How do I wear xi's casually and not look embarassing?

xis look good with everything
pimp.gif

You can wear XI with everything. You can even wear a tux with them. Use some sea glow for the yellow soles.

You can wear XI with everything. You can even wear a tux with them. Use some sea glow for the yellow soles.

Ignore the hate man. Let me change things up and actually help you out a bit.

First, like oso23 said, get some Sea Glow. It works great as long as you pay very close attention to the directions. If the soles are yellow to the point where they are barely translucent, I'm not so sure how clear you'll get them, but you'll definitely see some improvement. If you're dealing with standard-issue yellowing though, I think you'll be pretty happy with Sea Glow.

As for what to wear, the key is to coordinate without going overboard. Getting shirts that incorporate key colors from the shoes always works. For instance, look for a black polo with some subtle blue and/or white accents to go with the Space Jams. Go with a mid-tone denim or a pair of gray cargo shorts and you've got a good combo without being all "look at me!"

It's the subtlety that's key my friend. Without some coordination any pair of kicks can easily get lost or just look silly. If you over-coordinate, then you risk looking like you're trying too hard (IMHO) unless your clothing choices are absolutely perfect.  Play it down the middle, make sure the clothes fit right, and just have fun rocking your J's!  You'll be good every time.

Ignore the hate man. Let me change things up and actually help you out a bit.

First, like oso23 said, get some Sea Glow. It works great as long as you pay very close attention to the directions. If the soles are yellow to the point where they are barely translucent, I'm not so sure how clear you'll get them, but you'll definitely see some improvement. If you're dealing with standard-issue yellowing though, I think you'll be pretty happy with Sea Glow.

As for what to wear, the key is to coordinate without going overboard. Getting shirts that incorporate key colors from the shoes always works. For instance, look for a black polo with some subtle blue and/or white accents to go with the Space Jams. Go with a mid-tone denim or a pair of gray cargo shorts and you've got a good combo without being all "look at me!"

It's the subtlety that's key my friend. Without some coordination any pair of kicks can easily get lost or just look silly. If you over-coordinate, then you risk looking like you're trying too hard (IMHO) unless your clothing choices are absolutely perfect.  Play it down the middle, make sure the clothes fit right, and just have fun rocking your J's!  You'll be good every time.

Well, the shoes aren't your problem

You're asking a website how to dress first of all....

SMH, been a while since one of these threads popped up

Well, the shoes aren't your problem

You're asking a website how to dress first of all....

SMH, been a while since one of these threads popped up

^ True...

and OP, put plastic bags on em while u wear em and are walking. It's the latest trend, just do it!

^ True...

and OP, put plastic bags on em while u wear em and are walking. It's the latest trend, just do it!

just rock em...just find something yellow in ur closet to go along with ur kicks...lol

just rock em...just find something yellow in ur closet to go along with ur kicks...lol

should not be embarassed to wear the XIs man...great shoe..just do you and be comfortable with yourself

should not be embarassed to wear the XIs man...great shoe..just do you and be comfortable with yourself

Either seaglow them like others have suggested in this thread, or if they aren't beat to all hell just sell them. You can make some money and buy kicks that you think work better for you.

Either seaglow them like others have suggested in this thread, or if they aren't beat to all hell just sell them. You can make some money and buy kicks that you think work better for you.

i wouldnt use seaglow ever again. its takes so much time and it will seperate your whole bottom sole from the shoes. it just gets so hot nd it melts d glue around d seams of d soles. plus it will still yellow no matter how much you seaglow em anyways. so give character to d kicks nd keep the yellow. just my opinion...

on what js to wear on certain gear, thats calld ORIGINALITY. dont ask what we think is dope or what not because its everyones style.. if you cant still pull it off, then quit wasting ur money on js.. be you be original be FRESH.

i wouldnt use seaglow ever again. its takes so much time and it will seperate your whole bottom sole from the shoes. it just gets so hot nd it melts d glue around d seams of d soles. plus it will still yellow no matter how much you seaglow em anyways. so give character to d kicks nd keep the yellow. just my opinion...

on what js to wear on certain gear, thats calld ORIGINALITY. dont ask what we think is dope or what not because its everyones style.. if you cant still pull it off, then quit wasting ur money on js.. be you be original be FRESH.

Back
Top Bottom