How did you find out about Niketalk?

I remember it like it was yesterday. I found out through air-jordans.com. that site was so dope when it was still up. Think i was browsing through the "Links" page and stumbled on NT.

Then found out about the Jordan Brand Love Truck that took place in Hollywood.

the rest is history. 10 years later and still here... :nthat:

Yo is that the website with the blue backround and small lettering?

In 2003 I was 15 and trying to buy the retro white cement 3s. Stumbled upon this site and never looked back.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I found out through air-jordans.com. that site was so dope when it was still up. Think i was browsing through the "Links" page and stumbled on NT.

Then found out about the Jordan Brand Love Truck that took place in Hollywood.

the rest is history. 10 years later and still here... :nthat:

In 2003 I was 15 and trying to buy the retro white cement 3s. Stumbled upon this site and never looked back.

That's the one! :wow: :wow: :wow: almost forgot all about that site. damn.

jimmies semi-rustled that it leads to NDC now.

[COLOR=#red]Professor K mentioned it in one of his extremely detailed sneaker reviews back in 2000. I then used my search engine of choice "Northern Light" and found the NT site. It had no individual boards like General at the time.

I used the site STRICTLY for shoe release info...was instrumental in me scoring the Cool Grey 11's in which I bought 4 pair at Niketown Atlanta (was a 2 pair limit so I bought 2 pair and my girl bought 2 pair.

I was an early reseller too...I bought my CG'S 11's for $125 and resold the extra pairs on eBay for $225 back in 2001. I wasn't the only reseller of course, but it wasn't as profound as it is today for sure.

My first NT user name was newBKnowledge when I actually started posting in 2001.

Shout out to Ekin...dude you to come through with the exclusive info.[/COLOR]

Last edited:

That site was great back in the day. Its funny that I came to NT but spent more time in General than JB forum.

I did a search on google for "what are the best jordans?" back around 2008 :smh: :lol:

That led me to a thread in the Jordan section where people were posting their favorite Jays

And I remember everyone was saying Bordeaux 7's :lol:

Finally made an account on the very first day of the new year in 2009

Last edited:
found out about NT around 06
i always liked jordans my fav pairs were the WC 3's when i was 10 NEVER knew what they were called
one day i decided to google jordans

lead to me finding some nice and ugly jordans

lead to me eventually finding out names

lead to me googling release dates

lead to me finding out fire red 3's were gonna drop

lead to me stumbling across forums + my best friend told me about some

wont lie i came across ISS first trolled hard as hell got banned in like 2 months :rofl:

lurked on NT for a bit

decided to join and found out i had to apply :smh: waited so dam long to get accepted and now my OG acc is perma banned off some petty **** :smh:

never looked back since though :pimp:

Last edited:
this specific issue.

slam-kicks-3-kobe-bryant.jpg

Snagged 4 pairs of Olympic 6's back then too :pimp:

Blue midsole on the VI in 2001/2000?

Samples or something?

I was 15 or so and one of my teachers was into kicks and turned me onto it when I'd always be asking him about when stuff came out :smokin

I was in this slam dunk contest and one of the other contestants happened to be a member here

I was hanging out with Ewayz and he put me on. I lurked for a couple of years before I actually joined tho. I hardly ventured out of the JB forum.

im not certain. I think it was the Black and carolina XII's...i was like w t f?

hoody, shoe and i think hat, cant remember, but i went lookin and found NT

NT been good to me, learn a lot, (broadened my views) dope shoes of course, music, met good people...

+tears up+

back on 2011 meanwhile google search for jersey collector and then i find NT back then still with yuku. never ever before in my life me join english based forum :D i don't know it is for sneaker forum at that time coz i don't really care about release date of sneaker but more i see it all nike and JB thread in here more i'm getting into the game :smh: usually just take a quick look at sneakernews or SC

I wanna say I found nt by google searching diffrent topics and kicks and nt always coming back as a result
I wanna say I picked up on nt after uptowns.net shutdown

back in 2007/2008 when i joined Sc and heard all the flame wars between SC and Niketalk in my senior year of highschool.  I was an SC forum guy and then the SC forum fell off because of lames around 09.  Decided to make an account and now i just lurk 
happy.gif

Last edited:

Yup! Blue background. And had photos of almost every Jordan colorway per number and even a brief explanation of each shoe.

I also remember this site was before hi-res photos. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom