How did gas just go from $3.99 to $3.49...

alien.gif

Summer hasn't officially started yet so it could go back up really soon and it might not be pretty.

0.50 cents tho? Cmon now, I know that's a huge difference. I'm not mad that it's less, but when it goes back up again - it's another thing I gotta worry about - again.

Somewhat normal fluctuation on oil futures. Dipped because the dollar strengthened and demand stalled. I believe oil will steadily rise again during the third quarter.

I didn't want to get too happy but all of a sudden it went from like 4.01 down to 3.85. So, hopefully it does keep going down.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with new central bank of Libya being open.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_of_Libya

Wikipedia states that in March 2011, the old governor of the central bank stepped down. That's not 100% true. While he may have "voluntarily" stepped down, many news articles that were dated from March state that the rebel forces of Libya set up their own central bank -- just weeks into the rebellion which led many people to believe that there were external forces behind the Libyan rebellion front. Not sure how long it takes to establish trading rates and etc for a new central bank of a country, but its no surprise (to me, at least) that the gas prices have spiked downward after the installation of a new government that would be willing to sell goods to unnamed parties for cheaper than Gaddafi would.

...no conspiracy theorist, but I'm really concerned with the acts of the U.S. government and their possible role in this matter. I've never been one to wildly speculate without proper evidence for my reasoning, but it can't just be some coincidence that the U.S. has been involving itself in skirmishes across that region of the world, using one or two isolated acts as an excuse to invade a neighboring country, and then launching offensive measurements to remove people of power only to install one that is modeled from our own. And this type of thing has been happening for decades, not only with goods such as oils and arms, but with trading routes such as Panama (which continues to be home to one of the larger US occupancies in South America,) Iraq, Vietnam, and most likely the Korean peninsula towards the future.

I'm sorry for the little vent, but I'm legitimately concerned. ._.

Originally Posted by soltheman

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with new central bank of Libya being open.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_of_Libya

Wikipedia states that in March 2011, the old governor of the central bank stepped down. That's not 100% true. While he may have "voluntarily" stepped down, many news articles that were dated from March state that the rebel forces of Libya set up their own central bank -- just weeks into the rebellion which led many people to believe that there were external forces behind the Libyan rebellion front. Not sure how long it takes to establish trading rates and etc for a new central bank of a country, but its no surprise (to me, at least) that the gas prices have spiked downward after the installation of a new government that would be willing to sell goods to unnamed parties for cheaper than Gaddafi would.

...no conspiracy theorist, but I'm really concerned with the acts of the U.S. government and their possible role in this matter. I've never been one to wildly speculate without proper evidence for my reasoning, but it can't just be some coincidence that the U.S. has been involving itself in skirmishes across that region of the world, using one or two isolated acts as an excuse to invade a neighboring country, and then launching offensive measurements to remove people of power only to install one that is modeled from our own. And this type of thing has been happening for decades, not only with goods such as oils and arms, but with trading routes such as Panama (which continues to be home to one of the larger US occupancies in South America,) Iraq, Vietnam, and most likely the Korean peninsula towards the future.

I'm sorry for the little vent, but I'm legitimately concerned. ._.
RT

Back
Top Bottom