How do you all cut folks off vol. screening calls

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by webnerd06

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

I just ignore them, they'll eventually get the point.
this.

or  just answer the call and tell them that theyre cut off so there isnt a miscommunication about the situation.

That's why you've been ducking my calls
smh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

did that to my boy last week because he was on some dumb @#$*. Dude hit me up every day and it got to a point that i wouldnt even read his text. Last night he hit me up with the Plz respond. smh

did that to my boy last week because he was on some dumb @#$*. Dude hit me up every day and it got to a point that i wouldnt even read his text. Last night he hit me up with the Plz respond. smh

either change name to dont answer or ignore.

never delete because people are slick and will wait a few months and try to hit you after you been ignoring them. then as an inquisitive mind you will be like "oh who is this" and BAM! got'cha!

either change name to dont answer or ignore.

never delete because people are slick and will wait a few months and try to hit you after you been ignoring them. then as an inquisitive mind you will be like "oh who is this" and BAM! got'cha!

Originally Posted by JZero23

Originally Posted by iBlink

Just be a man, tell them you're cutting them off. Will be a lot easier for you to walk away...

Easier said than done. I have that "I don't want anyone to hate me" mentality.
Well, if a "friend" kept calling you and trying to track you down, and you kept ignoring, wouldn't the end up hating you anyway? At least if you're up front about it, they won't be let down from constantly calling you and trying to contact you. Either way, they're going to hate you...
JZero's right...

I was in this same situation about 3 or 4 months ago. I had to cut a really good friend off for a bit and not being upfront at first just made it 10x worse later.

Originally Posted by iBlink

Just be a man, tell them you're cutting them off. Will be a lot easier for you to walk away...

Easier said than done. I have that "I don't want anyone to hate me" mentality.
Well, if a "friend" kept calling you and trying to track you down, and you kept ignoring, wouldn't the end up hating you anyway? At least if you're up front about it, they won't be let down from constantly calling you and trying to contact you. Either way, they're going to hate you...
JZero's right...

I was in this same situation about 3 or 4 months ago. I had to cut a really good friend off for a bit and not being upfront at first just made it 10x worse later.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Depends how well i know the person. If I know them very well I tell them straight up. If its an acquaintance I just stop hitting them up.

How do you go about telling them, though?

Do you hit them up and be like "yeh, I'm cutting you off, bye."?

Do you wait until you bump into them at the store and tell them?

Just seems like a REALLY awkward situation to me.

Depends how well i know the person. If I know them very well I tell them straight up. If its an acquaintance I just stop hitting them up.

this

this

this comes off as being emotionally hurt or salty; not to mention immature.  For phone calls/texts just ingore them.  Dont pick up or answer back texts.  As far as seeing the person, NO CONVERSATIONS! Only "hi", "whats up", "see you later", etc.  Then, gradually lower these greetings to headnods.  By this point, if youve been ignoring their calls/texts they should get the point and youll mutually cut off communication. 

this comes off as being emotionally hurt or salty; not to mention immature.  For phone calls/texts just ingore them.  Dont pick up or answer back texts.  As far as seeing the person, NO CONVERSATIONS! Only "hi", "whats up", "see you later", etc.  Then, gradually lower these greetings to headnods.  By this point, if youve been ignoring their calls/texts they should get the point and youll mutually cut off communication. 

ducking calls is feminine

I just tell them I'm busy doing other things, and hopefully they'll realize we no longer have many interests in common.

ducking calls is feminine

I just tell them I'm busy doing other things, and hopefully they'll realize we no longer have many interests in common.

It takes a lot for me to cut someone off so when/if it happens its not really a surprise..basically there's usually a series of events leading up to it so its not like its out of the blue..
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

It takes a lot for me to cut someone off so when/if it happens its not really a surprise..basically there's usually a series of events leading up to it so its not like its out of the blue..
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

Yeah, usually I just "one word" them in texts or on the phone make it short until I see a reason to let them know whats going on.

If its in person and they have been cut off, I'll still nod or even dap them up just keep it moving.

Yeah, usually I just "one word" them in texts or on the phone make it short until I see a reason to let them know whats going on.

If its in person and they have been cut off, I'll still nod or even dap them up just keep it moving.

Some of these broads are nutz!! I got one or two that's still callin my phone from a year ago.. Lol... I havnt answered in a year.. I got female freinds that say they got dudes like that... Sometimes it takes a number change.. I hate doin that but I have done it before.... And that's after bein straight up and tellin the other person u don't want to be bothered!

Some of these broads are nutz!! I got one or two that's still callin my phone from a year ago.. Lol... I havnt answered in a year.. I got female freinds that say they got dudes like that... Sometimes it takes a number change.. I hate doin that but I have done it before.... And that's after bein straight up and tellin the other person u don't want to be bothered!

Back
Top Bottom