How do I clean ketchup off air max 95 mesh

Spilt a drop of ketchup of the mesh part of my air max 95's someone please tell me how to clean this up. I usually take excellent care of my shoes and I can't believe this is happening right now. I'm freaking out guys plz help.

If this is in the wrong forum please tell me where I should post this. I searched for cleaning in the search engine and didn't find a thread on it. The search engine on this board kinda sucks honestly. But yea how do I get out of this mess!!???

LOL it's not that serious.... is it? Do your best to blot out the main blob, get in there with a toothbrush & some Oxi-Clean... you should be good. It's stuff like mud, dirt or liquids with heavy dye you have to worry about... and marker, permanent marker is the worst.

Good luck

Thanks I'll go pick up some oxiclean immediately. Oh and just for future reference is there an actual cleaning thread on this forum?

i remember reading a long time ago that a good way to clean mesh on sneakers is to put the shoes in a pillow case and put them in the washer.......i dont like putting sneakers in the washer so i never tried

I have washed my neon 95s in the washing machine twice inside of a pillowcase and they come out fresh everytime... just make sure you tie the pillow case up...take out the laces and insoles... let the shoes air dry and stuff the toes with socks or old t-shirts while they dry...

good luck

I'm not a fan of the washing machine. I just feel that it's too harsh on the materials. I would just gently scrub with a soft toothbrush (usually 1 dollar at walgreens or CVS), and tide colorsafe detergent (any detergent is fine really, but if you have tide, it's better). Then gently dab the shoe with a towel to soak up the water and let it dry naturally in a cool, dark spot in your room for about 2-3 days. Not much too it. Oxyclean is good too. LOL, I understand about the freaking out part. When I get dirt on any of my suede Jordans (VII Hares, III Flips) I immediately clean it out.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

i remember reading a long time ago that a good way to clean mesh on sneakers is to put the shoes in a pillow case and put them in the washer.......i dont like putting sneakers in the washer so i never tried

This.

Thread End.

Why a pillow case? I put my neon 95's in the wash raw and they came out fine for me

Stuck my orange 95s in the washer and it came out very clean with no physical damage...I put them in a pillowcase as well and my reasoning behind that is it helps prevent scuffs or minor damage from the tossing and spinning of the washer. I have before and after pics but you can't really tell the difference unless your up close. I never put any shoe in the washer before yesterday and didn't run into any issues.

HERE'S WHAT YOU SHOULD REALLY DO:

Buy a bottle of powdered "Bar Keepers Friend"

mix a small bowl of the powder with just a little bit of warm water so that you make a PASTE.

apply the paste onto the mesh, covering the stain, and let sit for a few minutes.

Then clean and rinse gently with warm water. YOu can use a wet cloth to remove the paste and buff out the stain.

I got this technique from NT years ago and it has never failed me.

Washing machine.

Contrary to now popular belief, am95s were once used for running. They can handle the washing machine, especially with in a pillow case with socks in the toes.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Washing machine.

Contrary to now popular belief, am95s were once used for running. They can handle the washing machine, especially with in a pillow case with socks in the toes.
+1

This is all i thought of... sorry... 
laugh.gif

dumb+n+dumber.jpg

40572fe3c2a9297114b3add15545a584_width_600x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom