How do I quit my job? good terms or burn the bridge

well i've had this job since i was 16 and im 18 now and i'm just tired of it............to top it off my manager gets mad over the dumbest isssh

is it alright if i just leave without any type of notice????

Nahhh give em notice. You dont want to burn bridges, trust me.

Besides, you've been there 2 years, what's 2 more weeks?

OP if you don't mind me asking, what do you do?
nerd.gif

I was in the same position, I just told him I got offered more money at a better job, he tried to raise my wage but it wasn't about the money I was just tired of it so I told him and just sent a letter of resignation, went smooth.

Depends on how cool the job is and how they treat you... If you been getting treated like crap, burn the damn bridge!!!

I agree with JC.
It all depends (I know from experience).If you decide to "burn bridges",make sure you have something GUARANTEED!

Depends on how long you've been there. I did this at my last office job of 1.5 years. Wrote an email from the bottom dept to the top of the big bosses! Sent it as mass email. Shook supervisor's hand for giving me the opportunity, grabbed my stuff, diddy bopped out the office at lunch. All the other employees were baffled and they were understaffed that day
pimp.gif
. I think it depends on your state law, but they can only ask if you were an employee and how long you were there, nothing else! GL!
smokin.gif

put in your 2 weeks notice,
the 2 weeks give them time to hire someone else to take your spot instead of your spot.
if you don't they will never expect to hire someone else and they'll be understaffed.
thats like leaving the company somewhat at a handicap for short period of time but it counts as you not giviring a %@%* about them even after they gave you an opportunity for gainful employment.

depends on how they've treated...if you feel that they've treated you wrong, then forget the 2 weeks notice and leave them stuck for a while

Originally Posted by seniosoul

put in your 2 weeks notice,
the 2 weeks give them time to hire someone else to take your spot instead of your spot.
if you don't they will never expect to hire someone else and they'll be understaffed.
thats like leaving the company somewhat at a handicap for short period of time but it counts as you not giviring a %@%* about them even after they gave you an opportunity for gainful employment.
personally, i follow the golden rule.

Would they give me two weeks notice that I was going to be laid off? Or would they call me in at 9:00 am and let me know that effective immediately, I would no longer be an employee, then make me come back 2 days later to retrieve my things?

As long as you're respectful and level headed, the only thing your doing by quitting immediately is inconviniencing them for a few weeks

It also depends on your state. some states are right to work states, menaing the employment agreement between 2 parties can be terminated at any time by either party without any justification.

better yet just start looking for another job now and put on your application that you already quit your current job.

Meanwhile at milk current job just show up and do as little work as possible, the key is to keep a level head and not get frustrated or this plan will just backfire. Quiting is not going to teach your manager any "lesson".

Originally Posted by Noskey

Nahhh give em notice. You dont want to burn bridges, trust me.

Besides, you've been there 2 years, what's 2 more weeks?
This.

Also you might need a reference etc in the future

Don't !!+% up your resume or whatever that $%@# is called. Just say you're moving to another city or state, that's it.

laugh.gif
 @ leaving a notice to quit a retail job at 18. 

a) Never show up.
b) Go to work, and as soon as your manager tells you to do something. Say F off, and breeze.
c) If you work a 2PM - 8PM shift, don't show up until 7:45PM like nothing happened.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

laugh.gif
 @ leaving a notice to quit a retail job at 18. 

a) Never show up.
b) Go to work, and as soon as your manager tells you to do something. Say F off, and breeze.
c) If you work a 2PM - 8PM shift, don't show up until 7:45PM like nothing happened.
smh.gif
I walked out on my Sears job at 18.. but i'd advise OP to put in his 2 weeks atleast you'll have some sort experience to put on your resume and it shows that you can hold a job.

Originally Posted by y0uNgNdAnG3RoUs723

Depends on how long you've been there. I did this at my last office job of 1.5 years. Wrote an email from the bottom dept to the top of the big bosses! Sent it as mass email. Shook supervisor's hand for giving me the opportunity, grabbed my stuff, diddy bopped out the office at lunch. All the other employees were baffled and they were understaffed that day
pimp.gif
. I think it depends on your state law, but they can only ask if you were an employee and how long you were there, nothing else! GL!
smokin.gif

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom