How do you feel about Nas' Book of rhymes?

If money's your religion sky the limit live life
Numbers is big business makes the poor live trife
The glimmers of hope provoke those without dollars to dream
Through your existence become wealthy knowledge is king
Pimps and card sharks thiefs murderers with hard luck
Addicts and fiends prostitutes passin' for teens is my society
Cops that shoot blacks is routine for noteriety
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Nas delivers yet another classic. When I first heard this song, I knew where he was going with this joint. You really gotta appreciate lyricism when you hearthis song, because a lot of emcees have rhyme books that they find outta nowhere and just read what they wrote to get that nostalgic feeling of a certain time.Or simply analyze their craft and how far along they have come. It's as if Nas were listing to Illmatic and then made a song about it, like; "I saidthat %!$*"? Pure Flames...That's why he's the G.O.A.T.

Soul on ice, death threat given by clowns, I guess livin is prison when you live around clowns
I'm Hexed
Nah worst I'm blessed, at 1st I thought I was abnormal cause I would overcome any task cordial
So there it is I'm a prince I'm against lames who do minor *#+*, swear they on the top of they game
Ya rhymin is called vagina monologue, it kinda supports theories of scary _'s who should lie in a morgue

That boi was in a zone
smh.gif
pimp.gif

i think its dope...
beat is soo nice and the flow is crazy which makes up for the sub-par lyrics imo plus the concept is cool too

One of my fav Nas joints. Here's the remix I did for my mixtape:

Divshare may be down tonight, so if anything its on the myspace (link in the sig).

Back
Top Bottom