How did Slick Rick

Got blinded by broken glass at a very young age. Did you know that he is actually British?
eek.gif

Me and my patna saw him on 125 in a white phantom when i waas visiting NYC. I saw his eye patch shining through the tints and said that look like Slick Rick.My homie, who is from Harlem, was like
eyes.gif
"yeah thats him, let meshow you this spot over here". I wasn't even gassed, just making an observation.

In 1990, Slick Rick shot a bystander and his cousin who he'd hired as a body guard and who later admitted to having Walters shot outside a club. Slick Rick was indicted on 2 counts of attempted murder and pled guilty to all charges which also included, assault, use of a firearm, and criminal possession of a weapon. Russell Simmons, head of Def Jam records, bailed him out and Rick quickly recorded The Ruler's Back before spending five years in prison, two for the second degree attempted murder charges he received for that shooting, and three while hassling with Immigrations Services over his residency in the US. In the documentary film, The Show, Russell Simmons interviews Rick while he was a prisoner on Rikers Island.
eek.gif
That's more surprising to me than his eye.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by msDUNKtastic

^I'm guessing your not much of a fan of his?

I just listen to music, I rarely pay attention to any artist's personal life.

Na you must just skim through it.He has a whole album from jail in which he talks about all of that

damn. i kept tellin my pops a long time ago that he's from England, and he be like nah, he from New York.
laugh.gif

didnt know that he lost his eye. when i seen him in the jewelry thread with an super iced-out patch, i was like
eyes.gif
dude has both his eyes, why he wastin money on that.
eyes.gif
sorry rick
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom