How do you deal with being overworked?

Mister Meaner

formerly super producer j
Working in retail, dependent upon your position, rank, etc, you almost never turn down hours if you are available to work. Dating back to last week Wednesday, I'm scheduled to work 19 consecutive days. Yes, companies aren't technically allowed to do it, but if no one speaks up (i.e. me & scheduling manager), then there's no problem.

I'm not complaining, but I need help picking myself out of bed now. Should I start taking vitamins? 5 hour energy?

Working in retail, dependent upon your position, rank, etc, you almost never turn down hours if you are available to work. Dating back to last week Wednesday, I'm scheduled to work 19 consecutive days. Yes, companies aren't technically allowed to do it, but if no one speaks up (i.e. me & scheduling manager), then there's no problem.

I'm not complaining, but I need help picking myself out of bed now. Should I start taking vitamins? 5 hour energy?

Its part of my job really.

Working that many days consecutively can be draining; all that means is you have to be more wise with your time off hours(finding time to relax, going to bed on time etc)

Its part of my job really.

Working that many days consecutively can be draining; all that means is you have to be more wise with your time off hours(finding time to relax, going to bed on time etc)

It happens. Just make time for yourself and make sure you SLEEP! As for the 5-hour energy, I wouldn't recommend making it a habit (I've been there). Instead, only use it if you're REALLY crashing (you'll end up delaying the crash, but it will still happen). Coffee is better.

Also, keep your head up. Think about what you'll do with all that $$ when this 19-day streak is over. Good luck!

It happens. Just make time for yourself and make sure you SLEEP! As for the 5-hour energy, I wouldn't recommend making it a habit (I've been there). Instead, only use it if you're REALLY crashing (you'll end up delaying the crash, but it will still happen). Coffee is better.

Also, keep your head up. Think about what you'll do with all that $$ when this 19-day streak is over. Good luck!

exactly why i had to dead that retail stuff. i hated that mess. 19 days is od.

exactly why i had to dead that retail stuff. i hated that mess. 19 days is od.

What hours do you work??...my advice is try to squeeze things to besides work, hit the gym, go for drinks after work, hit up a movie...the most days I work consecutive are 7 days, but in those 7 days I'd work 24 and 36 hour shifts regularly...so I feel you OP, I try to always do something on my days off to keep my sanity.

What hours do you work??...my advice is try to squeeze things to besides work, hit the gym, go for drinks after work, hit up a movie...the most days I work consecutive are 7 days, but in those 7 days I'd work 24 and 36 hour shifts regularly...so I feel you OP, I try to always do something on my days off to keep my sanity.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Hospital?

My shifts are usually 8hrs, but sometimes I'll stay and help out to make it 10 hrs or so. Yes, I am certainly thinking about that check! Gonna finally put something in my savings this year lol.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Hospital?

My shifts are usually 8hrs, but sometimes I'll stay and help out to make it 10 hrs or so. Yes, I am certainly thinking about that check! Gonna finally put something in my savings this year lol.

Back
Top Bottom