How did we stop The Black Panthers?

Originally Posted by ZSong

Diplomat T-Dot
you should read it again

the spoken word verse is by Umar Bin Hassan from The Last Poets,
I recognized him after the Common joint "The Corner"
but I'm pretty sure he is officially credited in the booklet as well

Kanye was supposed to put out a new album of theirs on G.O.O.D. Music
but it was yet another alternative project that he proposed but couldn't back up (or couldn't get SONY to back up i.e. Fonzworth Bentley and Sa-Ra albums)

Well I read the credits from the album booklet and again his name isn't there so unless Kanye did a "re-release" of the Album booklet to messup names he missed my copy doesn't have it.
But then again Hov isn't mentioned on the song credits for "Diamonds"

72fz139.jpg

Sintra Bronte

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HER PICTURE graces the walls of airports, Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) offices worldwide, hotel lobbies, board rooms, travel agencies and museums internationally. The red wet T-shirt clinks to her body, caressing her full bosom and perfect 10 figure.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But for 28 years the girl on the poster has remained a mystery.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]She is Trinidadian Sintra Arunte-Bronte who caught the eye of a photographer from Doyle Dane, an American advertising company commissioned by the JTB to do the poster, as she stood outside the hotel, now known as Le Meridien Jamaica Pegasus. Sintra was dressed in a close-fitting orange, brown and gold knit top, with a low scooped neckline. The photographer was scouting for a woman who could portray the beauty of an island woman and she was game.[/font]

On some real outside of the surface meaning of crack in the black community, Kanye went in on the Crack game/ rap game references.

Sometimes I feel the music is the only medicine
So we cook it, cut it, measure it, bag it,sell it
The fiends cop it
Nowadays they cant tell if that's that good %$@#
We ain't sure man
Put the CD on your toungue yeah, thats pure man.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Diplomat T-Dot

man you made me pull out my booklet:

Additional Vocals: Tony "Penafire" Williams, Keyshia Cole, Charlie Wilson, & Umar of Last Poets

word for word, exactly how it is in the booklet
I dunno what kind of bootleg shanty town Canadian version you got homey....

and smh at people saying its anyone else so adamantly

Well I don't how how good your memory is but in the summer of '05 when the buzz for LR was at it's height Kanye was in town for a signing of hisalbum..... mind you

1) His album never leaked yet.
2) Only the tracklisting came out.

I posted pics of the booklet inside and out that Kanye signed for me, anyone who got the Album Cover early at the signing had a receipt and had to go back onthe release day which was about another 3 weeks away to get the Album w/ Retail Cover & CD.

Soooooo I'm guessing the copy Kanye signed for me even though it looks the same wasn't finished because like I mentioned before some key credits weremissing. Now I have to find the booklet that actually came from my CD.

Anyways......is there a NO DJ version of the full song w/ Game's verse?

Back
Top Bottom