catalog going in over some of their beats.
smokin.gif
No 9 Milli Bros, RAGU or Crack Spot?
I think this discussion shows how great these 2 albums (and his discography as a whole) are. You're really just comparing a 10 to a 9.

Street Chemistry
pimp.gif
 Nutmeg
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
 Saturday Nite
pimp.gif
 Wu Banga 101
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I am a Ghost fan and Fishscale is a solid album (4/5) but its not a classic and its not better than Supreme Clientele.

If you want to talk about a Ghost album that is actually better than Fishscale and gets no respect its The Pretty Toney album. Album is close to classic status IMO.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

It's very arguable either way. The only reason I prefer Fishscale over SC is cause I've listened to it track for track more
than SC, but SC has the better standout tracks.
THIS RIGHT HERE
i just feel like it rides a lot better...not saying SC is weak at all, i just prefer FS...and i always felt TPTA got it's proper due...Ghostface is pretty underrated in general...

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Shakey dog
Whip you with a strap
Clipse of doom
Underwater
Momma
Three bricks

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smokin.gif
No 9 Milli Bros, RAGU or Crack Spot?
I think this discussion shows how great these 2 albums (and his discography as a whole) are. You're really just comparing a 10 to a 9.

Street Chemistry
pimp.gif
 Nutmeg
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
 Saturday Nite
pimp.gif
 Wu Banga 101
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Im a fan of those as well
smokin.gif
Those tracks are just my go to songs off the album.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

As far as all the SC talk... That's my favorite Ghost album... Pretty much flawless, imo. Guess it all depends on preference because he has straight heat in his catalog, very consistent. Probably right behind Rae in terms of most consistent with solo albums from the Wu.

Nah, %%#+$! always slept on wu-tangs solo projects minus Meth, even someone as popular as Ghost

Fishscale wasn't no damn classic. It had a 6-7 solid tracks and the rest were bleh.

Supreme Clientele and Ironman are way beyond Fishscale.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Fishscale wasn't no damn classic. It had a 6-7 solid tracks and the rest were bleh.

rappers today wish a critic would say they got 7 solid tracks even if the album had 24 or so joints on it
laugh.gif

but what you said is true, just goes to show how raw ghost been
smokin.gif

what are these "bleh" tracks you speak of???

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

what are these "bleh" tracks you speak of???
I wanna know what "bleh" tracks too
laugh.gif
 "Be Easy" was the only one I never really listened to, and it's not even a bad track.
Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I don't even own "Fishscale". I heard some of the singles, and shy'ed away from it.
I'm sure if "Be Easy" & "Back Like That" were the only two songs I heard, i probably wouldn't have bought it either, since they were the worst songs on there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I don't even own "Fishscale". I heard some of the singles, and shy'ed away from it.
c'mon son...you know you can't just know what the single is and single that out to be the reason of what he's about...like Peep said, those probably the two least liked songs on the album, but pop it in and i guarantee by track 5, you'll be hooked...

I've loved fish scale since the day it dropped, bought the actual CD.

But it don't compare to Supreme Clientele. Not even close really.

Back
Top Bottom